Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 7

Old 07-12-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

****{Hugs PCL}}} I know what you mean I said someone did a ****** thingie on my dang beast...dam thing won't die either.ugh!. I been in a funk too, I think it is mostly...sorry guys...pms..hate it!!I just been feeling blah,bored. I know it will pass for us we just gotta be strong..... I was with my brother the other day I could tell he was high on something then he asked me to take him to the liquor store. I was like I'm so glad I am sober!! I told him I don't want to be with him if he is high, he thinks I can't tell its like Hello! Its obvious!! But he denied it...Anyways we have come along way and we are sure to have struggles but just take a minute and really reflect how great we have done!!! I mean WOW!!right!!Can you say woonnndderful!!! Over a 1/2 year!!!! I told my husband today I remember when I was drinking and if there was a night for some reason I couldn't drink, I would get mad and it physically felt like it hurt...like I was gonna cry over it..Holy freaking crap!!..cry over it!!..Glad those days are passed and cravings are not 24/7 like they use to be.....We are a team our little class is and its great to have solidarity! We have helped each other so much in our journey to get sober, we pick each other up when we are about to fall....I'm just glad I have you guys♥ ...We can kick the beast azz together!!!....p.s. on another note took my dog in he had all his teeth pulled, so I have been giving my little guy lots of my attention, love him so much♥
Old 07-12-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

home from our day at the shore. Great weather and the fam had a really nice time. I did more relaxing than riding water slides though. Becoming much less adventurous the older I get I couldn't help thinking that, last year at this time, a day like this would have been spent in anxious anticipation of that first cold beer (and the many,many more to follow). As we sat eating dinner on the boardwalk, I found myself smiling as I sipped my iced tea...realizing I was completely relaxed and not needing to hurry home for my "fix". Ahhhhh, sweet freedom! It's moments like these that make me realize sobriety is so much better than the alternative

Great post (((Nel)))...just think what a great example you are setting for your brother...he of course has to come to terms with his own demons, but seeing you strong and sober is definitely a good thing! Hope your pup is doing ok, poor thing.

Kat, you and I are very fortunate to be done with those hormones
Old 07-14-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congrats to NBC for 6 months!!

We are pure awesomeness!!!

Can't wait to congratulate the rest of the crew coming up in later July!
TOTALLY AWESOME SOBERLICIOUS UPWARD & ONWARD, ON ALL SIDES OF THE GLOBE CLASS OF JANUARY!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Happy 6-er PCL. I will be putting my blue chip in my badge holder for all the world to see today. 6 months ago I would have never said that. Shame filled me. Not so today! I love each and everyone of you. We are flipping AWESOME!! Love and hugs, Tammi
Old 07-14-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Happy 6 Months!!!PCL & NBC 7 Awesome girls!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

:day2

*****Purplecatlover and Nonblondechef*****

BIG HUGS AND CONGRATS ON THE 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!

Truly amazing, and well done indeed! Love ya both xo
Old 07-14-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Congrats NBC !!!!! You are cool
Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Congrats PCL !!!! You Rock
Old 07-14-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Congratulations to our newest 6 monthers, PCL and NBC, good job!!

Today me, hubs, and our two sons went to the lake. I went swimming and kayaking and just enjoyed myself and felt fit. On the way home, I got that voice in my ear that urged me to get a bottle of wine because it would be so relaxing to have a glass to celebrate this lovely summer Saturday. Then I remembered that if I was still drinking I would probably be feeling depressed, 50 lbs heavier, and not have enough energy to walk, swim and paddle around the lake. And I wouldn't have a glass, I'd drink the bottle and feel awful. That voice lies.
Stay vigilant class, onward and upward!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Katrinka, vigilant is a great word!
That is soooo true. We can't let our guard down ever.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Vigilanties are we! Hate that stupid voice - so glad you silenced it, Kat. Incredible stuff going on here with all of us. Onward and upward, cause that's how we roll! Love and hugs,
Old 07-15-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey class not much going on here. My brother got drunk last night and he is in the hospital because he thinks he broke is ankle. He is 8 years younger then me, so I guess he will have to figure it out on is own. We talk alot about stuff but I have learn that you got to be ready to change. My dog is doing good, my brave toothless little guy. Hope all is well. I have had alot of cravings I think its boredom...but I'm them fighting off I have lost 31 pounds!! I really need to lose about 25 or more to be at a healthy weight for my height...5'7.... Lots of love to you all♥...Oh I finish my book 'Drinking A Love Story'...When she talked about losing her mom, I just cried cause I miss my mom so much. She was a wonderful loving lady, my mom was♥....Anywho take care guys.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Finally...I am motivated to CLEAN!!! And, my goodness, I have been cleaning since yesterday and every single muscle in my body aches, like I've endured the workout of a lifetime But what an incredible feeling this is...parts of my home are coming alive again, just like I feel myself. An awakening of sorts. During my drinking career I pretty much just put the blinders on and ignored my house becoming messier and messier, dirtier and dirtier. I pretty much had an "eff it" attitude about everything. Well, I am now just starting to wake up to the mess (both literal and figurative) I've left in alcohell's wake. It will take a very long time to completely get things back in order, especially between working and tending to family needs, but I intend to work on it a little at a time. It is so tremendously gratifying! Just the look of things, uncluttered and sparkling, warms my soul.
So here we all are at the somewhat half-way mark...to our one year of sobriety! Makes me smile when I think how far we've come...together! Sure, we all have our ups and downs, the Beast comes a callin' from time to time, but we are fighters I thank my Higher Power every day for each one of you, for you have blessed me tremendously with your support and inspiration! Keep on doin' what you're doin' folks, you are all amazing
Back to finish scrubbing the bathroom
Old 07-15-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

oops meant 'fighting them off'
Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

faceit you can clean mine ...lol
Old 07-15-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, bk to day1 for me today, and it has been not very plesent.
Oh god do I feel like a rite plonker.
Love to all
Old 07-15-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Seanie so good to have you back! Day one is a good day, hang in there.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Its so queit in class anymore...we must be getting stronger, I remember when we clung to class like a lifeline....either that or everyone has melted from the heat...lol...love to you all! Seanie again I am glad you are back!! Read and post often
Old 07-15-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Yes, it is good see you, Seanie. Don't give up. Lean on us - we are here for you and care. I have to do that house cleaning thing tomorrow. Tonight I'm watching all my favorite Sunday night shows which all happen to be incredibly emotional so it's a three tissue night. Lots of feelings coming to the surface. Growth is good but exhausting. No beast in my brain but a commercial will bring me to tears. UGH! Good thing is they're not depressed, sad tears, just waking up and feeling and being incredibly touched by so many things and feelings. Happy new week, fam - onward and upward! Love and hugs, T
Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

NBC, I been closed in all day from the heat, a few hours ago I got so bored I went out and sweep my long drive way, just put 2 basket of cloths away gonna sweep and do a little more before bed hopefully I can tire myself out...lol. When I am closed up in the house I tend to get bored/lazy/stir crazy! I hate feeling closed in but its just to dang hot out!! I will be glad when cooler temps come and I can open my house! We are gonna start painting my bedroom soon excited about that I am going with a greenandblue with a yellow ceiling and do my trim in yellow ...Okay I'm bored and just rattling on, have a good night class