Notices

Class of July 2012

Old 07-03-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Well, that masterpiece is happening this time... for sure. I'm never felt this crappy this soon after quitting... next time - I'm pretty darn sure I'd wind up in a hospital or worse.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon R4R - I'm off to bed

D
Old 07-03-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Today is day one for me, now coming to an end. Only had 2 beers yesterdays after three nights sober, and the difference was huge. Today I had no energy, insides feel beaten up by a train, aches all over, and heart palpitations are strong. Pretty much the same as my last Day 1, 2, but Days 3 and 4 I felt healthy and had none of that. Just from two beers. Pretty crazy. Guess this is my way of encouraging people not to slip up. If you haven't done a 90 day detox since you started drinking like me (or haven't done one in a year or two at least), then July 2012 it's time for the REAL day one.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

talked to my new temp sponsor last night. I think it will be a good match. I'm going to a meeting tonight and goal is every day this week (and continuing weeks). I am a little aprehensive about what will I do on the weekend and not drinking anymore - but I'm going to take it ODAT and think of the positives of not drinking - no blackouts, hangovers, depression, wasted money, fear of who I called or what I did..
Old 07-03-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi first day sober can I join the class of July
Old 07-03-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Question How come

How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells,it never killed the ones that make me want to drink?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Good job Tim....

Nice about the temp sponsor.... hope it works out. Don't think about the weekend yet.... it's not here - just do it today. Tomorrow.... wake up and say.... I'm just going to do it today.... so on and so forth.

Welcome Rob.... Alcohol kills the wrong brain cells because it wants to live happily ever after with us and it wants to live to kill us or at least make us miserable. I choose to divorced it
Old 07-03-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Welcome all!

Approaching day 2 with a very positive outlook. Tossed and turned last night but that's to be expected.

Looking forward to my evenings with Fresca, Sleepy Time tea, and a fruit bar. That's really all I need to relax at the end of the day. Don't know why I continue to go back to the wine. NEVER AGAIN.

I'm the heaviest I've ever been (which isn't fat but I'm uncomfortable) thanks to the wine. I'm also looking forward to kicking up the running miles and eating a whole lot better. I'm going to sign up for a few races to keep me motivated.

Have a great Tuesday, friends!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm in, can't see any reason not to...
Old 07-03-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome brdlvr Sarah, Idun, Ms Sola, Sober4, Weasel and Aug

Tomorrow's another day MTN - I agree with R4R tho, maybe its time to add a few more things to your recovery toolbox now?

D
Yes, you are both absolutely right.

Tuesday evening here, nearly bedtime. Today I have done a LOT of reading. I have almost finished Allen Carr and I have spent any other spare time reading through the secular recovery forum - I'm half way through part 3 of the long running AVRT discussion. Phew it's a biggie!

Both are making a lot of sense to me and I think I will have to go for the never option. With thinking I will not drink just for today I all too easily allow myself the option of but that's ok because I will drink in the near future, call it a blip, get over it, move on, do it again... then as I have recently demonstrated a blip all too quickly becomes a return to the previous drinking habits that lead me here in the first place.

Hope that makes sense!

I have also ordered the RR book so looking forward to reading through that, as although I have gleaned a lot of the concepts from todays reading, I'll need to read that first hand to properly understand it.

I'm assuming there is no harm in reading both? Or indeed posting here about them?!

So that's been my day.

I hope all my classmates are ok today I'll properly catch up in the morning, I have a date with my bed and Allen Carr haha there's a thought :/
Old 07-03-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Really4Real;3471709]I decided it's my blood sugar dropping dramatically - kind was prepared for feeling crappy tomorrow. Not today. Guess it lends into the whole progession concept. Well, at least my liver isn't aching today.

My liver hurts a lot. I wonder how long it wil take to feel better?? That's one of the reasons that I truly want to stop. I'm getting scared that my liver can't handle it.

Day 6 and not feeling crappy. I think taking the vitamins for alcahol withdrawl really do help. Maybe it's in my head but I haven't craved wine like I usually do. I still want it when I'm stressed but it's not a craving. I still have that want to be numb when I'm stressed but it's different.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome robsta and catlover

MTN 'one day at a time' worked for me - but I needed to accept I'd have to renew my 'vow' every day...

eventually I got to the point where 'never again' didn't freak me out so much...if you're there...go for it

D
Old 07-03-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hello all, today is my first day. After many false starts, I'm hopeful being involved with others in the same boat will be helpful on my road to a healthier, sober me.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Same with me,ItBegins, many false starts!
Tonight is the third night...the night I usually fail. I am resolute...not tonight!

Good luck to my class! July 2012!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Just had a large mug of sleepy time tea, and getting ready to curl up with my three year old and snuggle to sleep. :-)

Good night all.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome ItBeginsNow

D
Old 07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Finishing up day one today. Made it for 10 days then blew it last Friday...and Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Feel like crap today. I can't believe I willingly keep doing this to myself. So here's to not giving up on ourselves and dropping this habit like a hot rock!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:05 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome robsta and catlover

MTN 'one day at a time' worked for me - but I needed to accept I'd have to renew my 'vow' every day...

eventually I got to the point where 'never again' didn't freak me out so much...if you're there...go for it

D
Only time will tell, I suppose it is very easy to feel hyped up and Yeah - I can do this! After pretty much spending every spare minute reading literature that tells you, you can, and not only that - Allen Carr tells you it's the 'Easyway' ! Finally finished the book last night - didn't take the last drink obviously.

Mad dream #192 since joining... We were all in an actual class room. you Dee were the teacher (a nice one, so thanks for that ) We were over looking the playing fields but rules were that we were not allowed out for a simple game of cricket or rounders because we were just not ready for the outside world. 2 headteachers came round (nasty) and set us a creative writing assignment competition. The winner later received a Sony Walkman which we were all supposed to be mightily impressed with, the reasoning being that we'd all been such hopeless drunks for so many years that we had completely missed out on all of life, including advancements in technology so we were starting again with the basics!

I might just be going a little bit mad...

So there class of July, is my 7am first cup of tea wittering post - get used to them lol

Hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday
Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by o2binsd View Post
Finishing up day one today. Made it for 10 days then blew it last Friday...and Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Feel like crap today. I can't believe I willingly keep doing this to myself. So here's to not giving up on ourselves and dropping this habit like a hot rock!
Hello again o2binsd Glad you are back with us and still trying. Hope you feel a lot better in the morning and have a great day.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Couldn't sleep much last night, and woke up feeling very sad and worried. Day 5. Maybe I'll go running again, it really seems to help, both mentally and physically. I wanna be strong enough. We have gigs tomorrow, friday and saturday. Only three nights. I can do it!
Good luck everyone!