Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 14

Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

If it makes you feel better, Mirage, I missed it, too. DOH! I guess my smartphone doesn't work so great, either!

I find it curious when you describe yourself as not completely social, Mirage. You seem so fun and outgoing on here ... the kind of person that everyone wants to hang out with.
Me included!

Frances, what fun things do you have in store for next week? I think you should go on a roadtrip. Someplace cool and surrounded by Great Lakes.

4 stars on the rant, Dave. And an extra one for not formatting it in letter form ... those annoy me. (you know, the "Dear Whoever" things people write and post on forums where the addressee will NEVER see them and it only serves to grumble and whine without hope of any resolution. And the writer would never have the guts to bring it up to the actual person, anyway, which is why they post them in other places.) Nothing wrong with a good rant, though ... lots of them in Psalms! And thank you for all your positive words ... they mean a LOT to me. Like most people, I can be pretty hard on myself. Much more than I would ever dream of being toward anyone else.

Lofty, that was some impressive sleuthing! You're GOOD!

I'm glad to see you again, Bryan! We'd love to have you join our party!

Today, as usual, has gone completely differently than was expected. My little one is sick, and I got called in to sub a meeting this morning. (that went fabulously! a nice addition to the pocketbook, and very, very fun!) The other leader wanted me to do her noon, as well, but I was planning on attending the first session of a conference that I'm hoping will be a big part of my recovery here. I felt a little guilty about saying no, but I need to take care of me, too, so you all keep telling me. So, I raced out of the first meeting, swung through Subway to pick up lunch, stopped by home to be sure my little one ate and took another pill, then went. And it was good. (Lofty, this is the one that I invited you to) It's being put on by a guy named Neil Anderson who's written a ton of books and who developed the Freedom in Christ program. He talks a lot about breaking the bondages of addictions, and about realizing truly your identity in Christ. I picked up a couple books that I am looking forward to digging into, and the second part of this conference is in a couple hours. It goes all day tomorrow, too, but I'll be in Detroit for volleyball tournaments for the next 2 day. (Mirage, how far is Warren from you? That's where I'll be.)

I spent some serious time chatting with a friend of mine there who quit drinking last March, too. She was very encouraging ... only 25, with the soul of a 40 year-old.

Day 1.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

PBC so psyched about this conference. Hope you are having a great time. Have fun in Detroit!

OK, shutting down the puter before my eyeballs explode.

Marchers, I had a heck o a work week:
1. Monday--Presented to business group
2. Tuesday--NYC Interview
3. Wed--Town Committee meeting where I made great contacts
4. Thurs--Business group asked me to be ON THEIR SPEAKERS BUREAU. I suggested a second topic I can do and the org president said YES to a pilot! (Didn't even get to tell you folks this yesterday)
5. Thurs--Dug into big project for New Client
6. Thurs--Did PR for a pro bono client who put me on their website as a PARTNER for their event
7. Friday--Completed and handed in New Client thing. Got two articles written for my Bread and Butter Client.
8. AND THIS WAS A BIG CELEBRATION WEEK FOR DAVE & LOFTY!!!!

This is offered in the Light that this time last year I could have handled one meeting this week out of the house due to energy level, brain fog, and anxiety.

WHEW! This weekend is home for vacuuming and doggie love and running and cooking vegetables

Giving all the Marchers a BIG HUG of Gratitude for what's unfolding in ALL our lives.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Wow, Frances!!!! You ROCK!!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

And I love you, too.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day one PBC

I'm having a few connection problems so I'm taking the hint and taking a few days off - have a good weekend everyone...back next week

D
Old 03-09-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Editor

Good night frances....I know that you are tired. You took a week off of running to exercise and ran in your work life non stop. Good on you. You ladies on here amaze me.

PBC- Cyber hugs! You can do hard things and I like watching you. That didnt sound quite right after I reread my post. Anywho...You know what I mean. You rock!I hope that your little one feels better.

Dee thank you for posting on my thread I started. I was kinda feeling like a loser with no comments on it.Living instead of surviving is my new motto.

mirage---I missed you this afternoon.

Well it is a boys only weekend this weekend. The ladies are at the girlscout camp. I hope we can survive.

Have a wonderful night my mighty Marchers

Living and Loving it
Dave
Old 03-09-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks PBC..and I hear what you're saying. I'm good socially, and I like being social..just not a TON. It's hard to explain, I think I'm just a little introverted, but not shy. I don't seek out being super social, I'm more of a homebody really. Tho tomorrow I'm gathering people to go hear my friend's band play at a bar again..that'll be fun. I always have fun when I go out, it may be that I'm just used to staying home more!

Congrats on Day 1! Warren is about 45 min from here I'd say. Is your daughter in a vb tournament Sat and Sunday? I might be able to go out there on Sunday if you're there and can have visitors. lol..like you're in a hospital or something. I just mean if it's convenient for you..it might not be the time or place. You may want to just concentrate on your daughter. I would love to come out to Kzoo this Summer, so if this weekend doesn't work out, I will definitely hook up with you one day soon out there. I have a friend in Kzoo who I visit sometimes and I'm due a visit.

Good job on your busy week, frances..your weekend sounds nice!

Have a good weekend, Dee!!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

No Dave, that didn't sound right at ALL! lololol!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Mirage, I'd LOVE to do a face-to-face on Sunday! Let's make it happen! I have no idea what the Sunday schedule is yet ... I'll let you know tomorrow sometime. I'll fb you my cell number.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Morning! Up to run at 7:30 with a big group.

We get our doggie's Bichon for the weekend! Squee for foofy girl dogs. My doggie lurves her.

Catch you all later! Woohooo for the first Marcher Get Together, hope Mirage & PBC can connect!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Frances, I would swear I wrote congrats to you last night for your SUPER DUPER week of accomplishment, but it's not here so I mustn't have pushed the right button. Sorry.

But....CONGRATS!!! Wow! I was tired just reading about it. In fact, I've been tired a lot this week, so now I know why. You wore me out!

Didn't get as much accomplished as I thought I would this week, but am still making forward progress. I don't need a Hail Mary pass yet, but I need to traverse the gridiron with more fervor, diligence, and perserverance.

Glad PBC and Mirage can connect this week!

Has your funk lifted, Mirage? Hope so.

Hey, uh, Dave? Your voyeurism is showing!

PBC, your 25 yr old friend sounds like a perfect opportunity for a real life accountability partner. Don't let age differences interfere. This disease has no age boundaries.

Had a nice family dinner at Macaroni Grille last night. We get out as an entire family to eat dinner maybe once a month. It was fun. And the kids enjoyed it too. Then we went to Guitar Center so everyone could dream about their musical interests, and we could get ideas for the upcoming birthdays. In the end, I think we are just gonna go shopping with the kids. At their ages, 15 and 16, its really hard to shop without them. We want them to have what they want.

Anyway, good morning, Marchers! Carpe Diem!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Editor

Good morning Peeps
I am heading to the track and field events with a detour through Saturday detention. Yep mister running star skipped algebra last week and johnny law busted him(the dean that is). I know I thought about it when I was in school...but the fear of getting caught and going to hell kept me from acting on those thoughts.(Catholic school and upbringing)
anywho....just wanted to check in because I could.
Keep the sun in your faces and have a wonderful day my marchers.
Dave
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

We're just about packed and off to the tournament. Some friends of ours are keeping my youngest until tomorrow night, and they picked her up already to go to an early movie. She should have a blast with them! We have to be at the courts by 2:30.

If it makes you feel better, Dave, I was a 4.0 student all through school, and I still skipped class a few times. We were allowed 2 unexcused absences per class before our parents were called, and I planned mine carefully. There was a Dunkin Donuts not too far from the school that we'd frequent during our allotted skips. Yes, we were that naughty.

Lofty, the music store sounds like fun! Did you buy anything? Did you read on my fb that Jim bought a new electronic drum kit? We jammed this morning for a while - him on his drums, me on keys and singing ... it was fun! He has a LOT to learn. And I know him, and I know he will.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Ooh, Dave's boy is pullin a breakfast club!! I never skipped school..out of fear, too. My dad was an administrator in the school system and everyone knew him, so I didn't dare..he woulda killed me. I brought whiskey to school in saline solution bottles and hid em behind the toilet, but I never skipped school. I think my halo just tilted a little. Have a good tourney, Dave! Glad you checked in.

Thanks Lofty, yeah I'm feeling better for sure..it's less intense, but it'll nag me for awhile I think. It's basically something my dh and I talked about, marriage wise, and it's worried me that he's unhappy with something I'm not sure I can change. Like it's just who I am. I don't think it's the end of the world, but it does make me feel bad sometimes.

We went out to eat with the fam last night, too! Pizza..yum. We had a good time.

Hooray for foofy girl dogs! Have fun with that little ball of cuteness, frances. Cute breed.

Aussie's due home soon, I reckon. Hope things went well on her week away.

I'll check in with you later this afternoon, pbc!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Ok! I'm off to see Pbc! I'm kinda nervous..what if she doesn't like me after we meet?? I think meeting people in real life is over rated. Haha..here I come, PBCeeeeeee!!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Pssshhht. AS IF! How could anyone not love you, Mirage! It was sooooo nice meeting in person! I don't have my camera cord with me, but I'll post the pics of us when I get home, okay?

I do have one complaint, though ... she wouldn't sing for us. Jim tried, but she was too shy. Maybe next time, huh?

Day 2.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers!

Beautiful morning with two sleeping doggies near me. They are plum tuckered out from playing so much yesterday.

Husband left last night. I am creating a wonderful day. Will be going for a bike ride this morning--wish me luck. First ride on my new-to-me bike. Have to learn how the gears work.

Started the spring yard work yesterday. I realized one of my anxiety triggers is the cycle of being anxious about the yard/garden, not good enough, too much to do, don't have the help I need, won't ever be good enough......but this year is different.

This year I can garden and breathe and enjoy and plan to do just enough....what. a. difference. to feel better physically and then have better thoughts which makes me feel better physically.

My little sister called last night after I'd left three messages. So good to talk to her after 3 weeks. I was starting to think she was mad at me, but as my husband says, "Don't assume. Think the best until you know otherwise. I decided she was just busy, and that is the truth."

She's still battling her stbx-husband. The prayer I have for her is to find the tools she needs to dis-engage from him.

Have a great Sunday Marchers!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

IIIIII.....want to ride my bicycle!!!!! (Think Queen)

Love it! Glad you are off to the races, Frances! I'm starting to plan my garden as well!

Glad PBC and Mirage got to meet. That's exciting.

I'm enjoying another quiet, sunny, Sunday morning. Loving the Saturday night church!

Got up this morning and made a bunch of cookies and a breakfast casserole. We have a shower to go to for the new music director at church this afternoon, and have snacks for our Dave Ramsey meeting tomorrow night.

Ok...after a week, my weight has been rollercoastering below 235, rather than above. I'll take the progress. Have cut coffee down to a cup every 2-3 days, and my joint aches have significantly subsided (they don't like the acidity). Only worked out once last week. Need to pick that up.

Anyway... another great day yesterday. Picked up my 7 month chip at a really good meeting. We read from the Big Book, chapter 2 "More About Alcoholism". A significant reminder from whence I came. I shared, and had good conversations afterward as well.

It seems like life is starting to settle down to a semblence of normalcy. We've survived the winter, and can flow into spring. Love it. I even had an hour to set up the golf net in the backyard and practice my irons.

One last thing. Someone on another thread suggested a book, "The Four Agreements". Google it, and read the reviews on Amazon. We may all gain by reading it. I know I will.

Make it a great day today, Marchers!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Editor

Guess what???? It is Sunday morning and someone stole an hour away from me???? My Pop gave me some interesting info on daylight savings time.On the spring change.....It has the highest occurence of heart attacks of any day in the year....A coincidence or is Davo onto these guys....I think the latter. Any who....Nice relaxing weekend with just the boys...Now I have to clean house before mama gets home. Have a great day
Dave
Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks pbc...it was awesome meeting you, too. It was so easy, like I'd known you for a really long time. (Well, I guess I have.) You're very easy to talk to and be with. You dh seemed really nice. A great visit. Work that day 2, girl!

After I spent a couple hours with pbc, I went to the bar with some high school friends to watch my friend's band play. It was ok, but I just wasn't feelin it. Obviously the bar scene isn't the greatest environment, and it was SO loud you couldn't even yell to each other, and having just talked about my drinking problem, it wasn't much fun to see people dancing with their beers above their heads. Ugh. I left before the second set was over and the dh was still awake, so that was nice. It felt SO good to climb in bed.

Bummer on the hour, Dave. Maybe you'll find it come October. That's a very odd heart attack statistic. Really? It's that hard to move your clocks? And if it's not the clocks and just the time loss then people really need to get a grip.

Glad everyone sounds happy and healthy today! I think it's supposed to be warmin up here so super yay!