Notices

Codependency and Beyond Part 23

Old 06-20-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

I'm so glad I saw my therapist today. I warned him when I came in that I was going to wear him out lol. Bottom line, I'm no longer able to tolerate the stuff I shouldn't have been tolerating in the first place.

Before I forget, I told him this is the real me, someone he's never met before. I had already relapsed when I first started seeing him. He smiled, then described me, and I wish I could remember more than 'fierce' and 'warrior'. I'll take it
Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

I hope you all forgive me for not remarking on your last few posts... I am too tiiiirrrrreeedddd today... But I have read them!

Yesterday's reading has become a theme in my life recently. Enjoying life in the moment has been really hard for me as a codie and someone who suffers from anxiety. I am so used to being in a crisis that I sometimes can't remember what it feels like not to have a sick feeling in my stomach. But lately, thanks to readings like this about boundaries/codie behavior and thanks to new anxiety meds, I am on a much more even keel.

To recap some of my posts from a few weeks ago, I had a big problem with codie behavior with my bf. He has a lot of female friends that he talks to and he and I got into a big fight over how often he texts these ladies - one of them developed a crush on him and started harassing him. It made me very upset to the point that I was constantly checking phone records to see what he was up to.

Things are better with my bf. I no longer feel the need to check up on him. The truth is, I don't feel the urge to do that anymore. I know he isn't cheating so I don't really care who he is talking to otherwise. In addition, I now feel that is he were to stray, he isn't worth my time and so I refuse to worry about it. I will deal with the problem if I have to. He has kept to his word, as far as I know, and stopped giving out his phone number to female friends since it became such a problem.

I had some bad news as well, which oddly enough I am also not worrying about. I have some tumors in my breasts that I have to have biopsied tomorrow. I have a family history of breast cancer, so it is a bit of a concern for the physician. However, I am only 35 so still a bit young to get breast cancer, and it looks like it is probably benign judging by the mammogram and ultrasound. So... I am just not going to worry. Even if I get it, I would have an excellent chance of surviving.

I am also doing better with setting boundaries and sticking to them.

35 days sober today!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-24-a.html

Last edited by Dee74; 06-20-2012 at 09:33 PM.