Notices

Class Of June 2012

Old 06-06-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good stuff happening here - keep up the good work, gang! Lean on and learn from each other :-)
Old 06-06-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks, kopfan, I guess it's just another one of those weird things I hadn't anticipated. I'll be glad to see it clear up!

Hang in there Sandra, you're doing great. I keep lots of Snapple, Lipton tea, and Diet Cokes on hand so I'll have something cold and refreshing to grab at my normal drink time. What's your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey Luling and kopfan my skin is a mess too but I kind of figure a pile of toxins are leeching through it the last few days and not much nutrients from last week....but I have unfortunately seen this before and it gets better with sober time , like most things do.

Yet another reason to stay sober I guess

Have a good day
Old 06-06-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy to join your class. Of course I was in the May class as well. I hope you guys are more lucky!!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Just found this forum yesterday. Quit alcohol this past Monday morning. I would like to consider myself in the class of June 2012. I've been a functional alcoholic for like 35 years. I quit for 2 years in the mid 80's, and then again for 3 months a couple times recently. guess I need work on preventing these relapses. Been to AA many times at many places, did counseling, did prescriptions. This seems like a good place to try something different.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class walkalot. I have been called a high functioning alcoholic just because I have a good job, family and have never been in trouble for anything. Well that is all BS. An alcoholic is an alcoholic. I realized when I tried to quit the last 4 times. Glad you found us. Keep posting.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi. I stopped drinking Tuesday and I have to admit I kind of feel icky physically but I know that will pass. Kopfan, loved your post. I can drink again whenever I want to but I know what the outcome will be. It's not worth it. I've pretty much lived on SR since I put the bottle down and it's helping a lot. Thanks, everyone.

Oh yea, and I admitted to my daughter last night and my best friend today that I have a problem. It was hard but they are really happy that I am getting help. So am I.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'm new, just joined today. I found you all last night after I woke up from my all day hangover.

I finally admitted I need help. I have been drinking for about 13 years now but not always so heavily. I knew I was an alcoholic for awhile now but didn't want to admit it to others, particularly to my husband.

Right now my husband is just so angry with me. I got so smashed at a hockey game on Monday I couldn't walk. This wasn't the first time I've gotten that smashed but never out before. I don't get drunk like that often, but this is the 3rd time it's happened to this extent.

Alcoholism runs in my family. My grandmother was a alcoholic as was/is some of my aunt and uncles. This really does scare the hell out of me for my own kids.

Today, I feel relief. I finally don't have to hide, to pretend I don't have a problem.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, thanks for all your posts. I'm doing well for Day 1. At drinking time, I went for a long walk and then to the supermarket to get fruit, vegetables and all things good. Walked by the beer section and felt a twinge that went away as soon as I was at the cashier and felt proud and happy at my loot. No alcohol, and it feels darn good. I crave the freedom and pride more than alcohol tonight. Then home and for whatever reason not really craving. SR helps keep me accountable. OK, Day one is done (well 2 more hours to bed) and I'm looking forward to waking up sober tomorrow morning.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sandra756 View Post
Walked by the beer section and felt a twinge that went away as soon as I was at the cashier and felt proud and happy at my loot.
LOL -- That reminds me, today I went to the grocery store. I started to let my eyes wander over to the wine section, then quickly averted my gaze faster than the time I accidentally saw my neighbor outside in his boxers. It's just better not to look.

Well done today, keep it up!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Guess I am grateful we don't sell alcohol of any kind in the food stores here yet...so no reminders when I go to get groceries.

Truth is , I know where to buy it , I just have to keep myself from going there , period
Old 06-06-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'd like to join June's class, too. Have drank heavily/binged since age 16, off and on. Stopped early 20s, for yrs,maybe 15, then after divorce met a guy who's an alcoholic and allowed myself to fall into patterns. A family death seems to have given me a poor excuse to hide my pain. I have been pretty consistent past 10 yrs or so with drinking most days, a break of a couple months here and there. I tried telling myself I'm a binge drinker, as if I have no problem. So wrong. Most people I know don't know I drink. Started with my "wine with dinner", progressed to wine with everything, plus went to wine (lots) along with lots of other alcohol. It's never seemed a problem to stop when I wanted in the past. This time's different. After 2 days, anxiety, itching, nausea, ticked off at everything, insomnia, horrible dreams. I'll be glad when this is over!! So glad I found this site. Good luck to you all. Reading your posts keeps me going!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Luling View Post
LOL -- That reminds me, today I went to the grocery store. I started to let my eyes wander over to the wine section, then quickly averted my gaze faster than the time I accidentally saw my neighbor outside in his boxers. It's just better not to look.

Well done today, keep it up!
@Luling lol I'm avoiding that wine aisle, too. I do have a liquor store next door, but refuse to go inside.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Having to go grocery shopping is going to be tough for me.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to all the newcomers here

D
Old 06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

OK, Dee... I'm here.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you here R4R
:bounce

D
Old 06-06-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

yes, welcome to the newbies in the June class. Hope everyone is doing well tonight, I had fleeting thoughts of drinking, but decided on pizza instead. Oh well for my stomach, but hopefully my liver appreciates it.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I'd like to join the June 2012 class too!
I'm on Day 5 and struggling, but I'm determined to do this.
I never drank before 6pm, but now I wake up wanting a Natty or a shot of Capt. Morgans anything....
I talk myself out of it, of course, but it seems to be getting harder rather than easier.
I know that will pass and eventually it will get easier, but dang this is hard!

I'm so glad that I found this site, it makes me feel so much stronger to come here and see how everyone else is doing and read all of the suggestions for making it through the toughest part.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Zada