Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 14

Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Lol..if that's the criteria, we'd all be gettin a call.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Whew! 8 months today. The first 7 seemed like a breeze compared to this last one. It seemed a little like pushing spaghetti noodles. It was very slow going. But, also very enlightening. I've learned quite a bit, and realized that I have even more yet to learn. So, even though it's been slow-going, it's been a growth month. I'm glad I have you all to share it with. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy 8 months Lofty

D
Old 04-07-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Feel better Mirage! Ice is a wonder treatment if it still hurts bad today.

CONGRATS LOFTY! I'm happy for you.

Last long run this morning before next Sunday's half marathon. 8 miles with my running buddy. Gotta leave in 10 minutes. Here we go!

DEE IS SANTA CLAUS. I'm all in for that one. If Santa is a kind person who reminds us all to be kind and generous and help each other, then that seals it for me.

Happy Easter to Aussie & Dee who are in tomorrow! Happy Easter Saturday to all of us here in today.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

not quite easter sunday yet Frances - but thanks
have a great day gang!

D
Old 04-07-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Yay! Congrats on 8 months, Lofty!!

Have a good run tomorrow, frances!!

Breakfast was really good. Then my folks took the boys to the museum for a bit this afternoon so dh and I went and bought chocolate stuff and I did their baskets and hid em for tomorrow. Hurtin more that I'd like, but I might try a bike ride later, it's so pretty outside.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Congrats, LOFTY! Wooo-hooooooooooooooooooooo!!! That's 2/3 of a year! You ROCK!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
orangutan

Congratulations Lofty your doing great
Old 04-08-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good Morning, Marchers! He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

Happy Easter to all!

This Easter weekend has been just perfect. Perfect weather, great food, great family relationships...I couldn't ask for more. It started with our family tradition of serving at Good Friday tenebrae service, doing the lights and the candles. Yesterday, we got a lot of chores done around the house, and I cooked 3 trays of lasagna and two trays of beef enchiladas, and a huge batch of mexican rice. We like to cook ahead and freeze meals for when we are pressed for time, or when a family in need needs a meal supplied. That's what prompted the cooking; we had given the last batch of lasagna away weeks ago, and our music directors wife had a baby, so we needed to get a meal together. If you are making one, why not make 5? Plus, I really enjoy cooking, and yesterday's marathon got it out of my system. Today will be a simple spiral ham dinner with green beans in bacon, and mashed yams. We'll warm up with stuffed mushrooms and water chestnuts wrapped in turkey bacon. And a spinach salad that could melt your heart. But, that's a relatively easy meal to prepare, so we'll enjoy family time together.

What else made it good? I got to get to my meeting to pick up my 8 month chip after all. I had my weekends confused. It was a great meeting, and we read an ideal chapter for my celebration. Don't know why, but this one feels great, and comes with a whole lot of hope.

We had a fire in the pit last night, and cooked marshmallows. It was a good time with the kids.

Okay...ready for the coolest thing about the weekend? My son and I cut the grass on Thurs to make it nice for the weekend. And it does look nice. Yesterday, I was touring the back yard to take stock of my planting/weeding/landscaping projects and needs, and came upon a patch of fur in the middle of the back yard. Right there in the grass. It was scattered fur. I moved it around with my shoe, and underneath, there was something alive! I thought, great, I've got moles. So I went to get the wrecking bar to get rid of them. When I got back and moved the fur, I found 4 baby rabbits. One, about 4 or 5 inches long, saw me and got up and started hopping around. My heart melted. I coaxed him back to bed and covered them back up. One by one, we all visited the little guys during the day. Then, around dinner time, mama showed up and gave us all a nature lesson when she nursed them. What a treat! In years past, we've had families of robins to bring us into spring by nesting under the deck. This year, we were disappointed that they seem to have abandoned their nests. And now, we're growing Easter bunnies! Pretty cool.

Anyway, this is already too long. I hope everyone has a blessed Easter. Our Saviour is risen, and has saved our lives!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Wow Lofty!! That post was awesome on so many levels!! Glad you're having such a great weekend and I LOVE that bunny story! Dinner sounds incredible! Enjoy your day and Happy Easter everybody!

Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
orangutan

Lofty I am glad you had such a nice Easter and it's great to hear the happiness in your virtual voice !

Nothing to report here just working my butt off still 2 weeks of holidays to go before things settle back into sleepy mode.

Take care all.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning, all.

Dee, is that CSN in your avi? I think I recognize David Crosby.

Hope everyone had a grand Easter. We did. Now it's back to the norm; school's in, work, and daily life. But, with a great sober and spiritual lift.

Enjoy your week, Marchers!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

yep thats the one Lofty - with Floyd sitting in there

D
Old 04-09-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Cool. They are one of my top 5 worldwide, lifelong bands, CSN/CSNY.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Good morning! Thanks for caring for the baby bunnies Lofty. My avi says thank you!

I had a great day yesterday. We hiked with our dear friends at their lake cabin and played with their kids. The farmer who lives up the hill came to join us with their working border collie Pip. She is 8 and very clear in her top-dog status.

Husband and I talked about how wonderful it was to not spending the day with people we love and who love us, enjoying a perfect spring day hiking. I don't miss the toxic, stressful, over-the-top frenzy that I always felt at my sister's house.

After Saturday's 8 mile run, I was burned out. I logged 31 miles and two bootcamps last week. Too much. I rested yesterday (the hike with kids was a stroll) and will again today. Just walking and stretching today.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

ok gang - we continue here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-15-a.html

good night - have a good day!

D