Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 14

Old 03-08-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Me too. I saw them in concert when they did that reunion tour in around '04ish, I think. It was really neat to see them live.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back to SR full time PBC - I also encourage you to check out newcomers and the latest March thread too

there's a lot of support and wisdom on this site

D
Old 03-09-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hello chenks222ahh! Welcome to SR.

Morning Marchers. Have a ton of billable work to get in the can today.

Husband leaves Saturday night for a week. I'm looking ahead and planning all the fun things I'm going to do so that I will be happy and productive.

Riding the wave!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Editor

Welcome chenks222ahh!
Happy Friday all!
I am kinda bummed about next week.....they flip the switch on us sunday and time magically jumps forward. WTH that aint possible...but "THE MAN" thinks that they own us and can tell us what time it is....I can see them sitting in washington saying.....OK they are getting a little too comfortable.....Lets change the time on them twice a year....that will keep them on their heels.....those guys who like to think too much will be royally screwed. They will fall into a medium income job and we will have a gravy train in taxs until it all derails because we dont govern the security of the nation....we are only here to make money for me and my 3 multi million dollar homes that are necessary to rule over these fools........screw the little people...(said in their heads)
Rant over
DAVe
Old 03-09-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Welcome Chenks!

Get that work in the can, frances! Sorry to hear your guy is travelling again. Do you mind me asking what he does for a living? I'm intrigued by the international travel.

Lol..I love a good rant. Especially over things as conspiratorial and diabolical as daylight savings time. The bastards!!

I'm having "afternoon tea" with me mum today. I bought her a Groupon for her birthday in January, good for an afternoon tea for 2 at a tea shop. (Usually $20/person, got it for $10/person.) It's like a pot of tea, mini-sandwiches, and pastries. Anyway, looking forward to a different lunch experience with my mom.

So I got my first smartphone yesterday! I's smart now! It's so cool. I'm gonna check-in places using foursquare and post it on fb now! Yay, I'm more annoying!! So my son gets my old phone and my dh called his buddy who has twin girls Tony's age (he knows em), so the girls texted Tony last night. You shoulda seen the smile as he's getting the texts and then trying to text them back. I think the dh might be right in Tony's case. Might be good for him to be a little more plugged into peers. He's like me, in that he's not super social, so this is good for him. It was very cute to watch..like a coming of age thing right before your eyes. Now the 10 yr old is excited to turn 13. haha. HIM, I'm not worried about tho. He's beyond his years.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Well done, Mirage. It's their smiles that count, huh?

Dave, I don't think everyone is out to get you...are we, gang?

And the timekeeper should have 3 mansions; one for each US time zone, IMHO.

GTD...getting things done. Stimulating my pre-frontal cortex is good. Yesterday, I was doing busy/physical work in the a.m., and figured I'd listen to some Pandora while I worked. The station was already set to CSNY, so I let it ride. Man, was that a trigger! All I could think of was my freshman year of college, and its associated activities. You know...backgammon and stuff I was actually tingling with memories and desires. Has anyone else ever caught a contact buzz off of music?

You are inspiring me, Frances! Glad your pipeline is full. I'm working on mine. Had a great pep talk from my new GA yesterday, and leave in 10 min to work on my P&C strategic alliance. Looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Editor

It is all to keep me down mirage. Havent you figured that out yet.
OK so I went on my rant this morning...then taking my son to school the song red solo cup comes on...I wanted to go by the gettin place and by a keg of Natural light and a sleeve of red solo cups....WTH? Tell me they are not trying to F with me. "The Man" that is.
Maybe I am "The Man" and I am just trying to get myself. Chew on that one for a while!
I hope that your days are full of Spring time Peace.
I am searching for mine.
Dave
Old 03-09-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Editor

On another note. My new found friend in the department...stopped and talked to me for a while yesterday...it was nice. She asked if I had been to any meetings and suggested a few that have people with a lot of time under their belts....all walks of life. It was nice. She still battles herself as the wind changes. She said that coping with reality is the hardest thing for her. She has done the steps...but nothing has come easy for her. None the less she told me that any time that I was having a hard time that I could come to her and vent. I offered the same to her. I am finding that this is a key for me. A "support system" is the most powerful tool of all....that is one thing I have learned over the last year.....that and the gov't officials of our nation are crooks.
Finding Peace
Dave
Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Editor

We are all wanting to be like you lofty!
Maybe the man is chasing you too.
Dave
Old 03-09-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Husband works for a technology company with Greater NYC as his territory. The international trips are to set up the same tech as the company has in NYC.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Yes, I hear you on the music thing. Sometimes I find it hard to listen to music. I dunno if you remember that I mentioned it a couple months ago when I was trying out my new car radio. Sun was shining, music was loud and then...wait, I don't like the way this feels. Now I want a beer. Sometimes I'm best served listening to talk radio, I swear.

Ok, I'm convinced. They're definitely out to get you, Dave. Stupid red cups.
Nice you found some face to face support if you need it, that's really cool. How is Kelly doing, btw?

Gotcha, frances, thanks..sounds like a cool job!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Editor

Well...she made it a few weeks and then it got the best of her. Her excuse is always that she is not as "strong willed" as me. My response is ...this is the only subject that you are not. It is a choice thing at a certain point for her. I get it. It is not an every night thing now.....Maybe one night on the weekend....and quite honestly...I can deal with that. As long as it is not one of those crosseyed deep six things....Ya know what I mean.
That just kinda repulses me now.
Keepin it real
DAve
Old 03-09-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Lol..yes, I know what you mean. I hate that, too. I did even when I was drinking. I'm glad she's been able to greatly reduce her intake, tho..that's awesome. She'll get there if she wants to in her own time.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Editor

That is exactly what I am going with mirage.....It has to be her own choice and Im OK with that. You seem smarter today for some reason....I cant quite put my finger on it.
DAVe
Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Greetings Class of March 2011...
I have been 'cruising' SR for about 2 weeks or so now, trying to absorb what I can of it. It is a solid sight to check in with to share stories, problems and just be a sponge at times.
A year ago this time I was a broken man. Not sure where to turn or what to do. I prayed a lot for some kind of direction. I had gotten a 3rd DUI & knew I was guilty and faced jail time. I am thankful that all those years of drinking and foolishly driving, I never harmed another person other than my self...("foot prints in the sand").
40 years of drinking and here is where I am. I will be 1 year clean & sober on March 14th and this past year was a real journey.
Pain, remorse, guilt, but at times there was also moments of relief, peace and understanding all thanks to people of AA. I put myself in a rehab as I tried AA years ago & didn't "get it"...I needed someone to walk me through it.
I had a great first sponsor--he kept it real & simple...my current sponsor --oddly enough has the same first name as my first sponsor & they both live on farms (spiritual coincidence?)
I made it through rehab, did 90 & 90....did jail time---God took me to it & God got me through it.
I have not had an obsession to drink in a long time. My struggle is dealing with LIFE, guilt from the past & fear of the future. But little by little it seems to be easier to deal with as time goes on.
I guess a big part of it is that I always knew where I was going and where I would wind up. I don't anymore...But I'm getting used to it one day at a time.
My first year has been a roller coaster ride of emotions. I still do meetings (4 or 5 a week)...see my sponsor every week....I have accepted that this is now my life. The fall from my previous life, jobs, income has been hard to adjust to, but I am trudging through it. I hope you don't mind me joining your class here & sharing from time to time.
This seems like a good place to add to my recovery & I only hope that I can add to someone's also. Thanks
Old 03-09-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Things aren't always what they "seem".

Wait a minute..I think I just dissed myself.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Welcome to the thread and to SR, bryangt! Thanks for sharing your story, I'm so happy for you..it sounds like you've come a long way.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Editor

You know that I was referring to your new phone......right.
Dave
Old 03-09-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Editor

bryangt- I am glad that God opened doors for you to find your way. He is good like that. Sometimes it doesnt seem like it, but I believe we can do anything with his guidance. It is sometimes not the route we want to go.....But go we must.
Peace
Dave
Old 03-09-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

LOL!! NO, I did not catch that. Shoot..I don't think it made me smarter...