Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 14

Old 03-25-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Aw, that's awesome, frances. Glad it went so well, congrats on another great race!!

(that was the only "race" I could find!)
Old 03-26-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey there, Marchers.

Had an ugly situation develop this weekend that almost caused me to choose to drink. Seems the wife is jealous of you all. Thinks I'm having emotional relationships. She's testing my resolve to preserve my sobriety over ANYTHING else in life. By the grace of God, I kept my vow to myself last night and hit a meeting. But, I've decided to stay away from here until I decide about my marriage. It doesn't seem fair that I have to do all the changing, and now I'm wondering why I don't just change everything and start living the live I deserve.

Have a great week, Marchers. See you soon.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers--

Sorry to hear things are hard Lofty. Glad you held your sobriety. Wishing you the best.

Beautiful bright sunny morning here today.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

So sorry to hear that, Lofty. Stay sober..you deserve that. Your whole family deserves that. Good job last night, hang tough. Good luck!

Bright and sunny here too frances, but a bit colder! Brrr! Not feeling 100% today, just gonna lay low and maybe make some soup. I bought barley for the first time, thought I might add it to some WW veggie soup I make. I got a new blender yesterday! Of course after I decided on one and found it at Sears, I found the same one in PINK on line. Oh, I can take this one back, and don't put it past me. Pink appliances make mirage pretty happy. Anyway, I made a killer smoothie and one recipe I found said to add Greek yogurt so I bought some. It's soooooo delicious, I had no idea! haha I'm excited I know how to make smoothies now. Another way to eat fruit! I know..and veggies, I suppose. I'm not ready to add greens yet.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Congratz on the run Frances! Fond memories of Wildwood back in the day..& Cape May is always lovely & of course more 'laid back' than the 'Woods'...
Worked a few hours Sunday...weekends go by so fast---then I was a speaker @ speaker meeting at a rehab. This was my second time speaking there & I'm booked for a third. I enjoy it. I like talking to the guys there as I was once sitting out there like them & can relate. I feel so relaxed after speaking for some reason--like I've taken a sedative...
Speaking/sharing...much like the AA program itself is the steady drip of water on the stone...it takes a while, but sooner or later that once rough stone becomes smooth.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Nice job with the speaking gig, bryan. What a great way to give back and help yourself at the same time.

Dave..hope you had a good weekend. I thought you should know that I'm expecting the plumber to return in about a half hour, and then have to make an appt. for him to come back and change the cartridge in the shower handle.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Editor

I'm here......just busy as all get out. Wow, You must have a REALLY good plumber.
I will get back in a bit.
Dave
Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Way to go Bryan, that must feel amazing to help out and reach out like that. I really relate to your water on stone comment. That's how I feel about Recovery. When I tried to "GET IT ALL AT ONCE" I always failed. This time I let it happen ODAAT and that's working great for me.

Mirage--YAY YOU for Greek Yogurt. If you sneak in carrots, you won't taste them. Believe it or not, you won't taste spinach either but it makes the smoothie green.

Hullo Dave! Glad you are busy.

Hello everybody else! Dee, Aussie, Becoming, Rebel, PBC, Professor, chime in!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Editor

Ok!
I can breath a little. What a wonderful weekend. The weather was beautiful and the fish were biting. What more could you ask for....except for this stupid fever blister to go away! It hurts like hello operator and reminds me that it is there constantly. Yes mirage it is on my lip where everyone can see and snicker. At this point I dont care what anyone thinks...I just want the pain to go away.

PBC I said this many times and I will say it again......... keep on keepin on.

Lofty...I pray that life is what you want it to be. You are awesome. I am glad we have a special relationship. As you know...this not an easy task. There are many difficult decisions to be made. I pray that God will guide you and protect you on your journey.

PLH
Dave
Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Editor

mirage watch out for that Geek yogurt....It might rub off on ya!
J/K of course....I love it myself.
DAve
Old 03-26-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Ahh ... what happened was that I wanted it too much. It built up over several days and got worse and worse and I caved. We went out and sat together at one of our favorite little local places and each had 2. And then, of course, I'd already blown it so I had some the next night, too. Then yesterday I picked something up mid-afternoon and had it before taking a nap.

So, that makes today day 1.

Lofty, I'm so sorry about what you're going through. You've made some really great strides in your life, though, and I know you'll continue in those. VERY cool about chairing your meeting!

Mirage, now we need to get together again so I can take a new picture of you with your pink hair. You know, if you change it every month or so we could just make it a standing date. Did you enjoy your plumber? And how's the soup? I love barley in soups ... I always keep a box in the cupboard. (this week's meeting topic is on fiber ... barley is a good source of that! I am now a fiber PRO.)

Frances, that's so awesome (and so YOU) that you and your friends stayed and cheered on the other racers. What are you speaking on tomorrow? Are you pretty comfortable speaking in front of groups?

Dave, I'm glad you had a nice fishing weekend! And about that herpes ... um ... probably don't want to have your wife kiss it better. Here's hoping it heals quickly and completely.

Bryan, very cool about you speaking, too! Boy, we're all going to be a bunch of motivational speakers! We could go on tour! Ha!

I'll be on tv again Thursday, talking about Spring Break Travel Tips. I'll post it on fb, as always, if anyone would like to watch. Then next week I'm on ABC's morning show, which is one that I've only done once before. Then the week after I'm back on FOX.

In talking with my territory manager today about the trainings I ran last week, we've decided that we're going to try something new. Starting April 10, I'm going to run a weekly 30 minute conference call for staff where they can call in and ask me program questions. We're going to call it "Questions with Lisa" or something like that ... anyone have a better title idea? There are a lot of people who could really benefit from a bit more program knowledge, and of course our members will reap the benefits.

Anyway, that's enough rambling for me for now. Thank you all for your encouragement! Hugs all around!
Old 03-26-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
orangutan

Lofty,I hope you can sort things out with your wife so you can still come here and post ,it wouldn't be the same if you couldn't.

Mirage I am dying to see you with PINK hair.

PBC have you got your results yet?

Frances it sounds like you have found a great community with running.

Struggling again here. I have been going over and over things in my head and keep coming back to WTF. Reason why I should not drink .....
1. I still have not sorted out my health (and this is the main thing keeping me sober) I want to have given myself a long stretch without alcahol in my system before my next blood test , my liver function should be coming down.
2.My drinking was causing problems in my marriage and I don't want to loose that, I love my husband dearly.
But I am just not enjoying life sober for most of the time I am miserable and lonely , I can't join in with whats going on around me because it involves drink . You all have some outside interest going on or have a musical talent or just live somewhere that you can go to the movies or shop I have to travel to do any of those things, I have anxiety driving which makes it even harder . I know I have told you all this before, it's just where I am at, at the moment. Thanks for listening.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Editor

Huggssssss aussie! paradise can be lonely sometimes and very conducive to drinking. I feel your pain. Do your best and keep movin forward.
Dave
Old 03-26-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Editor

Thanks PBC......Of course I chased her around just to mess with her.....It made the pain go away for a couple of seconds.
Dave
Old 03-26-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can work it out Lofty - you've come a long way and I think it's fair to attribute at least some of that to SR - and heck, you're part of the furniture here, man

I'm glad you're back PBC - maybe it's time to think about what you might do next time it builds up and up?

I'm not trying to nag you - I just want you to be free of this nonsense

I'm on the sick list again - fell heavily and hit my head quite hard - I was shopping, remembered something I need...I turned.... but my bad leg didn't get the memo lol

I'm ok - I think, but expect a lower level presence from me for a few days.

D
Old 03-26-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
orangutan

Get well Dee.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Dave..lol, yes my plumber is awesome! So awesome that he keeps comin back to fix the stuff he already did. Between that and PBC asking if I enjoyed my plumber, I'm crackin up. Your weekend sounds great! My dh has been out fishing a lot lately and is gettin ticked. The other guys in the boat are catching walleye, but he's not. I find it mildly amusing..he, however, does not. I'm sorry you have a boo boo on your lip. I hope it heals very soon. If it doesn't, I'll come down there and kick it's ask me no more questions.

Aussie...dang it girl, I hate to hear you're struggling again. There HAS to be a way for your mind to realize that you're not missing anything by not drinking. You can do everything you did before. You can go to parties, you can go to bars, the only thing that's changed is your drink of choice. You now choose healthier drinks that don't make your head hurt the next day and don't damage your vital organs. Who needs that sh*t?? Not you. Not me. Not the Marchers. It's BS, aussie, and you don't need it to have a good time. You just need to believe that. I want you to be sober and HAPPY about it!! Have you ever read the Allen Carr book? He does do a good job of explaining how we're brainwashed into thinking drinking does something positive for us, and tries to reverse that line of thinking. It's worth a read, it might help. I recommended this to PBC, too. It's just a different way of looking at drinking and it helps to de-glamorize it, like we tend to do. Believe me...the urge strikes me, too. It's not like I'm immune to it. I just try to push it out of my head right away and tell it to p*ss off. I remember how awful I felt, how much I cried, how much I wanted to just be different and not someone who wanted to drink every night. I don't want to go back there. I want to be proud of quitting. I AM proud. I got drunk for 25 years. I need to be done. I just want you to feel good about your decision, too. :ghug3

PBC...the barley was good! Glad you're still here, a lot of what I wrote to aussie applies to you, too. Don't give up.

frances...yes, I wanna try spinach in it, too. Have to get to the store!

Dee..aw poop. Stupid leg. Feel better soon, we love you!!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Aussie, I wish I could bring you home with me and feed you delicious food and take you to a funny movie and get a pedicure together and giggle and go for a bike ride by the lake and introduce you to lots of new friends and just BE. I hear your heart hurting ... I'm praying for you right now. All the stuff Mirage posted is truth. I'm certainly not walking the walk, but I recognize truth when I read it. And another truth is that you are loved. We might be around the world, but we're right here.

Dee, I'm so sorry about your fall. How are you feeling? Did you have a concussion? I wish I knew how to answer your question, but right now I really don't. From what I've read, the cravings are supposed to be fleeting and become fewer, not just the opposite. I'll keep thinking about it. Do you have any suggestions? I didn't buy anything for tonight, so that's something.

Dave, hee hee hee! I can so totally picture you chasing her around the house! At WW, we call those "Activity Points".

Mirage, you're "crackin' up"? <-- another plumber joke? HA HA!!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Oh, and Aussie, I don't have any formal results. But, the people who did the tests said that it looks like cysts, not cancer. (there are 7) The doctor is supposed to call me in a week or so. A few people have told me that caffeine is a factor in these cysts, which ticks me off to no end. Can't I have ANY vices????

I've reduced my intake to just have a couple cups each morning, instead of the pot or 2 that I've been drinking for so long. I am NOT going to give it up completely unless I absolutely have to.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

my cravings weren't fleeting and they didn't become fewer for a while, PBC...I wish I had some patented short cut but I don't - I found it darn hard work for a while to stay sober...but I knew the alternative wasn't what I wanted, and I had faith I was doing the right thing no matter what the short term hardships...I definitely encourage you to keep trying

I'm ok - I don't seem to have any ill effects - mostly just scared myself - I have a fear that one day I won't bounce back from a fall - but I can't stop living either

I'm really sorry I missed your post aussie - I really think the greater part of recovery for me was learning to find other solutions to my problems, and learning to be happy with being sober...it took a while...not wanting to pout anyone but for me most of my first year was a struggle...but so was my old drinking life too

I really hope you'll find your way to Happiness aussie

D