Notices

Class of July 2012

Old 07-13-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

:day1 Sentso!

JHE... I haven't started the book yet. My head is fairly still messed up from the librium - so focusing is a little hard at the moment. But I think it can mesh a bit with AA.
The meeting I'm going to tonight is an addiction recovery in Christ group... not officially aa, but they follow the steps. Been there before about 20 years ago and then again visited a few years ago. Want to try other meetings, but I don't do well with crowds that I don't know. Scares the beegeebees out of me

Hi BF --- let's do it this time for good

Dee... your avatar is so out of character... what gives

Have a good day Julians!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Fdm

Happy Birthday Sentso!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Happy bday Sentso!

Hey R4R!

Got thru day 1, sleeping on n off and night sweats. My stomach is kinda bugging me. I will be sticking close to SR this weekend so that I don't drink.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Good plan, BF
Old 07-13-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Day 1

It was actually not that hard to drink. My AV started up at 4:00 but instead of reaching for my bottle of wine in the fridge, I just kept drinking my water with lime. I did have a few moments of irritability and also, I felt so awake.

I did wake up with night sweats which I expected. I had a dry tshirt handy to change into and went right back to sleep. It did take me a little longer to get to sleep but I take a Dr prescribed sleep aid so that helps a lot.

Today will be tough. It is friday night and we are going to be seeing some old drinking buddies we have not seen in years. They live about an hour away and we are going to see them in between my son's baseball games today. I am not going to drink a drop and it will be tough.

Saturday will be worse. It is my brother's 50th birthday party and my family is a bunch of heavy drinkers. I would love to not go but that is not possible. However, there will be a fellow recovering alcoholic there that I will hang with.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Mic... maybe you can tell them that you're not feeling well and go another time?
Old 07-13-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Originally Posted by micmac View Post
Saturday will be worse. It is my brother's 50th birthday party and my family is a bunch of heavy drinkers. I would love to not go but that is not possible.
I hear ya!! We're having 20 over for a family BBQ Saturday to celebrate four birthdays and most of the group are drinkers. Should be looking forward to seeing everybody but all I can think about is all the alcohol that will be around.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Dear Sentso,

I am playing locally with travel work only now and then. Have a great show this weekend! Looking forward to your update.

Mel
Old 07-13-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Oh <s>Mah Jonng</s> classmates - how I have missed thee!

First things first :day2 Sentso! (what are those smilies saying?!) I hope you're feeling a little more positive now, please don't be too hard on yourself. I'm looking into other methods at the moment - I have registered for the SMART Recovery website this evening (the US one as they have more meetings) and it looks like there should be an online meeting most days that fits in with european time - I think! Not too good with timezones... Enjoy the rest of your evening

I seem to have had a pisher of a day... nothing but stress and with a difficult weekend looming I was so ready to throw in the towel. Just give it all up, start again another day. Just couldn't get out of Aaargh mode. I didn't cave though and I'm glad. I actually feeling quite bright now, might be something to do with DD being in bed so looking forward to early night book reading.

Bathroom update...!!!! There isn't one. I have blocked it from my mind. It doesn't exist. Haha I'll get the painting finished tomorrow when DD is out. Never again.

There have been so many posts I cannot keep up, so welcome to all newcomers, well done everybody on their respective milestones and well done to all of us that slipped and got straight back up

I was on a proper downer but this cheered me up...

Originally Posted by TTBABP View Post
MyTimeNow - don't beat yourself up just get back on track.

My wish for you - I must admit - is a little selfish because I absolutely love reading your posts when you are not drinking. They are bright and interesting and so wonderfully positive that they give me incentive.

You are far from stupid and I feel awful that you are sad but I just know from your other posts that you can do this and won't let this slip up beat you!
Thank you TTBABP, that means an awful lot, does make me think you must be a little nuts though

Oh... And... One more thing... I am officially STUPID! I ordered the RR book over a week ago, thought should have been here by now. Double checked Amazon (I ordered second hand and just went straight for the cheapest) expected delivery between July 23rd and Aug 2nd as I ordered it from a private seller in the states!!

Pillock.

Ooh it's good to be back!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Oops HTML doesn't work on here then
Old 07-13-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Oh I'm pissy today! Angry that I am not drinking. Angry that I feel like I can't-because I know I can't.

I'm trying to stay accountable-I feel like I started this-I need to keep going. Even though I want to pretend I was never here and I am a normal person. If I drink-I will just be more angry at myself. If I don't-I may still be angry but at least I won't be angry at myself for screwing this up.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday Sentso
welcome mic mac

R4R.... seems my avatar is not popular - or makes people think I'm making a comment anyway - many comments today....so I will change it

D
Old 07-13-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Happy BDay Sentso!
WOW I miss calculated and it has been one week booze free! YAY I haven't gone this long for a year or so!

I think I mentioned that I told my husband that if he didn't get the alcohol out of the house I would be out of the house! he did and is thinking of stopping too!

Our 20 something kids come over on Sundays for dinner. we usually have drinks...no more...not even beer (which I hate)

Micmac-Yep it is hard when there are parties. If you do have a recovering friend to hang with and receive support seems it may be ok.

Smitty- I have been pissy for about three days! I did take a valium for the lst two or three nights...I think it makes me even angrier. Not good since I was addicted to benzos at one point...so I left three (flushed the rest) cut them in half and will taper that a few days. NOT because i think i am already addicted to them but because it eases the desire to drink soooo very much. but I refuse to give up one addiction for another!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

D! I love your new avatar. It looked like me this morning from a crappy night's sleep!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Smile

Originally Posted by aug73 View Post
I think I mentioned that I told my husband that if he didn't get the alcohol out of the house I would be out of the house! he did and is thinking of stopping too!
It's amazing what a little persuasion can do! I told my husband the same thing - pick one - me or the booze. He picked wisely. He's also going to try to quit. There's hope out there yet!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

I liked it too, but I went with Ernie LWB

D
Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

oh boy, 5 days no drink, its Friday though ~ I usually do the most drinking Fri, & Sat - but I can say it hasnt crossed my mind yet - have a plan for tomorrow to keep busy - hopefully the urge if it arises wont get the best of me......!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I just want to share that I just spent 4 days in Vegas and stayed sober! I don't think I have experienced Vegas sober since I turned 21. I'm only one week sober too so I'm super proud of myself. Though I didn't post while in Vegas, I kept thinking about the forums and visited a few times on my phone to keep my sane. The one day I had an intense craving, I bought myself a vigin margarita aka lemonade slush and was good to go!

I'm so grateful for this site!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
Sarah..... you doing ok? Our former class is asking about you
Yes! I'm here. My computer has been out of order for 2 days now. It's back up and running so here I am. I'll have to take some time to catch up and check back with the old class.

I'm at day 12. Tonight I did ask my husband if I should go get some wine "just for tonight" but he stood firm and said no. Sometimes I wish I could enjoy the wine one night a week, but that just doesn't work for me. The addictive brain quickly kicks into gear and I drink a bottle most nights. Really thankful for my husband right now.

Looking forward to a hangover free Saturday. Happy weekend all!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

if I should go get some wine "just for tonight"
I'm glad your husband didn't give in to you.
I hope you'll be able to not even ask the question soon Sarah

D