Notices

Class Of June 2012

Old 05-31-2012, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of June 2012

Please come and join us in the June 2012 group

If you're getting clean/sober this month, come and join the gang - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 06-01-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Wishes from the Feb 2012 Class

Hello June Bugs! Just want to say you can definitely do this!

The beginning is the hardest, (I know, it seems almost impossible to you now) but if you power through and do not give up, then you'll wake up in a brand new life.

Stay on SR night and day if you need to. It pulled me through the eye of the needle, and now I am reaching 4 months next week.

And of course MANY on SR have been without a drink for many years and they will guide you.

We are all pulling for you! Congratulations for finding the courage to begin.

You CAN do this!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 months!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm back.

It's been nearly 12 months since I joined here and in that time I have had several attempts to give up the booze managing 14 days once.

Over the past couple of months I've really calmed down with the drinking and it is nowhere near as bad as 12 months ago but for the last couple of days I've been thinking about coming back here and having another go at giving it up for good.

The reason?

Every time I have a drink I then spend several days getting over it and several nights not sleeping properly plus I find I can't concentrate on my work properly and it's hindering my progress.

In the beginning it was the fear of never having another drink but now that is turning around into the fear of having another drink if that makes sense.

I'm a much happier person than 12 months ago but I'm ready to take the final step and live soberly.

So today is my third day and I thought this is the right time to come back and see if I can stretch these days into weeks and months.

Good luck and resolve to everyone that starts their recovery this June.

Thanks
Kopfan.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks EQ and OklaBH

welcome back Kopfan - I really hope this is your time too

D
Old 06-01-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fdm

Permission to come aboard?

J/K. I'm a holdover from the Class of May. I'm not a day counter, I just enjoy the pleasant feelings of being more productive at work, taking pride in my work, generally being nicer and sharper, sleeping better, and losing weight.

Forward march to the weekend, and let's have an even better June class than the May class!

Now, I'll wait for my friends to show up.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Go, Fdm, go! You sound great today! I have faith in your success, my friend. All the best to you and the Class of June 2012.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can do it Fdm!

I hope lots of people jump aboard for June....the May class is what got me through the first 18 days.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome fdm

D
Old 06-01-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fdm

C'mon folks! Join the June class!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome everyone!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I couldn't have made it through the first week without the May class!

You go, FDM. Great job coming back so quickly and through such adversity!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Kopfan,
Congrats and good luck! Since deciding a few days ago that I don't just abuse alcohol when I'm stressed - I am an alcoholic and cannot drink - I feel REALLY free. No more worrying about the next drinking situation....or the next hangover. Even one drink makes me feel like garbage the next day, and a binge makes me sick for days. The older I get the worse it gets.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day One

HI,

Not quite sure how to jump in here, but I think the only way is to go all in. I have been reading, pondering, self-evaluating, punishing myself, loving myself, taking supplements and expecting I would one day magically be able to control my drinking. What I have never done, but am doing today, is envision a life without alcohol and commit to making it a reality.

When I think I can't do it, I will remember the sweet, hesitant look on my 15 year old son's face when he asked me to get help and never drink again. How could I ever think a glass of wine is more valuable to me than him? Before it gets too sappy, I must confess he suggested pot as an alternative - easier on the liver. But what is the point of substituting one addiction for another?? Sobriety is what I am seeking.

Lotus
Old 06-02-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Had 3 weeks in April. I'm on day 5 now. Feeling really good, but I know I'm at that dangerous point, where I'm starting to forget how bad I felt, yet not completely used to or comfortable with not drinking. I know it gets better, and some peacefulness comes with time. So I'm just going to stick it out, enjoy the moments that do bring me peace and look forward to more.

I know its' the only way. For me, for my children, and for my life.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Friend from the Feb Class

Hi, I am from the February class. And I just wanted to encourage you guys!

I was terrified when I quit, right down to my bones! It was excruciatingly hard but i did it because of SR being here night and day for me. Lean on SR however much it is needed. There is so much wisdom and support here.

I started out getting by, just an hour at a time. And next week I have four months continuously sober. And I thought i couldnt do two days in a row the night I joined... But SR was what showed me sobriety was not only possible, but preferable. So if you are reading this, put away your hesitation and join. Your future life is looking for you!

There are many ways to get there but no matter what your path, make SR a part of it.

It helped me a lot when people from classes before mine would pop in to cheer my class on. So I feel fortunate to be able to do that for your class.

Your sober future awaits, you guys, and it is SOOOOO worth it. Hang on. Don't give up, and you will do this!

Welcome to your new and improved lives!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am not sure what class I am in.... But

I went 3 weeks sober in Feb. then started drinking after my husband brought me a bottle of wine home as a surprise!! *I kick myself and him* I didn't jump back in everyday or to the extreme of before, but I just decided that I don't want to drink anymore. It does nothing for me! I have been sober for 8 days now and the real test was LAST NIGHT!! We had an arguement earlier yesterday. He would not answer my calls, went out and got TRASHED (which REALLY put my sobriety to the test) but I STAYED SOBER!! HE came home SOOOOOO DRUNK and DRAMA FILLED from an arguement with another drunk co-worker. He was crying, etc... I was very calm, collected, and PROUD OF MYSELF!! He woke up this morning sick as a dog!! And I feel like a million bucks!!! I have NEVER been so thankful that I didn't fall for the "trigger" I was stronger for ME!! I have NEVER loved myself enough before now. It kind of feel good! So, I guess I am in the June class?? I am not sure, but I will just jump on board anyway
Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Here I am, back to Day 1! I flunked out of the Class of May last night, but I'm back. I really want this sobriety thing I keep hearing about.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Luling View Post
Here I am, back to Day 1! I flunked out of the Class of May last night, but I'm back. I really want this sobriety thing I keep hearing about.
You didn't flunk! You just skipped a grade :-). Good on ya for getting back on the horse, Luling!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am here, day two for me. I have vowed I will make it through all 30 days of June!