Notices

Class of June 2012 Part 2

Old 06-26-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oinobares View Post
MyTimeNow,

yes i am pretty diligent with vitamins, even when I was drinking, to minimize various deficiencies and withdrawal. B complex, magnesium, milk thistle. Fish oil. I also take the psyllium fiber (not for GI issues, but for overall health,blood stuff). I don't feel too fatigued, just listless. Like I am waiting for something to happen. I gather the lack of concentration is pretty normal in these early days.

Thanks!!
No problem, sorry can't be more help. I only hope I can get to day 18!

Well... managed to avoid buying wine, which was a good job as after the tantrum my DD has just had I swear I would have been on a bender. She's asleep now - pretty much home, tantrum and straight to bed.

I'm going to spend some time with my new favourite addiction - Mah Jongg in the arcade then head off for yet another early night with book.

Congrats on your positive day 17 Steve and your food consumption I've still eaten too much today, but I got an hours walking in to and from park which is better than nothing. Anyway rambling on... I'm tired!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
062412forever

I'm in June 2012

Joining the June class. Too many years have passed trying to manage this disease and finally going to commit to full time sobriety. It's daunting!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Today's the day...Day 1! Tired of trying to do this by myself. I'm so grateful you all are here.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Welcome 62412forever and rebirthday :ghug3 it's great here
Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Welcome guys! We are here for you! :0). I keep saying, this is the class to be in... I have a good feeling lol.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Originally Posted by 62412forever View Post
Joining the June class. Too many years have passed trying to manage this disease and finally going to commit to full time sobriety. It's daunting!
Welcome!! So glad to have you in our June class!!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Originally Posted by rebirthday View Post
Today's the day...Day 1! Tired of trying to do this by myself. I'm so grateful you all are here.
Welcome!! We are glad to have you!!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
clinging to success

Ready to join this group! I was in one of these classes last year, but didn't hang around. It was a good year for me (life wise), but was sprinkled with drinking bouts lasting days or weeks. I am in the process of changing jobs, and the 'stress' of deciding which new job to take (woe is me..) seems to have been a good excuse for me to pick up again. I have also noticed over the past 6-8 mos that alcohol isn't giving me the results I have always seemed to love, it just makes me feel like the walking dead the next day.

Planning to do some things differently this time around. I have admitted my alcoholism to my close group of friends and my girlfriend, and they have all been incredibly supportive. Also discovered AVRT and have been doing lots of reading (Rational Recovery and first year sobriety books mainly).

Great to see everyone else posting in this thread! I will be back daily.

OB
Old 06-26-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you and good luck!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
clinging to success

Thanks and nice to meet you too!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Welcome to OB and the other June new classmates! This group rocks!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oinobares View Post
Welcome to OB and the other June new classmates! This group rocks!
I 100% agree.... anyone have an update on their day? I have been reading on here more than working today! Gosh.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Well, my daughter only had camp this AM, so she has been home with me all day. Had a conference call for some work. My main "work" involves a heavy amount of writing and reading and I have been totally unable to concentrate or motivate enough to do that--which is depressing. I wish I didn't have to be thinking about alcohol and/or recovery like *all* day long. This is what I meant in a previous post about feeling oppressed by it. Spoke with someone who may replace my temporary sponsor. Meeting him tomorrow. Going to a meeting tonight. Snacking too much. Not exercising enough. This one day at a time stuff leaves me as if in a holding pattern. I want forward momentum again. My day seems very mechanical--going through the motions. Day 18 and sober though. So I am grateful for that. And I am grateful for all of you here!

Have a great day!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new folks,man this group is getting bigger,which is only a good thing...End of Day 17 for me as i'm off to bed very soon...Took my son to his karate class and i sat there waiting for him drinking coke and chomping down on crisps and sweets....17 days ago i would have sat there and drank beer and smoked an endless amount of cigarettes.....Like i said welcome to all the newbies and i'll check back in tomorrow....Keep rockin on class....Steve...
Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome 62412forever, rebirthday & OutwardBound

D
Old 06-26-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Just checking in-bad day here. One for the record books. More than anything I want to be a good mother to my kids and today was one of those days where I constantly felt like I was being tested and not handling things as well as I ought to.

BUT-I didn't drink, and wasn't even really tempted to (RELIEF for that). As hard as today was I know that would only have made things 100x worse. Feels like a very different mind set from my last couple of attempts at this. Hopefully something's finally clicked.

Hope you are all having a better day and hanging in there. It really does strengthen my resolve (or whatever it is) to check in here and feel connected to you guys.

xx
Old 06-26-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

AND welcome to the new guys-you'll find a lot of support here, glad to have you!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Day 26 in the books with wife and kids away the last 2.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hey mm, great job! You weathered the storm and didn't pick up a drink. That's a good day I think, despite the bumpy road.

Keep going strong!

Just back from an 8 PM meeting myself. I actually hung around outside chatting with people rather than vanishing into the night. Really good stuff.

My best to all, and welcome to the others joining us!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Just back from yet another doctor, my wife says I'm doctor-shopping. But I was in a really great mood driving back. Six weeks today I'll be on my way back to the UK for the first time in years and I feel it getting closer.

One thing that is helping my stay sober is that I know "back home" I won't have the chance to exercise and I'll probably eat all the stuff I can't get here (I'm thinking black pudding, slice or square sausage and a really decent Indian). Went to the gym before the doctor and after my workout I weighed just under 77kg. I'm happy with that as I'm normally about 80kg. Just shows what no alcohol and a clean diet can do. Mentally I'm spot on to. Sleeping well, no anxiety and have bundles of energy. Why oh why would any sane person want to risk all this for alcohol?

Day 18 and it's a good one.

Welcome to all the new menbers.