Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 5

Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Manz, Reeses bunnies come out for Easter. They put out special ones each holiday. I go the day9 after the holiday and clean them out for a reduce price.

I hope for answers to my shoulder problems. They already know my scapula doesn't lay flat like it should. They also put me on muscle relaxers and the muscles are still tight.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I hear ya Least! There will be a lot of that going around here from all of us who joined the overs last year. I know that Murray and others are ahead of me like you, but in September I will have 2 years sober, and 40 years married to boot! I remember your one year announcement like it was yesterday. Then you and Murray and Tina and some more getting together with Dee and starting this thread. Most of all I remember reading you when I was starting here, and helping me a lot with your advice and sharing, and especially all your dog posts. Thanks again.

Akasha I hope you get your answers, let us know.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Itchy.... yes courgette is of french origin. ANd there is a small area in NZ that was settled by the French a while back, and so I guess that is where we get it from. As you may or may not know........ My beautiful son Weeman holds a french passport and a NZ passport. His dad is half French and half Ivorian(the Ivory Coast in Africa). So Weeman and I also speak some french as his dad speaks French to him fulltime when he is at his house.

I am hoping that Weeman inherits all of the wonderful French/African attributes (certainly he is gorgeous!) and not one of the negative ones. To name arrogance as one I think is ok as I speak from personal experience. As always though not all people are the same and I do hate to generalise. I guess I could rather say I hope he does not pick up his dads negative attributes.....or mine for that matter.

Least.... yay on your time!

I am adding the finishing touches to my website, oh the tedium, as I can not use paypal as I would like for shipping so need to incorporate it on the site before anyone hits paypal! Siiiiiiiiiiiigh. I am determined to have it published and functioning this blimmin week!!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh..... banana bread made! I modified the recipe(can't help myself) and it has worked out! The resident food critic and his best mate have given it 2 thumbs up. Well I think that is what they were saying, went something like this..........

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....hmmmmmmmm......mmmmmmmmmmmm.. ..mmmmmmmmmmm...mmmmmmmmmmmm...mmmmmmmmmmm That is better than my mums! (Yikes)
Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
LDT

I could use some banana bread, or courgette bread, or any kind of bread right now. It's 1:00 a.m. and the hotel I'm in has no chocolate.....what was I thinking, to come so ill prepared? UGH....somebody talk me off this ledge!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

LTD,

forget about the liftoff, the landings bad enough
Old 04-21-2012, 03:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

OH MY OH MY OH MY GOSH..... OH MY GOSH.........

I feel like I have stepped off a cliff, or taken a plunge out of a plane.............

I finally did it and my website is LIVE.......arrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!! Now I just need to work at promoting it. YIKES!!!!!!

Also............. YAY ME! YAY ME! YAY ME! I can go to bed tonight proud of myself for this.

LDT.... I ate heaps of banana bread this eve, oops.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Mmmmm Banana Bread!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats Manz! I sent you an email about the cheapest and most professional way to promote it IMHO. I remember how proud I was of my very first website when it went live too! What really hit home was getting emails from Japan, Europe, NZ and Oz, etc. then it becomes a sudden realization that you are talking to the world, and accountable for everything on it. When you read my use and disclaimer tongue in cheek policy on mine you now will know what I meant about having to accept attribution for the whole thing.

Best of luck and hope you get yourself on the first page of every major search engine. All you need are the rules and a framework to promote from automatically without having to do all the automation and research, and I sent you those already.

Once again!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Note to self..............

DONT PURCHASE A DOMAIN NAME AND ACTIVATE IT LATE AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOME FIXING TO BE DONE NOW
Old 04-22-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

^^^ lol!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Happy Sunday morning, overs. Hope you all have a lovely day.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Was supposed to go out on a date yesterday. One that I wasn't particularly looking forward to as we are...complete opposites: him: social butterfly, does DJ'ing, gobs of friends, etc. me: quiet, *looks around* umm...do internet friends count? lol (i think so), very much introverted. The guy hasn't left me alone in the last 18 months though. Like every couple of months. Finally I was like OH WHATEVER. Get this stupid crap over with.

I woke up yesterday sicker than a dog lol and it was a noon tea/coffee date. Sooo I had to postpone. Even my body doesn't want me going apparently.

Ended up sleeping like 18 hours yesterday, all I ate was a smoothie which had kale and spinach in it and mangoes, grapes, peaches, strawberries. Oh god, it was so good. Threw in more OJ than I normally do instead of my pomegranate juice to bolster my immune system a bit more and my normal flax seed and greek yogurt. Drank/ate that, read some, went back to bed.

Woke up this morning somewhat hungry so I leapt on it since I hadn't eaten anything solid since lunch on Friday. Eating some buckwheat pancakes, eggs and bacon!! And orange juice on the side, of course.

Still pretty achey and sore throat. Probably will just clean all this up after I'm done and go back to bed, to be honest.

Hope you all had a nicer weekend.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

do internet friends count? lol (i think so)
I hope so, because otherwise my social circle is awfully small, lol. (But that's OK. I've always been a fan of small circles of friends. Like to think it makes them an elite and dedicated group. The SEAL Team 6 of relationships.... )

Hope you feel better, LB. Sounds like extra rest is in order—and that big breakfast long overdue.

Manz, it ain't a new website unless it has glitches. Hope the debugging effort is going well.

My munchkin just left for her mom's house. Poor lil' thing has both a touch of poison oak, and an infection that's best described as a girl thing and left at that. I took her to see her doc yesterday for the latter, though it's really the poison oak that's bothering her the most. I remember getting it a lot as a kid—so freaking hard to resist scratching at it!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
LDT

Good gorgeous morning, overs!

LB, I hope you feel better very soon. Sounds like you're putting all the right things in your body.

Here's how my day started.....coffee with my DH and puppy, followed by a walk in the park. As I was walking I noticed a group of people dancing to Bollywood music. I knew one person in the group, who invited me to join in the dance. I had no clue as to what they were doing, but unfortunately for them, that didn't stop me. I ditched my walk and spent the next half hour practicing a Bollywood routine by the lake with my new friends. I felt like a clutz, but was having so much fun I didn't realize what a good workout I was getting. A little into this practice I learned that we were going to be doing a flash mob Bollywood dance routine in the park next weekend.......what a fun slice of life this was for me!
today!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

LB, I hope you get to feeling better.

Hope everybody else had a good weekend. It's been a very rainy one here.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Nothing to report really...rainy Sunday. Started a new series of paintings today and it's at the stage where I either live it or think the past 10 years of art were a waste

Read everyone's posts but too tired to make comments so just sending you all hugs and kisses.

And I have 2 years in July, Murray is 2 weeks ahead of me
Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Might have to change my picture in honor of two years...I've been back to blonde for over a year now!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Zipperman.....thanks for the support...LOL...what the ????

Lotus...........follow your instincts is all I will say. Oh, and hope you feel better soon.

R&A..hope the munchkin feels better soon!

LF..... I have been blond for...um as long as I can remember, but have decided to allow my natural colour come back through. Oh my gosh what a loooooooooooooong process. I had actually forgotten what my natural colour was, as I was 14 when I saw it last!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kid you not.

LDT.....that sounds way cool! Recapturing the child in you by just jumping on in and having fun! Awesome.

Monday is done here for me.....apart from all the business stuff I need to do for myself. I think I will leave that til tomorrow!

Have a great week when you get to it!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

congrats on two years LF

the wonderful two's