Notices

Class Of March 2012

Old 03-06-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would drink all day everyday...this went on for years - I'd stop when I got sick or ran out of money...

and when I started to feel a little better I'd still question whether I had a problem ....

I hope tomorrows a better day ewo

D
Old 03-06-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm on a vitamin B complex, Thiamine and Folic acid. I think these are the vitamins you loose the most when you're drinking but it's also to help a nerve problem. Very high doses so seeing as Vit B is supposed to keep you calm I'm expecting to feel very Zen. I occasionally question that too ewo but I think you're right, your mind is playing tricks on you, or it's your alcoholic voice. I'm not going to pretend to know anything about how to tackle that yet but I will learn! x
Old 03-06-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

I generally recommend people speak with a medical professional before messing with doses hypo, even of vitamins.

I used to think more of something was better (what? me alcoholic? lol) but it's not always true - too much of some kinds of vit B, for example, can actually be dangerous.

Not telling anyone what to do, just putting it out there

D
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

My doc gave me the vitamins Dee so I'm hoping it's ok. Though I know what you mean. Apparently Vit B can cause numbness which is exactly what it's supposed to be treating on me!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries - I made myself very sick playing Dr Dee so it's one of my 'things' LOL

D
Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

hey march people!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Emergen-C packets have helped me a ton. Walking around the Wal-Mart at 3am seemed to help some too. I think exercise bike is next!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Checking in at the end of day 1. I'm looking forward to getting a good night's sleep (I'm hopeful anyway.) My body is so tired.

Off to drink by herbal tea and enjoy a fruit bar. Then off to bed with a good book. That's the way a day should end and I always feel so good about it. I still can't figure out why I return to poisoning my body at the end of a perfectly good day. It makes no sense but I guess that's addiction.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
ewo

Good job on making it through day 1, Sarah! Tea & a good book sounds nice! Tomorrow will be a great day!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
ewo

End of day 6 and it was a rough one. I was home sick so I was feeling yucky, lazy, and spent too much time second guessing myself about some stuff. But I think I've got it all sorted out. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day! Actually, I know it will be because I won't be stuck in my pajamas all day - I've got people to see, places to go, and things to do! Goodnight everyone
Old 03-06-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Paradox, Humor, Change

You can do it March Class of 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am praying for you!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Quit the 26th of Feb so 10 days for me so far. anxiety is through the roof and my concentration levels are non existent. Strangly have no urge to drink though ( so far ) . Hopefully in another few days my mind will feel sharp and alert again
Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Greetings Marchers!!

I have been reviewing this site several times a day for seven days. I guess I should be in Febuary since my last drink and cigarette was Febuary 27th. However, I don't think I really made the choice that this behavior can not continue till March. This site is incredible!!! In checking in and reading the stories I feel stronger everyday! Thank you for pointing out life can be more and far better than I have been allowing!! This is a great help and a step in the right direction. Thank you! Keep on Marching Marchers!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:58 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
ewo

Hey Jennx! Welcome! I also quit both cigarettes and alcohol! Check in here daily to keep us posted with how you're doing. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning, class. Feeling really good and positive this morning...thankful for that.

On to day 2 and I know that I will not drink today.

Welcome, JennX. Soberman, thanks for your prayers! Tryingtoquitnow, congrats on 10 days. I hope your anxiety lifts soon.

ewo, glad you're feeling better!

Have a great day all!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
ewo

It's a new day today and I'm feeling great! I'm heading out to get a bunch of stuff done today (that I'm excited about) - including signing up for ballet! HAHA! I must be feeling good (or I'm just plain crazy)!! Anyway, when I get back I'm going to post some advice/quotes that I've gotton from others on SR that has been really helpful for me - and hopefully it will be helpful to you too!

I hope everyone has a great day!
-ewo
Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Feeling better today, still don't want to drink...at least for a while, but I'm also remembering that while I do have some problems with drinking Ive never ever thought "oh i could really use a drink right now" from beign sad or stressed or anything. i generally just drink in social situations and then have a hard time not drinking too much. So, that of course, is a problem, but I realized I don't have to be obsessive about this all the time, because doing so might actually drive me to want to drink (the whole wanting what you cant have thing) i just need to have my head on straight about why i dont want to drink when i am in those situations where others might be drinking aorund me and offer me some. i really dont want this to consume me because i am the exact type that if i feel like i cant do something, then ill want to do it all the time just to know i can, not because i actually necessarily want to do whatever the prohibited activity is. im having a hard time thinking of this as a choice over a "i cant" type thing.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
ewo

Laura - the addict mind does funny things to a persons thoughts! Just hang in there and get through today. Today is all you have to worry about right now. And as for drinking, techinically, you can have a drink whenever you want - but you're wise enough to know that it leads to not so good consequences, so that's why you choose not to have a drink! Right? Just a thought.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
ewo

Today is going great so far! Here is some of the wisdom and advice I've picked up on SR since I joined. I hope it helps!

This is from Terminally Unique: "I would encourage you to consider yourself a normal person who never drinks. In other words, if you don't drink, you don't have a problem, but if you do drink, you probably will have a problem. This should simply things greatly for you, and quickly dispel any nagging questions."

This is from Soberlicious who practices Metta (it's similar to a prayer but no diety is involved - it means "loving kindness" and is practiced in Buddhism):

May I be safe from inner and outer harm
may my body be healthy and strong
may my heart be full of joy
may my mind be filled with ease

You can change it up however it suits you.

Anyway, I hope some of you can find these things useful! Have a great day!

-ewo
Old 03-07-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome jennx

D