http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2012-a-21.html

D
Old 06-24-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Better post to bump for myself.

Good morning. Day 16.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Been lurking for awhile, since I hit rock bottom 2 weeks ago, and have not drank since. Im trying to deal with the issues that spur me to drink, instead of numbing myself to them. Plus, I'm going back to college this fall(at age 27-better late than never!) and 2 beautiful sons and an amazing boyfriend who deserve to have me fully present and aware. I'd like to join in if possible, and congrats to everyone who is changing their lives for the better!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR and to the group Amy

D
Old 06-24-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, Amy.

Glad to hear you're back on the path, Jim. Your gf probably doesn't get it unless she's an addict, too...that's why you need the support of fellow alkies like us.

Everyone hang in there!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow onto part 2 already....Day 16 for me tomorrow...
Old 06-24-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies. I am planning on going to the Dr. tomorrow. I have considered going to the ER tonight. I was wondering if anyone took L-glutamine, Kudzu Root, Milk Thistle, or St. Johns Wort as non prescription remedies and if they helped at all.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 18 here, feeling good, working out and on a diet. I think I might be developing a chocolate problem, though. Problem is, I don't have any chocolate!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, DOH!!! WELCOME BACK JIM! Apparently I was so preoccupied with getting my response written, I didn't see that you were back and safely tucked in with us all once again. Whew...:ghug3
Old 06-24-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't want to bang on too much bzcincy - but it's best to ask your Dr about supplements - whats worked for someone else here may not work or may not be suitable for someone else, y'know?

D
Old 06-24-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Day 24. My wife has left for her parents with the kids. Without drinking, I should be able to get a few things done around the house.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Two weeks today! Others have mentioned this already and I have to agree; it's amazing that we continue to crave and have relapses when staying sober feels so good. After two weeks I'm sleeping better, working out, and everyday starts out great with no hangover. We must stay on guard, the cravings will hit hard when we let down.

Tomorrow I'm headed out of town on business and may not be able to check in this week. I'll try from the hotel, if not, I wish everyone a safe and sober week. This group has some great folks with positive attitudes. Everyone just try's to lift up each other to get through the day without a drink.

Interesting note, and maybe others who travel can relate. In the past if I was headed out of town on business I would try to get in early before others from my company arrived and find the nearest liquor store. I would buy a big 1.5 liter of whiskey or bourbon and sneak it back to my room. I would then be set for the week without anyone else in my company knowing how much I actually drink. At the end of the day, I would eat out with the others and after dinner head back to my room and polish off a few more drinks. Not this week, sober all the way!!

Everyone take care and please stay strong and positive. I know only good things can come out of being sober. Let's get used to living again.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning everybody

Friday was my last day 3 and I slipped up and had that bottle of wine. I'm feeling quite confident today though - it's all subconscious, there is none of that 'Friday feeling' that causes the AV to pipe up when it's not needed. I've spent my morning phoning everybody from car insurance to my landlord to explain that I am part of the RBS banking glitch here in the UK and none of the money due to me in the last 6 days has gone into my account so I can't pay you... sorry! I actually now only have about £8 to my name and there is NO WAY that will be going on drink. Royal Bank of Scotland - enforcing sobriety - who'd have thought it!

Have a great day everybody
Old 06-25-2012, 04:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Happy Monday

Morning, everyone, happy Monday! Isn't it easier to stay sober during the workweek? I no longer dread Mondays it's the weekend approaching that makes me anxious. Yesterday was difficult, I was at loose ends, had a lot of free-floating anxiety that I didn't know how to deal with. Sat with it, recognized it, realized it didn't need to be fed or watered (with alcohol) and made it through the afternoon. Then the evening arrived with a change of venue and more anxiety. Well, I attacked some weeds poor things, never knew what hit them.
And now it's back to the old grind. Phew! Take care all!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 16 for me and so far so good....Hope my classmates are all good...Will check back in later.....
Old 06-25-2012, 05:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NellieM View Post
Isn't it easier to stay sober during the workweek? I no longer dread Mondays
Monday has always been hands down the easiest day for me. If I could bottle how I feel on a Monday I'd never have cravings.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Happy monday, day 2
Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ugh. Day 1 again. I did not make it through the weekend, after my slip on Friday, I continued drinking. Drank Sat night, not to excess, but last night, oh my, I went over the edge. Feel like crap today.
Not going to give up, though. I see how well you guys are doing and I want the same. I want this cycle to be at the end. I'm going to re read rational recovery, bought it a few months back but didn't give it an honest try.
I wasn't going to come back and post, but realized if I don't, I'm passing up on the support I get from this forum. Here's to a sober future for all of us.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Keep posting Sam. You need the support. Your weekend sounds typical of why I can't drink anymore. I know it isn't about a one night stand with booze. It starts with one day. Then it is a weekend. Then a week..... Even after my 24 days, one drink I know will send me right back into that cycle. I may be able to pull myself out of it again, but I know I'll start that cycle once I have that one drink. Let us know of your progress.

I wasn't a traveler GSP, but I know all about going to a liquor store to build up my reserves for the week. Sort of like a security blanket. I hope your trip goes well for you.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Monday! Another sober day... yay! I love posting that.

Guess what! My husband didn't drink last night and was an absolute DELIGHT to be around! We LAUGHED, really laughed and acted dumb and danced. It was amazing, I hope there are more days like that to come. He still has said nothing and has not asked any questions about my sobriety, but I don't care, I'm leading by example.

Welcome to amy and all other new people. This is the class to be in, we can do it!