Class of February 2012 Part 5

Old 06-28-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry today was a rough one Orbea.

D
Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

It happens Orbea. I only have one bathroom and it is upstairs. Somedays I have to choose who gets to pee first when I get home, me, or the dog. Sometimes I come very close to making the wrong choice. Lol

Sounds like everyone was just letting it all hang out between the dog, you and your son. Sometimes it is good for our kids to see us struggle and then apologize. It teaches them something.

Anyway sorry you had a rough day. Motherhood is SO challenging! But you obviously love that little boy very much. He is lucky to have you.

Also I'm glad you didn't have to pee because you drank too much beer! :-)
Old 06-29-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Ha! I have beer in the fridge, hubby has like 1 a night. Doesn't bother me...if we had wine or other hard liquor we'd be in trouble.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Good morning guys.

Orbea hope today is better for you!

This week has been pretty good over all. Today's gonna be another busy day at work. I'm def ready to kick bac and relax this weekend. I'm still debating whether or not to buy a guitar and try n learn to play. I really love music so just trying to think of new hobbies to keep me busy.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Guitar is fun! A lot of times music stores/universities offer group or private lessons for teens and adults.

Today is better. I did nit pee my pants, took Superboy to magic show and pool.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

spunds like a better day all round Orbea

D
Old 06-29-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Hello Class! I haven't been on in a while and I just wanted to check in! 4.5 months without a drop of alcohol for me! I've had some ups and downs over these last few months but never once thought of turning to alcohol to cope. It's been incredibly liberating to have a life and be able to plan a life sans drinking. It's amazing how much more time I have now to do the things that actually ad value to my life.

I was so happy to have found this forum when I decided to quit in February. It really helped to distract me during those really rough initial couple of weeks.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you here again, Sober4

D
Old 06-29-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Orbea glad today was better for you!

Sober4 good to hear from you! Great job with your sobriety.

Home relaxing watching tv. Lots of talk at work about 4th of July and drinking, parties, ect. I think the best thing for me to do is prob stay at home so I won't be around alcohol and be tempted to drink.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Sober: Thanks for writing. Great job!

Orbea: your posts are so.funny that I am lucky I dont pee.my.pants.laughing.

BF: Listen to yourself and trust your gut. At one month I wouldnt have been ready for that.

Lightening and Thunder for second hour here. After 100 degrees that is good but it makes me scared to.use the wondow AC when its rigbt outside. I have had two trees over my lifetime outside.my homes be struck.and fall with damage. I am wary.of.storms. You.never forget the sounds of that crack when it strikes a.tree.outside your window.

Of course it is.nothing compared to the tragedy of fire going west. The President went to visit today and Airforce one was.surroundex by smoke above.Colorado.... Trigirl,.have you been okay?
Old 06-30-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

EQ Yikes hearing a tree struck by lightening would freak me out! And ya I am just stayin at home gettin stuff done around the house.

Well I just typed up something in the newcomers forum about my night late last night about my neighbor. To sum it up cops ambulance, fire trucks all showed up wheeling her out. I guess its happened 2 other times this week according to the cops but I was gone at work. She is drinking all day everyday to the point of alcohol poisoning and peeing her pants with out realizing it. Shes only lived there with her BF for a lil over a month and ive never talked to her. The cop said shes only 38. Def made me realize that if I was to continue to drink that could def be me in her place. The cops said she was in rehab at one point but left early. She returned home this morning in a taxi then went back out and came home 15mins later in the taxi with grocery bags full of more booze, very sad. Hopefully she will get help before its too late.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:14 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Can anyone say heat wave?

BF Scary about your neighbor. A little sobering, huh?

EQ I am not a fan of storms either.

Not much to report here. Today is our 12th year marriage anniversary. We met on an airplane in 1997.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

happy anniversary Orbea

D
Old 07-01-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

I had my bdy yesterday. Met daughter and grandson for grand sushi lunch! Then had Five sisters, a niece and three girlfriends to my sisters for h'ourdourves, cake and ice cream, some gifts plus my laptop. They got money from my Dad and brother too and bought it. . It was overwhelming. Still is.

No one drank alcohol. My sister made big pitchers of cranberry and seltzer with limes and also had iced tea. And everyone drank that.

Friday night I went with my sister to see that famous medium John Edwards from that show Crossing Over. He didnt read us but.it was hard to put into words what it was like to see /hear him with others. I'm not often at a loss for words,.as you know, lol, but between Friday and Saturday, I am.

Not letting myself unpack laptop until I write thank you notes. Im kinda frozen, sitting here. Hiding like I did in early sobriety. I am not used to happiness. Waiting for other shoe to drop. So far, fifty is happy....

BF: your story is incredible about your neighbor. It is so sad.

Orbea: happy anniversary. I think its cool that you and hubby met on an airplane!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary Orbea!

Glad to hear you had a good bday EQ! Enjoy the laptop.

Got up early and washed the cars n painted my nails. Enjoying the day before work starts up again tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I have had cravings to drink all d@mn day. I hate that.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy bday for yesterday EQ - I hope things will settle again for you soon

D
Old 07-01-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Thank you BF and Dee. Grateful for you guys and how you always understand.

I craved all afternoon and evening. Surprised me a lot especially after yesterday and also after having a good, even happy, morning. I had finally finished writing all my thank you cards from yesterday, and then when I was done I started to crave and it just kept sticking like glue.

Finally about 8:00 I tried meditating and after about 40 mins of that, the craving had broken down into just thoughts and sensations and then was gone. Then I burst into tears, that real from the gut kind of crying that I used to do about my Mom. I don't cry much anymore, and I don't know what this was about either. Don't much care why. But it sprung from some honest place. The dog came over and put his paw on me and rubbed his cheek on mine. He is just the sweetest.

Then I gave up forcing myself to do things I'd intended to do, like bills and such (and sooo need to be done). and thought, well, clearly this is not going to happen so what is it that I WANT?

And so I downloaded some esoteric books on kindle. Just the kind I love, the type to give my curious digging side a nice hearty distraction. One about fractals. One on neuroplasticity. And the book Fringe~ology that I heard about on Radiolab today. Ah, the nerd in me is in nerd~vana.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

EQ so glad to hear your trying things like meditating and reading to deal with your cravings. Cute that your dog was comforting you. My dogs can totally tell when I'm in a funk. Now enjoy that laptop since your done with your cards and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Mom BBQd some steaks and corn for dinner. Drinking her wine but it isn't bothering me tonight since I decided a few weeks ago I need to focus on my sobriety and what I need to do in order to stay sober. I feel right now in my sobriety that I could easily end up drinking if at a social gathering with other people drinking so it's important that I spend 4th of July at home. I can see it already starting tomorrow at work with talks of drinking ect since drinking and partying seem to be the topic everyday and I'm really gonna try hard to just not get involved in it.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember crying like that too EQ - no reason really...for me I think I accepted something that day at a visceral level....I hope it was a similar cartharsis point for you

I'm really inspired by the great decisions you're making too BF

D