Notices

Class of April 2012

Old 04-04-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by tanja View Post
Doggy,

You can be sober without believing in God. A gentlemen in an AA meeting shared that a lady told him he couldn't find sobriety without God. Apparently, she went out again. He has 30 years of sobriety.
I believe in a power greater than myself......but there's always
a but, god, surrender , worship . That AA pounds down your throat
Is my problem . I also have a problem with "the big book"
1934 that was a long time ago. The only reason I go is for
Being around sober people. I have isolated myself for the last
60 days. my wife due to her Alanon brain washing thinks to not support
Me is the right thing to do. I work 12-14 hours a day so this forum is
great at night by myself I read ALOT
Sorry if Im whining
Old 04-04-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Not sleeping

When I first tried this back in september I did not sleep at all zero. After a month I went to my MD and bless her heart I got all kinds af different Bezo's of course if 1 works 4 is better right ? 4 months of those and I couldn't do my job felt horrible until I took more. Against medical advice I kick cold turkey , after 5 day of the worst and mean worst withdrawal ever I made it . Then no sleep again. Leading up to my big slip I had not slept in 5 days.
I now have a GREAT new doctor, Trazodone has saved me no real bad side effects still wake up sad and alone from time to time
Check in tonight
Old 04-04-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

BF: Did you think of getting on SR and posting prior to acting? Its.here, 24/7. If it werent, i would not be a.non drinker today.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Sober today. Annoyed at everyone. Irritated. Impatient. Really wanted to just stop by the beer store after work today, but I didn't.

I promise I won't drink today.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

must be something in the air TD - I feel annoyed and irritated too.
Not entertaining the idea of a drink tho

D
Old 04-04-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Just realized that I can be a part of this group because I am on day 5! I have made quite a few attempts over the past 9 months, ususally slipping right about now. While my sleep is not steady, I feel like it is quality sleep and its wonderful to wake up rested, clear, and not hungover. I received compliments today at work, one even telling me she can't quite tell what is different about me. I really do feel great, except for my craving time - about 4-6pm. A few days I even convinced myself that I was going to drink, only to catch myself at the end. That scares me. And when I finally decide NOT to, I feel sad, mad, and frustrated. But it does go away.
Glad to be a part of this, and I want to stay this time.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome forabetterlife

D
Old 04-04-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Just realized that I can be a part of this group because I am on day 5! I have made quite a few attempts over the past 9 months, ususally slipping right about now. While my sleep is not steady, I feel like it is quality sleep and its wonderful to wake up rested, clear, and not hungover. I received compliments today at work, one even telling me she can't quite tell what is different about me. I really do feel great, except for my craving time - about 4-6pm. A few days I even convinced myself that I was going to drink, only to catch myself at the end. That scares me. And when I finally decide NOT to, I feel sad, mad, and frustrated. But it does go away.
Glad to be a part of this, and I want to stay this time.
That's awesome that you got that compliment! One one hand, it must make you feel good. On the other, it's a reminder that you really do have a problem, if your change in mood (non-hungover) is that noticeable to someone at work.

Your crave time sounds a lot like me, but usually my hard core crave time is 6pm-bedtime. Don't give in to thinking you are going to be able to go back to drinking socially. I have been telling myself that for... 5 years? It's just not possible for us.

It seems to me that the sooner we accept we can't ever drink again, the faster we'll get healthy.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

~forabetterlife
I feel sad too. I today is day 6 for me. I'm sad; sad like someone or something died. I heard that awful little voice again today. The one in my mind that says, "oh, just one, you can handle that" OH NO I CANNOT! And it makes me angry. I got out my list of things to distract myself and SR was on the list. After reading some of the posts I remembered I'm not alone. I've heard these feelings will pass...
Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Heya forabetterlife, welcome aboard!

Yeah, I was kinda grumpy today as well. A friend leaving work and she decided we would have her leaving party at quite a fancy place. I knew the moment was coming so I was mentally prepared. Had two cokes, I noticed that a few others were not drinking which I would have missed when I was and most were having a couple of glasses and being sensible. For me it got boring really fast although had a couple of good conversations. My work group tends to be pretty good when explaining that I am not drinking, they either think I'm on a health kick as I have started jogging as well, or they think nothing of it, or they think I'm dealing with a booze problem which they would try to stay away from.

Got home and still grumpy as have not have very much money in the bank account and partner had brought me new jeans and shirt which made it hard to continue to be grumpy although I tried my hardest.

4 days off work now for Easter break, playing golf (man I end up doing some wierd activities when I'm sober) and trying to keep busy.

Everyone in the family went out for a couple of hours with me not being required so I'm sitting in a peaceful house, by myself with the clock going tick tick tick. Ahhh, now I'm not grumpy.
T.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I think that compliment yesterday was more about me physically than my mood. I could even tell how much better I looked yesterday- puffiness gone, eyes clear- and I even lost a few pounds.
I love sleeping without the effects of alcohol, and waking up so clear headed and proud of myself. At this point, this is a reward in and of itself.
My grumpiness usually hits about 4, while I talk myself out of cravings. Then, once I overcome it, I'm just pissed off. Why can't I just have a glass of wine? Some people want a piece of cake, I want a glass of wine! Such stupid analogies. Cake isn't good for you, but it doesn't do quite the damage wine does to me. It ruins everything.
Oh, and except for a few exceptions, social drinking is not an issue for me, I drink alone. So sad, but true.
So I am on to day 6. I'm very busy - going until almost 10pm, work and then sports with the kids, so drinking wont' even be an option. But the 4 day weekend, that's will be more of a challenge.
I am so grateful for SR, I feel so much less alone, knowing that so many others are going throught the same things as I am.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Ugh -- today, day 5, was the hardest day yet. After work I REALLY wanted to go to happy hour with everyone, but instead I went home and worked on my project car in the garage. I worked up a good sweat and listened to the radio. I'm actually feeling a lot better now, but that crave was VERY bad, to the point where I felt dizzy. I'm glad it passed. I'm going to take a shower, get a book, and get to sleep early.

On a side, note, I have been having some super strange dreams the past few days... Last night I dreamed of some robot flying thing that was chasing me and some guy I knew back in middle school. I think we ended up jumping in a river which scared it off for some reason -- WTF?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Unhappy Very down today

I'm going to court tomorrow
Held myself together at work
Now I just want to hide
Feel so alone
Such a baby
Old 04-05-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck with your court date doggy

D
Old 04-05-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 3 (again)almost in the books....feel good...I never drink, and I will not change my mind
Old 04-05-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
^ this was a useful technique for me and cravings...

congrats on day 3 6palms

D
Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Sober again! Not much to say today. Craving right now, but not too bad. Gonna read a book and get a good night sleep after a long work week.

On Sunday morning, I'll have 7 days sober. That'll be the longest I've gone in probably 8 years.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 7 for me, one week! The longest I have gone this past year is 9 days. I had my moments today, but the better I feel, the less I want to drink. Its definately and adjustment, but a good adjustment.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Ugh, for some reason I feel like I have a hangover this morning. I feel dizzy and out of whack.

On a positive note, I decided to weigh myself (Today is day 7) and I have lost 9.4 lbs since I stopped drinking. Wow! I haven't even changed my eating/exercise habits yet.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations to everyone
enjoy the rest of your weekend

D