Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 6

Old 07-12-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bimm View Post
Marine-Thinking of you this morning. I hope your visit to the cemetery brought you peace, comfort and remembrances of cherished memories.
Bimm
Ditto.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks. I did go this morning and it was very peaceful. I styed about an hour and i think it helped me to take a big step forward. Went out to dinner with a friend and I must admit on the way home I drove by my old bar spot. Didn't go in, but I sure thought about it. Drove around the block twice and then just said to myself "go home, go home, go home". And that is what I did. Ate a pint of ice cream, but hey, it wasn't Chardonnay!! I am feeling better than I was overall, thanks for all of the support everyone!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Ice cream sounds like a great way to end your day Marine. I am glad it was a peaceful morning.

I had a good day. I thought boutdrinking tonight while I was grilling chicken. Instead I made an iced tea and played fetch with the dogs. What a simple thing, but so joyful.

My chicken came out wonderful.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're feeling better Marine, and that you had a peaceful time and didn't drink. Ice cream is a great curer (Which is why I don't keep it in the house)

My boyfriend is in Ontario for a week, I'm here alone until Thursday when I fly out there to meet him for his brother's wedding. I was nervous at first about being alone for so long, but I know it's going to be alright. I just have to keep busy. Am going to focus on my running and being healthy, instead of being lonely and depressed.

I know we're all going to make it through the very triggery summer strong and sober. Go ninjas!

Is that your cat Dee? He looks so grumpy and cute!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

It was definitely a Friday the 13th. Thkngsat work were wacky.

Came home and the dogs had chewed through the spare bedroom door. There was wood everywhere and of course they were out and wagging their tails so happily when we got home. I guess the door is replaceable. No need to get angry. My old self would have drank over all of the days meyhem, but not the new me.

So glad its Friday and i am snug in my bed.

Hope you allarehaving a great night.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

nope - it was just a generic cat

D
Old 07-14-2012, 02:45 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Morning Ninjas,

Hanging with our cat, drinking coffee, and enjoying the silence of the house in the a.m. For whatever reason our cat this a.m. thinks I am just wonderful & I am agreeing with her... lol. . #simplethings

Glad to see we are all hanging in. Wishing everyone a happy & sober day today.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi Ninjas : )

Vantrina: sorry your friend is an idiot

Tres: ur dogs sound like fun!

Marine: you are so strong. I am so proud of you.

InPart: have fun at the wedding! I have def discovered I have more fun at weddings sober
: )

Bimm: u crack me up. I have friend who always says "good science behind it" when people offer to pray for such situations

Darren: congrats!!!

Left my hubby. We are not legally separated, just physically. I'm hoping he will come around and invest in making the changes needed for us to be together, but I'm also hiding our wedding photos inmy closet. My new place is nice, but this has been the move from hell. It isn't just the emotions, it is the car load by car load mostly by myself. It is something I need to do by myself. I should be completely done and set up by the end of the month. Got Internet yesterday. So I am plugging along.

I did a driveby our house at like 130 in the morning. I could hear him up partying with friend's in the back yard. Stinks. On one level I am hoping he will choose me over drinking, but so far it does not look good. I hear he's been having people over every night. On another level I hope he learns to respect me. I never knew who would come home: my fun-loving husband or someone who would rant and rave over a few dishes in the sink. I mean rant. He'd say things like "we don't have children because I keep a filthy house." Meanwhile, my home was cleaner than any of my friends . . . Blah. He needs help. I am beginning to think he has an anxiety disorder that he takes out on me, and self-medicates with booze which makes it worse. I couldn't stand the "I will work on my temper, on my own" line anymore. They say you can lead a horse to water but not make him drink; well, I led him to a therapist but couldn't make him listen. Dang, I really tried.

Poop, I am tearing up. I love him. I just can't be treated like that anymore. When I was drinking I'd do enough crap that I felt I deserved that treatment. But with 7 months sober in a row, and 11 months total in the past year, it has become evident that this is him, not me.

Oh yeah, 7 months. Yay! ; )

Hugs to all : )

- CF

Ps. I took both cats. He wanted to keep Banana, but I put my foot down and said "Monkey and Banana stay together." glad I did. Thank goodness we don't have kids . . .
Old 07-14-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Aw Catfry I'm so sorry you had to leave your husband....but I really respect the strength it took for you to do so. Your commitment to your sobriety is very admirable. It's sad that the man you love can't join you on your journey, but if being a stronger person means you need to be on your own, then it's for the best right now. Also it sounds like he's a bit of a jerk, you don't need that. If he's got problems he doesn't want to deal with then that can't be your problem, if it's preventing you from being happy. Congratulations for being strong enough to make the decision that's right for you, and will allow you to be happy and grow as a person. So many people would have stayed and been miserable. Good for you. And good for you for keeping the "kids" together. With names like monkey and banana, who could think of separating them! Stay strong!!! Don't forget you are being true to yourself and that is the most important thing. Oh yeah and congrats on seven months!

Tres, your dogs ATE A DOOR!? That is hilarious. (Sorry) Geez....and of course they're so happy to see you and don't know what they've done so it's hard to get mad.......

Vantrina glad you're enjoying the simple things.

How you doing Marine?

Bimm how did the operations go?

I'm off to the beach with my dad and my dog.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey Catfry, I am proud of you for taking care of your self. Sometimes I
I wish my husband lived somewhere else. He drinks quite a bit. He has cut back a lot since I quit. Sometimes it still gets on my nerves. Good for you. Hang in there, ,and enjoy the peace, and serenity.

IP, the beach sounds great with the dog. Yes, they chewed a hole
through the bedroom door, &crawled out. It was a mess.

Bimm,Marine, how are you guys?

Tried a new local restaurant tonight. Had a great piece of ahi tuna. Delish. Enjoyed my iced tea.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone,

Catfry, it takes courage to leave a bad situation, and you recognized one and left it. More power to you. Congratulations also on maintaining your sobriety throughout the entire thing.I agree, aren't things just simpler without, as I like to say "the cloud of alcohol" to distort and complicate things? Hang in and take it all "one day at a time." You go girl, you are doing it.

Tres, your dogs seem full of energy and love… When we had our dog he methodically chewed off the window sills in our family room one night while we were at a party down below….our windows are floor to ceiling, so all he had to do was sit there, look out the window, and chew away. I was so upset with him, but as usual, he looked at me with those huge sweet soulful brown eyes of his and I just melted and was all like, "…oh, whatever, they are only windowsills, as long as YOU are ok…" lol. Like so many of us, I have a soft spot for the animals.

Was out to dinner last night and the night before, noticed so many couples with wine or champagne at their tables and just had a pangs of regret and a quick rush of desire for a glass of red wine. Then I promptly forgot about it and enjoyed my dinner. lol. Drank water with lemon and enjoyed myself. One day at a time. No regrets here.

Bimm, Marine, Dee, hope you are all having a good day today.

Hugs all around, Ninjas.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Catfry-Nice job of maintaining your sobriety through this ordeal. Congrats on taking control and I hope it works out for the best.

I know it is not funny, but i had to chuckle about the hounds chewing through the door to make a "jail break".

The eye surgeries went well and no unanticipated complications. Back to the ophthalmologist later this week for a follow up and I hope to be able to shed the night time use of the eye shields....It looks like I have "fly eyes" and I may save them for part of my Halloween outfit. Distance vision is almost back to 20/20, but have to wear thick readers for a while. The doc says my close vision should improve over the next couple of months to the point that readers will only be needed for the tiniest print...we'll see.

Almost 7 months sober and I hardly ever think about having a drink...maybe once a week and that urge passes quickly. Guess I'm lucky? Did I mention that I'm enjoying the heck out of my sober lifestyle?
Old 07-15-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Today one of the dogs caught and injured a bird in the back yard. Something new everyday!

I am really out of sorts today. Our whole family is getting on each others nerves. Me especially..I am really crabby and everyone is driving me nuts. I think its boredom...to be honest. We all need to find something productive to do.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi All!

Bimm: glad surgery went well. I was praying for ya ; )

Tres: hang in there. Maybe take the dogs out when everyone is driving u crazy?

Thanks for all the support. Ihave been here two weeks and am trying to reinvest some time in myself: gym, healthier eating, etc. I was living off of cookie dough and root beer ; )

Take care everyone : )
Old 07-15-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Catfry, that's not a very health diet plan. lol...sounds good though.

It rained for thee hours. Then I took one of the dogs out for a trial jog. He always wants to walk really fast so I thought that I would give it a try. It well for the first time! He did great and I think I did too. I have never ran with a dog before. The jog chased my bad mood away.

Also made two chicken dishes for meals this week, so I feel good about that.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Tres, love the idea of running with a dog. Lucky you. Enjoy. (lol because our cat sleeps something like 23.75 hours per day, lol…lucky to even walk into the next room with her, lol. She's the best. ) Bet your dog is one happy canine after that run.

Eight months sober for me today.

Long weekend…off to the gym. Have a good & sober day Ninjas!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Vantrina

D
Old 07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Catfry - you are so strong and courageous. Kknow it will work out for the best.
Vantrina- congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Tres, IP - never a dull moment.
Bimm - you have me thinking about getting new glasses.
Sorry if I forgot to mention anyone else out there - sounds like everyone is doing good.
I am really busy at work these days and still dealing with the leg. I got another nasty email from the jerky friends so I blocked them from my email and also blocked them from texting, cell phone and FB. Such jerks!
Trying to stay cool - we are headed for another heat wave the next few days.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Glad to hear everyone is doing well (relatively speaking, of course). It's been a while since I checked in, but I am still sober (Nov. 30). I know that not everyone believes in a "higher power" but I do (I am a Christian), and I have been thinking alot lately about my relationship with this higher power over the last ten years. In the last few days it has really occurred to me that my choices over the last decade could have landed me in jail or a grave. Much like the man who killed Marine's friend in a hit and run, I chose to drive drunk. I chose to get in fights. And yet, I am still here. I am grateful everyday for my sobriety and try not to feel guilty about my past decisions even though it is easy to beat yourself up over those past decisions.

Anyways, just wanted to stop in and say hi.

Be well.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Marine

good to hear from you too cbcedd - glad all is well

D