Notices

Class of June 2012 Part 2

Old 08-01-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Stevie- forgot you, you're doing great and getting close to that month.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations gsp

and good luck Duane - I'm an old Church musician myself - you'll be fine

D
Old 08-02-2012, 12:58 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Day 27 just starting....Just want to get through today as it was day 27 when i had my slip last time round...I know we should take it one day at a time but i really want to get a month under my belt,its like the days are slowing down as the month mark gets closer...The wife is back today with my 6 month old,the other 2 rugrats are staying at their grandma's for another week,so even though my peace is shattered its not too bad for another week.....Still having stomach issues so maybe another trip to the quacks is on the cards....No gym today as i trained yesterday...Think i'll pick the wife up and then just have a lazy day for a change....Hope everyone else is rocking on in our tiny group....Take care all.....Steve....
Old 08-02-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

you'll be right Stevie - have a good day

D
Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Day 27 nearly done...So glad i have got through today...Really looking forward to crossing the month mark now....Hope everyone else is ok...Take care....Steve...
Old 08-02-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Originally Posted by gsp0050 View Post
Hey all,

I'm here and still hanging in. I was away because I became a Grandpa on Monday afternoon. A baby boy. He's a major reason I'm here and a great inspiration to keep going. He doesn't need a grandpa that gets hammered every afternoon. I want to be active and around for him.

Duane, you're going to do great this Sunday.
Congratulations Britt
Glad to see you're back MM222

My 60th is August 10th so I'm getting close.
Congrats onthe grandson!! That's a wonderful thing! You will be sober and enjoy him SOO much!!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Day 61! Had a nice day yesterday. Went out and got dinner and ice cream after a nice 4 mile run.

Hope everyone is doing good!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Thanks Britt,

I'm starting on the running gig myself. There's only a few of us left but we are all doing great and going strong.

I will admit the irony of getting sober is feeling good, but sometimes that good feeling translates to a bad craving. For example, after work on a Friday I feel great and mentally positive; however, when I get home the craving hits associating that good mental feeling with having a drink. Like a party with everyone around having a great time, you feel good and want to have a drink.

I know this is just the trickery of alcohol. It has latched on to so many associations, both feeling good or feeling bad. You want a drink when your stressed; after a long work day; when everyone is having fun and you're feeling good; or when your down and feeling depressed. It's like the alcohol is so deceiving and wants to get back into you. Even the last few days, after almost two months, the alcohol voice starts telling me that I don't have a drinking problem because I can go two months without a drink. Also, I could now control it and just have a few drinks on the weekend. I know it's a big lie, I've been down this road and when I drink, I drink to get really drunk. That one day will soon return to getting drunk everyday.

If I'm going too long here, it's only because I'm venting to myself. You guys know what I mean. I write it out and it gives me strength.

Thanks for letting me give the Friday rant. It will keep me sober tonight.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Day 28 nearly done,didnt check in this morning as i was flat out busy....Had a great session at the gym and i have eaten well....I'm gonna have to see the docs on monday as my stomach issues still havent gone away,i can eat and drink fine but im constantly feeling like i'm gonna be sick...Just had a huge pizza and now i'm stuffed...Gonna hit the sack soon as i'm bushed....Hope everyone else is ok...Take care....Steve...
Old 08-03-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Hi All! Glad everyone seems to be doing fine. Sorry to hear about your stomach Steve. Hopefully the lack of drinking will eventually heal the problem. Best to get it checked out though. Sorry I missed the part about you becoming a grandfather GSP. Congratulations! Also, my AV has been trying new tactics to get me drinking again. Nothing major. Just hate the game it is playing. Yesterday it kept telling me a night drinking would be fine. No need to tell anyone or start over on my sobriety count..... I have a busy weekend ahead. Pool party from a neighbor's daughter's graduation. Band practice again on Saturday. My first Church performance Sunday morning. I've also been working out. Ran 3 miles last 3 nights in a row. Tonight is a weight lifting night. All in all, I am very busy. Probably a good thing. Have a sober weekend! Day 64.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Stevie I hope the stomach feels better. You're doing great on the workouts.
Duane- have fun on Sunday, you're going to do great. Staying sober and serving the Lord with music should make you feel wonderful. Throw in a 3 mile run and you should be on top of the world. Stay tuned for the AV voice and realize it's just evil. I'm in the same boat, just when I'm feeling great it comes at me.
Britt- enjoy your runs this weekend and stay strong. Over two months is terrific, keep up the good work.

Everyone stay sober and have a good weekend.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:56 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Day 29 just starting here,feel very sore from my workout yesterday but it feels good...Off out shopping today with the wife,well she can shop i'll spend all day eating...No gym today but looking forward to tomorrows session already...Still got a bad stomach and its showing no signs of easing up....Hope everyone has a good,sober weekend....Take care....Steve....
Old 08-03-2012, 11:58 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope your stomach feels better soon Stevie...

have a great weekend everyone - enjoy the gig Duane

D
Old 08-04-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hello!! I haven't been on here for a bit. I'm not sure what day I'm on now which is funny because counting days was really my thing!

I've really gotten into organic food which makes not drinking all that much easier. The urge does pop up every now and then but now I truly believe that crap is poison. Cancer in a bottle!

I have a new addiction Pinterest. I'm a total DIYer now. Currently, I'm looking into putting up a stone backsplash in my kitchen. I'm sure there are times my husband wishes I'd start drinking again since he's more of a hire someone to do it person. He'll thank me when we go to sell this place

Just wanted to jump in and say
Old 08-04-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Over 2 mo now and rarely think about it. I've not been on here a lot. Like mm222, on my phone and not much of a "smartphone". Big congrats on thr grandson, gsp. Duane and Britt both srem to be doing great. Gahhh, running in humidity?! I'd flat pass out, Britt. Stevie, youre doing so well - keep it up and hope those stomach issues are solved very soon. And thanks to Dee, always here to encourage. Thinking of you all and wishing you a super weekend! (if I left someone out, my apologies. on this phone if I tried to look back at posts at this point, I'd lose the whole post and have to start over.)
Old 08-04-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Day 29 nearly done,roll on tomorrow and my first milestone of 30 days....I'm so happy that i have made it this far but i will be even happier come monday and it will officially be a month...I just want to say thanks to you guys for all the encouragment and especially to Dee who gives fantastic advice and encourages just about everyone on this entire forum...I hope everyone else is doing good....Take care....Steve....
Old 08-04-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Yay stevie!! And peaceful rain, I have that organic/diy/pinterest bug, too.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the good words guys

time to start part 3 here I think

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D