# 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just go...dazzle them Manz
have a good time!

D
Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
instant

Have a good time Manz. I have found there is a need for a wardrobe makeover. The old track pants with the elastic waist and a food stained sweater is not a good look when I am out.

Before I went away recently I hemmed a few pairs of new pants that had been sitting in my wardrobe for years.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Evening Overs,

Manz have fun and come back and write about how it was? After all I have to live vicariously through someone:rotfxko

Have a great weekend all.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Morning overs!

How was the show Manz? Hope you had fun.

Up early to run with my crew, then breakfast to map out our training schedules for the fall.

Friends are coming in from London this afternoon and I'll pick them up at the airport. Yay!

It rained pretty much all day yesterday, desperately needed and welcomed.

Had a really introspective day yesterday. Felt feelings of depression that have been gone for MONTHS. It's related to my cycle. I took extra medicine as my doctor has prescribed but it didn't break the feeling.

Decided I'm going to clean up my diet some more and see if that makes a positive difference. Certainly can't hurt. (I eat well but there is, um, quite a bit o sugar and chocolate involved.)

I'm feeling myself this morning, and feeling very grateful.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by instant View Post
I'm getting more miles to the gallon from sobriety than I ever did from booze. There was even a cash back offer that pays indefinitely!! Here's to a good weekend.
Very well said.
For me not drinking is equivalent to having a principle of $100K yielding 3%. In addition, the quality of life improvement and time saved from either not being wasted or recovering from being wasted has been significant. Why did we ever far into the alcohol's trap?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
instant

Sitting in my sunroom with the windows open on a glorious Sunday morning. Slept in till 10am. I noticed whilst I was slumbering a greater space and depth and sense of peace than I have felt for years.

This is the life. I too occasionally ask "why" and "how" , but I know I chased the buzz for way too long. At that level it's quite simple. Addiction is complex. I am glad we are all here. The past is over.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:57 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Evening Overs,

It is really bizarre to me the time zones cause its morning where you are instant but its almost midnight where I am on the West Coast.

No word from Manz maybe there was to much fun happening?:rotfxko One can only hope right?

Sweet dreams and good day to those that are up.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:21 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
instant

Newby I guess we must be poles apart. My recent travel made me more acquainted with time zone differences, although the weather in the UK was quite similar to the winter we are having here. It gets dark here at about 5.30pm still.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:45 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Morning overs!

It's a beautiful day here today. I'm going for a short run and then will spend the day celebrating at a lake cabin with friends who are here from London. Lots of kids, great food, wonderful friends, and my little dog will get to swim and play fetch all day.

I have some heartache in my family-of-origin life, so it's a real contrast to the joy I am feeling with my family-of-choice.

Last night friends were drinking red wine, then liquor, then champagne. I was thinking, "Whoa. Their heads are going to HURT in the morning."
Old 07-22-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good afternoon overs!
I could connect to click "thanks" for two days but a buddy of mine is in the hospital with back surgery so did not have time to try and reply with my tablet's virtual keyboard. That plus my Internet provider was out Saturday with only intermittent connections so I gave up.

Manz, I do hope you had a great time and made it back OK!

Frances, My Subaru Forrester is older (2003) but does not show its 96k miles in performance/appearance inside or out The carpeting on the driver's side is a bit thin from vacuuming but looks new. Only I notice that soon from all my scrubbing it will have only backing showing. But yes they are the heat for handling and room in a compact. And no other 4WD in 4WD mode, or AWD gets better mileage. With me driving (lead foot,) it gets 24-25 MPG. When my wife drives it it gets 29. That is local driving. It is perfect for the two pups in the back to get in and out of, and since one sheds constantly and a lot it beats having to vacuum seat material and carpets as it has the rubber floor mat. It runs over grass and places like pipelines and gravelly climbs better than any other I have owned. So how well do I like it? Enough to get new front carpet and noise deadening material installed, and the door gaskets on the passenger side replaced to make it perfect again.

Everybody, I already have a 2002 Dodge diesel 3/4 ton long bed quad cab truck for hauling things and towing trailers, and the car the Rio replaced was the diesel Beetle which is a hatchback as well. I just got through painting the truck's roof and hood and changing the old chrome over plastic grill for a black one that will not wear visibly. It has 404,000 miles on it and is like new as well, except for the paint on the roof and hood fading. That 22.5 foot long heavy hauling truck gets 17 in town and over 21 mpg on the highway with no big load just passengers and maybe a refrigerator. Hauling a 14k pound fifth wheel trailer it only gets 11 mpg. But even little gas trucks don't really do that well on fuel so I keep it. A friend did the paint and body for 700 including parts/labor. So my like new drive-train and interior truck, now looks like new again outside too, as opposed to spending $40k on a new one. Besides all my vehicles are paid for when bought. My new Kia was used and repo'd and had right at 1900 miles on it when we bought it "used" and in literally showroom condition inside and out. That bank paid the depreciation not me.

I detest the decals on the sides of our Rio and will have them removed next week. So the daily driver for the wife doesn't need to be a hatch, but in this new model the five door was just better in design and ergonomics.

Sorry for the long post just catching up.

Frances, I do hope your origins story has a happy ending for you sometime.

Instant, amen bud!

Newby, we traveled by RV for seven years fulltime doing the US time zones and lived in Germany/Europe for seven years earlier while active duty AF. I just realized that the times are strangely the same. Seven year itch for Itchy?

Now I gotta go catch up on two other threads kind of by reading and saying Hi.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2002 Dodge Truck (Mobile).jpg (57.8 KB, 74 views)
Old 07-23-2012, 01:57 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Laughter and friends really are good medicine! I do not think I have laughed so much for such a prolonged period for a very llong time. Oh man we have some most excellent comedians here.

Then I was dragged out to the 80's party. Man oh man, drunks are just annoying! And watching girls/women getting totally messed up reminded me why I am glad I am sober. The people that I was with know I dont drink, and why, and also knew that i was a little nervous to be going out to a bar on a saturday night for the first time in ages...........their jaws dropped when I walked in and was greeted by hugs from a cute man, then from other folks. I never drank with these people....ever! Just made me realise that I have made quite a few aquaintances/friends recently. Also I had such a great time and my friends wandered what I must have been like when drinking.......my response.....early on I was AWESOME and the life & soul of the party, then I just wasnt!

I danced the night away to an awesome live band!I was the last of our group to leave along with one old friend who was on a bender, because I did not want to leave her as I know where it may have ended. drove her home and as us drunks do when we are the only one drinking ....she tried to convince me that next time I might want to leave the car at home and just have one or 2. Sigh. I wont, but I do wish she could find her way out.

Hmmm.... I am rambling! I went out, I didnt drink, I had fun........I am surprised and pleased.

Have a great week everyone.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
instant

Today I had several different periods of experiencing myself differently when working with work colleagues. it's subtle stuff, but it is tangible. I can also recognise where the other person is at a lot easier.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Great insights, Instant. Those subtle things were unknowable to me when I was drinking. Sober, there are a lot more colors and possibilities in the world.

YAY MANZ. YAY YAY YAY MANZ. So glad you danced the night away and were able to care for your friend.

Itchy, I love that you love your Forrester. Some day I'll have one. A peppy little reliable good-in-snow plenty-of-room for gear and dogs car.

I'm riding the family stuff like a little boat in the Universe's care. I can't see beyond the next wave, but I know the boat will go up and the boat will go down. I know that the ways I used to interact only got me heartache and kept me in the same place.

The whole "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

SO, I'm trusting and trying for TODAY.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Happy Monday!

I'm feeling pretty good. My marathon training is going well...feeling strong with no injuries or pain to speak of...knock on wood. My long run of 23km went very well yesterday...a good friend of mine who is training to run a half marathon, met up with me and we ran together for the first 14km. I enjoy running and talking - it makes the time pass and it is usually, very good for pacing...hard to run too fast when you're trying to hold a conversation!

I won't run today but will play a game of squash this evening - good recovery activity for my legs.

All is good with me.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Manz View Post
Laughter and friends really are good medicine! I do not think I have laughed so much for such a prolonged period for a very llong time. Oh man we have some most excellent comedians here.

Then I was dragged out to the 80's party. Man oh man, drunks are just annoying! And watching girls/women getting totally messed up reminded me why I am glad I am sober. The people that I was with know I dont drink, and why, and also knew that i was a little nervous to be going out to a bar on a saturday night for the first time in ages...........their jaws dropped when I walked in and was greeted by hugs from a cute man, then from other folks. I never drank with these people....ever! Just made me realise that I have made quite a few aquaintances/friends recently. Also I had such a great time and my friends wandered what I must have been like when drinking.......my response.....early on I was AWESOME and the life & soul of the party, then I just wasnt!

I danced the night away to an awesome live band!I was the last of our group to leave along with one old friend who was on a bender, because I did not want to leave her as I know where it may have ended. drove her home and as us drunks do when we are the only one drinking ....she tried to convince me that next time I might want to leave the car at home and just have one or 2. Sigh. I wont, but I do wish she could find her way out.

Hmmm.... I am rambling! I went out, I didnt drink, I had fun........I am surprised and pleased.

Have a great week everyone.
Really glad that you're night went so well Manz! Good for you!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

NICE Tippingpoint!

I'm training for a 30K in October. Ran 15K Saturday and 5K recovery yesterday. Gym strength class today. When's your race?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
instant

Originally Posted by frances2011 View Post

Sober, there are a lot more colors and possibilities in the world.
well said Frances
Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frances2011 View Post
NICE Tippingpoint!

I'm training for a 30K in October. Ran 15K Saturday and 5K recovery yesterday. Gym strength class today. When's your race?
I will be running the Toronto Marathon October 14th. This will be my 2nd full marathon...did the same race last year.

30k is a very good distance! A significant test! Good for you!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Technically I traveled 0 feet on an elliptical trainer tonight. But I parked across the street from the YMCA. Four lanes, we're probably talking 45 feet.

Each way, mind you.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Evening Overs,

Itchy wow those are a lot of places to live. I haven't been over seas except for a vaca in Paradise Island Bahama's which btw was so awesome and I was even drinking back then but it was early on in my disease.

Manz wow sounds like you had a blast thanks for posting. So did you meet any potential hot men?

TP & R&A wow you guys sound very athletic I am lucky if I can walk my 20 minutes lol. I keep saying I am going to join a gym but that is all it is so far is talk no action. Lol

Boy I sure love telling my secrets on here don't I? You guys must think I am a total nut by now?:rotfxko

Have a good nights sleep or a great day depending on your time zone.