Notices

Class of June 2012 Part 2

Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Day 23 for me! Looking forward to starting my half marathon training again soon and get back to being active! Great job everyone!!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by duane1 View Post
Keep posting Sam. You need the support. Your weekend sounds typical of why I can't drink anymore. I know it isn't about a one night stand with booze. It starts with one day. Then it is a weekend. Then a week..... Even after my 24 days, one drink I know will send me right back into that cycle. I may be able to pull myself out of it again, but I know I'll start that cycle once I have that one drink. Let us know of your progress.

I wasn't a traveler GSP, but I know all about going to a liquor store to build up my reserves for the week. Sort of like a security blanket. I hope your trip goes well for you.
You are EXACTLY right! Spot on with the cycle comments.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happy Monday All! I'm at day 17 now, today feeling a bit oppressed by "Project: Sobriety." I realize this is a life changer so it will seem a ton of work, but doing 90 in 90, reading/posting here throughout the day, and then just managing to get my kids to summer camps and other trivial chores, means I'm not getting any of my work done. I guess if I were in rehab I wouldn't be getting my work done either. Meeting with my sponsor this week to get down to brass tacks. I'm not drinking though, and if I were there would be none of the above happening anyhow. Just wanted to vent.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good job oin! Keep it up :0).
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to all the new comers.:ghug3

Thanks everyone for your support, back on track now with a renewed mind set. Maybe I needed to slip and humiliate myself to realise I am an Alcoholic and just one drink leads to utter chaos.

On Saturday apparently I passed out on the lounge floor, pee'd my pants and threw up. Great! What an attractive sight that must be. :-(

I've decided to throw myself into work at weekends to beat the weekend AV giving me hell. The weeks ok as I have my job but I've wanted to start my own business for a few years now, I have managed to pick up some private jobs to keep me busy for a while.

Day 2, alls well, very positive about the future.

Thanks again Jim x
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jim--although it's tough to think about the situation you were in on Saturday, just remember that you're doing something about it.
Glad you're feeling positive!

onibares-I know what you mean about project sobriety being all emcompassing. I get frustrated at times, and think it's too much work. Obviously, since I've only ever managed to string together short bursts of sober days, I'm no expert, but I do think it will get easier with time. Hang in there.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Three quarters through Day 16 here and i'm still going good...Have done nothing but eat again today and im loving it....I have a good gym routine again and im desperatley trying to get some weight back onto my puny frame...I'm eating everything in site and im also drinking a pint of full fat creamy milk a day....In 16 days i have put on 12 pounds so im getting there slowley....Hope all my classmates are doing good....Take care all....Steve...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great Steve, good for you, glad its all going well mate.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Checking in after another GREAT sober weekend. What makes me feel so positive about is I had perfect opportunity to drink but did NOT. Husband and kids are out of town... in the old days I would have picked up as much wine as I could carry and then just sat around drinking alone all weekend in front of the TV or computer. HA! Doesn't that sound fun... good grief, I am so so so glad I spent the days outdoors, gardening, playing with the dogs, getting a nice tan, going for a drive through the mountains, treating myself to a cupcake and reading.

Hope everyone is enjoying their new freedom.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ohhh... drinking with only the computer for company - I've spent too many years doing that! I'm not sure how I ever thought it was fun to be up at 2am watching rubbish music videos on YouTube and posting absolute nonsense on Facebook. Oh dear.

Well, I think I can safely say I have made it through day 3!!! I'm really pleased about that after Friday. Looking forward to day 4 tomorrow

I can't stop eating though! I am mooching about like my teenage son does when he's on the prowl for a snack. I started off healthy enough, made a nice chicken salad with a home made dressing. A little bit of ice cream for pudding, and since then (2 hours) I've eaten a huge bowl of shreddies and a cheese toastie - I'm going to bed before I can cram anything else in! Sadly unlike Stevie I have nearly 3 stone to lose so I can't be doing this for much longer.

Congratulations everybody on their respective days and those that have joined or rejoined

Jim, I can kind of see now why your GF might have been a tad pee'd off with you Glad you're back and feeling positive.

Have a great night/day everybody!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Originally Posted by SamanthaIam View Post
Checking in after another GREAT sober weekend. What makes me feel so positive about is I had perfect opportunity to drink but did NOT. Husband and kids are out of town... in the old days I would have picked up as much wine as I could carry and then just sat around drinking alone all weekend in front of the TV or computer.
My wife and kids are away for 2 weeks starting yesterday. I would have done the same exact thing in the past.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Me too MTN, as always I was worse than I thought.

She has cooled down now and we are working it out. Last night I got her to check out SR I think she was suprised by the sense of community here.

As for munchies, I cant stop either and I'm already 17 stone haha. Now where did I leave that Cous Cous haha.

x
Old 06-25-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

That's great that you are working it out and she has some understanding of what you are trying to achieve and the posting on here.

The cous cous? Hmmm well, I know where mine is, it is right at the very back of the cupboard where it has sat for at least 2 years untouched by human hands! I'm not a big fan

Righty ho, early night with book for me.

Catch you all tomorrow
Old 06-25-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

better late than never lol

Originally Posted by Amy61707 View Post
Been lurking for awhile, since I hit rock bottom 2 weeks ago, and have not drank since. Im trying to deal with the issues that spur me to drink, instead of numbing myself to them. Plus, I'm going back to college this fall(at age 27-better late than never!) and 2 beautiful sons and an amazing boyfriend who deserve to have me fully present and aware. I'd like to join in if possible, and congrats to everyone who is changing their lives for the better!
i just am in my third year of collage and am 34 so dont feel bad once you get through the prereqs its all fun from threre but math is a bitch lol i hope you like algebra! but good for you for making it two weeks without any help from here i got on here on day one and now is day four and i still come here everyday for some extra support. never quit coming here even if its the middle of the night someone is always on to talk to. and keep up the good work the hard part is almost completely in the past.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

sam glad to hear your still on the sober train

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Jim--although it's tough to think about the situation you were in on Saturday, just remember that you're doing something about it.
Glad you're feeling positive!

onibares-I know what you mean about project sobriety being all emcompassing. I get frustrated at times, and think it's too much work. Obviously, since I've only ever managed to string together short bursts of sober days, I'm no expert, but I do think it will get easier with time. Hang in there.
i know the last time we talked you was having some hard times but it seems like you have gotten over some of them and are now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel congrats im on day 5 i beleive but i cant really remember cause all my days are all blending together lol but it could be worse
Old 06-25-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

@ MyTimeNow--what are shreddies and cheese toasties?

Cheese toasties sound kinda yummy :-)
Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I made it 14 days and am feeling pretty good today!
This weekend I had some pretty bad moods but I made it through without drinking. I haven't done that in a long time. I am also eating everything in sight, and am getting a bit worried about weight gain. I just keep craving milk and ice cream and sugary stuff.
Good job to everyone else for hanging in there. Even if you had to "start over", each day sober is better than a day drunk.

Tara
Old 06-25-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

each day sober is better than a day drunk.

Just remember this every day and all day as long as you have to.

I just remember that I don't drink anymore, that's that!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Ok... I've been pretty down on myself. Can't seem to get a handle on anything this time. Want to... at least until I get off work. It's so stupid - but something has to click soon. I'm so totally not who I want to be.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey duane, hope you'll check in here often while the family is away. You are going to be so proud of yourself for staying sober. And I bet you'll get a lot of things done and enjoy some of the things YOU want to do during this time.