Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 3

Old 06-05-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hey I'm actually ok ATM all I meant by that was it is hard to change your life but let's do it. I'd been struggling historically with a few days under my belt thats all
Old 06-05-2012, 03:04 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

And I said June as it's true although I'm here I'll see what they're doing and feeling etc
Still a marcher
Old 06-05-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Still.... That makes a LOT of sense!
I'm going to do that. Not drinking is s.... But keeping busy and happily so us a must
Old 06-05-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thanks Still. I appreciate your post and I get what you're saying. I need to work at this, not just give in when the addict rears its ugly head.

I'm going to begin getting my life organized again. I have put off so much over the last few months it's pathetic. So my new life focus is to get my life in order (and this includes many areas so I'll keep busy!)

KaPuka, I'm right there with you. Let's make it happen this time.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Alright Sarah I'm with you , let's do it!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:11 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers.
How are we all doing today?

I'm feeling pretty good today, meeting a friend for coffee this morning, then going to an AA meeting tonight. Haven't been since my relapse and am a bit nervous in a heart thumping kind of way, (not throwing up in anxiety kind of way which I am prone to!)
AA is good for me and I get a lot from them.

Really pleased to hear Sarah and KaPuka sound so positive.

Have a great day everyone.
Big hugs for R4R and INH and anyone else who is struggling.

And Hypo, hurry home, you've been away for ever!!!!
Jen x
Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Thanks Jeni good luck !
Old 06-05-2012, 11:27 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Yeah, good luck sweetie. And don't be anxious - they'll be delighted to see you. How happy do we all get when someone comes back to try it again? It'll be cool as. Make sure you log in after and tell us about it okay? Is hubby coming to this one?

Hypo, I'm with Jen - we miss you!

And everyone else, stay strong today. Or at least busy. Or stay in bed if you have to. But no drinking!

xxx
Old 06-05-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Still. No H isn't coming to meeting. He's working til late, but wouldn't have come anyway. He said when I relapsed that he would go for ME but I am ok doing this on my own and I need to protect my own sobriety in case he relapses at any time. It would be different if he said he wanted to do it for HIMSELF. He doesn't actively seek it for himself. He is doing great and seems to have quit without any major problems. Of course that has led to me worrying that it has been too easy and he'll soon decide he wasn't an alcoholic at all and go back to it.
Anyway I mustn't worry about stuff that hasn't happened! My own sobriety is my top issue and we're working as a good team at the moment!
All good, long may it last xx
Old 06-06-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Night time here in oz
Finished work and had a strong urge to stop in at the pub. Then realized that the chance of one drink would be remote and I told you all I was back! So went to the DVD store and on the couch under a duvet with my purring cat watching movies. Sober too. Good feeling
Old 06-06-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Excellent KaPuka! Keep strong xxx
Old 06-06-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Nice KaPuka! What movies? I like movies...

Jen, you're right - be prepared, but don't worry. Still lookin forward to hearing that your meeting went well

xxx
Old 06-06-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Wow, you guys really are amazing! Just been catching up and you've gotta feel the love. R4R and Sarah, my thoughts are with you. This stuff ain't easy and I know that one of the biggest things that keeps me stopped is that I don't know if I could stop again if I started. I like the stuff Still and Lee said. For me my recovery is less about not drinking and more about learning to be comfortable in my own skin.

I hope the AA meeting goes well Jeni So glad that you're making your own recovery number one x

My trip away went well really. It wasn't danger free as it were and I was on wobbly feet to start of with, not least when I was confronted with a fridge full of guinness when I got to my friends house after a long journey. But once I had reaffirmed my non drinking status I was surprised how little everyone drank and how glad I was that I didn't have to drink too. I think a lot of my friends have used meeting up with me as an excuse to get wasted but seeing as no one questioned me too much I'm guessing they never obsessed over my drinking like I have! Really my drinking is my deal. My fears that people would force me into drinking or give me a hard time about not doing it are largely unfounded. No one else gives it a second thought if I don't make a fuss over it, drinking or no. It's nice to realise that this is my choice.

Sorry for the ramble, just meant to say hi!

Hope everyone is doing well xxx
Old 06-06-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hypo... everyone... thanks.

I'll be in the June class for sure. I'm so sorry guys. But got a plan now.

Dee.. I haven't known what to say about your post. You're right though. Sorry you were in such a crummy mood. Just sometimes, when I get like that... I don't know where to turn. Because, I won't turn to anyone. It's not just the craving, it's the resignation. I'm tired of the resignation.

Lee... Thanks for the PM - I wish you the best. I'll be back... I will never, ever, ever give up - for long. I just wish I could figure out why I give up so easily.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you didn't think I was unfair R4R, crummy mood or not.

Friends are honest, this is a recovery board, and I want you to be free of this see saw thing

D
Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Nah, Dee.. you weren't unfair. No harder on me than I am. Much less. I count you as a really good friend because you are honest... no matter what the mood.

If we can't have honest people in our lives... what keeps us accountable? We're just fooling ourselves. I don't fool myself anymore. So thanks.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

:ghug3

D
Old 06-06-2012, 10:45 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. So great you posted R4R, we've all been thinking of you. Glad you've got a plan now, it will really help. All my best wishes for your journey. Let us know how it goes, whatever thread you're posting on x.
Welcome back Hypo, you are doing so well. So inspiring to hear!
I've done 12 days now, had a fab meeting last night and am really hopeful and positive at the moment.
I'm never drinking again. X
Old 06-07-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hey Really, gonna miss you if you move over to June, but I'll look for you Kicking Asphalt...good luck girl

Hypo, it's so good to hear from you again! Well bloody done girl - it is interesting how much less (hmm...grammar-girl strikes again...) people drink now I'm sober. X-Marks (where you at dude?) pointed that out to his wife in surprise and she said "It's always like that - everyone enjoying a few quiet drinks, and you, wasted. Haha!

Jen, my love, I'm off to your thread now to find out about your AA trip in detail...

xxx
Old 06-07-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hey SS cheesy old school movies cocktail, finding Forrester and then the inbetweeners
Another sober night here
r4r I think you should stay in this class
Seems to be where are the cool kids are
( although I did just admit to hiring out 80's DVDs )