Class Of November 2011 Pt 6

Old 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

no trouble keeping cool here Vantrina - it's winter LOL

D
Old 07-01-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Marine,I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. My thought and prayers go out to you. Its a tragedy that things like that happen. So stupid of the driver.

Did they make an arrest? A tragedy also in the lives of everyone involved. I hate drinking. What did we think was so cool about it anyway?

Relaxing day here. Took a nice afternoon nap. Too hot to be out unless you are in the pool. The best is to get in the pool, then go sit on the dock in the shade...nice breeze.

The dogs were so tired today they could hardly play.

Grilled a killer steak tonight and did not think once about red wine!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The driver was caught in a parking lot a short time later trying to remove my friends bike fom underneath his car. He is in jail and will be charged with DUI, vehicular homicide, leaving the scene of an accident, among other things. So sad. Why does bad stuff happen to the good guys (friend, my husband, etc). I just dont know what to think sometimes.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Marine,

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your friend. What a sad situation. Sometimes there are just no answers to why things happen the way they do. I don't understand it myself. Hugs all around.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The driver got a DUI three weeks ago and was still on the road. Just found out. Grrrrr....
Old 07-03-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Can't believe I am in a 2011 thread. I got 230 days and doing well.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Ninjas,

Congrats on 230 days Jeb!

Have the day off today; hanging, swimming, and getting ready to grill in a bit. Simple, simple, simple.

Tres, glad you are feeling better. Hope you continue to do so.

New favorite summer drink: Pour chilled Pellegrino in your favorite glass. Add slices of strawberries. Delicious & festive. If you add a blueberry or two to this concoction tomorrow, you will have a patriotic beverage going on….lol.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Awesome Jeb.

Vantrina, that drink sound refreshing!

Marine, Holy crap...the guy had a DUI three weeks ago....sad...

Just got home from the annual 4th party. Great fireworks. Diet coke for me and did not feel social. Went because my daughter enjoys it...lots of kids. Hubby stayed home with the dogs cuz we weren't sure how they would be alone with fireworks going off. He's not home. Took the boat to the neighbors for drinking...I guess he wasn't to worried about the dogs because he took them and there are fireworks going off all over.

So, I am enjoying the quiet. Off to bed.

What's everyone doing for the 4th?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sorry about your loss Marine, and what terrible circumstances. How are you?

Had a nice weekend staying with my aunt and her family, lots of laughs. In the past there would have been tons of booze too but it was pretty low key this time. Was nice. Didn't make a fool of myself or say anything stupid, which I am pretty much known for by now, in my family. She was really cool and supportive when I told her I quit drinking. There is a lot of alcoholism in my family, so she wasn't really that surprised.

Today was pretty blah. Kind of a letdown being back in the rain, after being in the beautiful valley. Didn't do too much. I guess I'm kind of depressed again. Not thinking about drinking though which is nice.

Tomorrow I'm going to shake myself out of it. After a good night's sleep.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Happy Fourth of July Ninjas,

Going for a swim, going to grill, and going to enjoy the down time today. Pelligrino is in the house so I am good to go.

Last Fourth of July I was drunk. The entire week leading up the the Fourth last year I was drunk. This Fourth of July I have over seven months of sobriety and despite whatever issues I have going on right now, everything in my life is easier simply because there is no alcohol involved to cloud and complicate everything. This alone is reason to celebrate today.

Tres, how did the dogs make out?
Marine, how are you doing?

Have a good and sober Fourth Ninjas.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, the dogs did great. They don't seem bothered by the noise of the fireworks at all. What a blessing.

We are just relaxing, grilling some burgers, and jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. Also made a new guacamole with pineapple and black beans.

Have a great day.

I was drunk too last year for the holiday. So nice to feel good and it will be great to have no hangover in the morning!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Canada Day was on sunday. Last year, I was pissed drunk on a patio and missed the fireworks. Ruined the day for my poor boyfriend, who wanted to watch them.

This year, me, him and my best friend rode our bikes to the beach to watch them over the lake. Was a lovely, fun, summery evening. What a difference.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Eight months, ya'll!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Right on Tres, way to hang in there! You're doing awesome btw. I've really enjoyed getting to "know" you over these last eight months You are a positive and inspiring person.

Congrats!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tres View Post
Eight months, ya'll!
Congratulations Tres! Eight months!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Congrats Tres on the eight month mark. I think we all rock!!

Our three week whirlwind of various and assorted house guests is now over and I can get my life back. Oh wait, I forgot about the eye surgery thingies next week....getting old sux.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Tres

sorry for my absence guys - bad back...

D
Old 07-06-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I appreciate all of you guys!

We do rock.

Tonight feeling a liitle blue about not drinking. Seriously?? What's up with that? Sort of feels like the first few months of Friday nights. Hubby drinking since he got home, doesn't eat with the family...just drinks. He says he will eat before bed. I remember I did the same thing...eating would kill the buzz, ya know? A part of me is just sad that we don't have a normal family...I guess no one does and I just need to accept it and leave it in Gods hands.

Planning on going to a women's meeting in the morning and also exercising. That should help my crabbiness.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi - good job on staying sober through out the holiday everyone. My leg is killing me so I haven't been doing much of anything except coming home and lying on the sofa and reading or watching movies. I am definitely overdoing it, but don't have a lot of choice in the matter. The rest of my leg hurts from not using it and being so stiff. Go back to doc in two weeks. Next week is two year anniversary of my husbands accident so getting a little anxiety here. It still seems like yesterday. Bye for now.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay strong everyone

D