Notices

Class of April 2012

Old 04-02-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthurn View Post
ya i know
Agree with Dee sthurn, sounds like a visit to the Doc is needed.
It must be hard living in a small town environment if you want to keep it under the radar. You might be able to find a few people who you can say I have given up who are likely to support you. Hope you are feeling better.
T
Old 04-02-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthurn View Post
how do you tell others (that do not understand this disease) i have to quit? i live in a small town of 1500 people,most of which dont understand or do i just steer clear?
Tell them that alcohol is making you really sick... and that you don't want to be sick.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Well ending my day 1 with a little tv. Stomach all messed up and feelin funky. I've been thru tons of day 1s so I know it does get better after a couple days.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

SO far so good. I am logging on from home on my new phone and just checking in. I am sober but grouchy. I will kick it in my room for a while.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello all I will have 60 day tomorrow after 30 years of
Drinking and drugging . I started trying to do this sober
Thing back in september but I sliiiippppeeddd , jail wife and kids
Gone . This time it's all or nothing
Old 04-02-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Doggy - sorry for your struggles, but congratulations on 60 days!

D
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks D, The really hard part of this is
I still so in love with my wife even though
She is a big part of why I drank, my kids
Will come around in time, I have supported
Her for 20 years ( can you say functioning
Alcoholic) but now when I need her for support
She's gone. All of the close people around me
Say dump her , but I can't
Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your breakup doggy.

I think it's great you're focusing on your recovery tho - I found I was much better able to deal with everything life threw at me when I was sober.

I know you'll have better times ahead

D
Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Count me in. Day 4 for me, after 3 months of sobriety. Busy day at work. I was astonished at the confusion, trouble staying focused on the task at hand and diffculty with short term memory. What a set back from one night of drinking.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 2 today. Not sleeping well AT ALL.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:16 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome akberry and LilyMarie

D
Old 04-03-2012, 03:28 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good Morning April Class. Hope everyone is doing well this early morning. I seem to have a racing heart and extreme anxiety. Upsetting, as yesterday seemed to go so well. Hoping it is blood sugar, as I skipped dinner last night to lay down to sleep with my three year old.

This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too. . .

I appreciate reading everyone's stories, and feel thankful for the old timers who check in on us and offer words of wisdom and just general good wishes. Thank you all.
Must get the family ready for school, and myself ready for a big work day. It will be a struggle. Hands are shaking and heard feels like it will beat out of my chest. Not much sleep.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Failed miserably! Need to join April's class

I was a member of January's class. Then last night I thought I could enjoy a glass of wine. Didn't work. Up all night, after the wine induced initial sleep. Like someone else posted, today is my last hangover. I'm too old to do this anymore. Too ashamed and too scared.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a hard lesson but most of us need to learn it TB
Welcome back

D
Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TempeBrenn View Post
I was a member of January's class. Then last night I thought I could enjoy a glass of wine. Didn't work. Up all night, after the wine induced initial sleep. Like someone else posted, today is my last hangover. I'm too old to do this anymore. Too ashamed and too scared.
Welcome back, and glad to have you with us. You are back at it, and that is all that matters. Today is another day. Best to you!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

i just want to cry. Is that normal? There was absolutely NO reason for me to get drunk last night. No pressure, no stress, in fact I was feeling pretty strong and confident. And then I don't know what happened. And here I am starting over, feeling appalled and ashamed of my behaviour. I know I am not a failure, but I sure feel like one. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry and have someone hold me and tell me everything is going to be OK. Like I was a kid again. And I am going to be 60 this year. This is NOT what I want for my life. I should know better. I do know better. Okay, enough of my pity party. I am sure I have it way better than some, and today, I am going to start remembering that. Thank you SR for being here.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard to change our lives...and addiction/alcoholism is the one condition that tries it best to convince us over and over again that we don't have it.

coming back again is half the battle TB - you've turned a mistake into a good decision...& you'd been sober since January...nothing changes that - try to not beat yourself up too much

D
Old 04-03-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TempeBrenn View Post
i just want to cry. Is that normal? There was absolutely NO reason for me to get drunk last night. No pressure, no stress, in fact I was feeling pretty strong and confident. And then I don't know what happened. And here I am starting over, feeling appalled and ashamed of my behaviour. I know I am not a failure, but I sure feel like one. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry and have someone hold me and tell me everything is going to be OK. Like I was a kid again. And I am going to be 60 this year. This is NOT what I want for my life. I should know better. I do know better. Okay, enough of my pity party. I am sure I have it way better than some, and today, I am going to start remembering that. Thank you SR for being here.
Hang in there TempeBrenn. We are always here to listen.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Encouragement from class of Feb 2012

Changeforgood: I quit Feb 9th. I didnt sleep right for a month! I thought I was losing it. Wanted to jump right out of my skin. Everyday seemed like an eternity. It felt like each week took six months of effort to get through. I could not concentrate at work. I had mood swings. I felt like a baby. Helpless and out of control. I felt like I was crawling. But all that convinced me alcohol was a terrible poison!

Now I sleep like a baby. The other complaints have left too. I cant believe it but they did!

One thing I did that I never hear people talk about was:.I told people.what I was doing. Family, friends, colleagues. Told drinkers and non drinkers. People I could trust who would encourage me and who I wanted to be able to show I meant what I said. Many didnt know I had a problem because I drank every night alone. But I.told them and i think doing that, and having SR available 24/7, got me through that horrible first.month.

And I am SOOOO glad I quit!

YOU GUYS CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Day 2. Last night kinda sucked. Sweating and cold at the same time along with nightmares all night. Gonna keep moving forward tho in the right direction.

Tempebrenn welcome to the group! Glad you decided to jump back into sobriety after last night. When I drank a week ago I was too ashamed to come back and full of guilt and ended up drinking for a week.