Old 03-04-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Want to live free

One more day down. Feeling crappy.
and sad.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

ewo
YES on the fatigue. it's getting better. trying to roll with it.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:47 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Rochele, so sorry to hear you lost your dad. I lost mine 10 years ago and the following year was a bit of a drunken haze. It's a horrible thing to go through but I'd imagine sobriety may take the edge off some of the depression a bit.

Ewo, I can't stop sleeping but am loving it. It was one of my fears that I wouldn't be able to sleep without alcohol so long may it last
Old 03-05-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
ewo

I really don't mind the sleepiness either. My body is probably just trying to catch up from all my late nights of drinking! I was never a napper before and could never understand how people could nap, but I get it now and it's kind of nice! I didn't have time to do it before but now that I've stopped drinking a lot of free time has opened up in my schedule!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Back on my seemingly never ending string of day ones, and have all afternoon been kicking around the idea of drinking because "it makes it all go away". I just have to remember it just makes me stupid and tired and freak out the next morning. Glad to see other people trying/making it though good on you!

INH
Old 03-05-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Are you doing AA or any other programs to help INH?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

have all afternoon been kicking around the idea of drinking because "it makes it all go away"
I think what really makes it go away is dealing with whatever it is we drink over INH.
It's not quick and it's not especially comfortable but it is way worth it.

I really had to retrain my mind off focusing on the short term and on to the long term, y'know?

D
Old 03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
ewo

INC - The best part about not drinking ever again is that you don't have to deal with the internal struggle of whether you should or should not drink! If you don't drink anymore, the answer is simply "No"! Easier said than done, but it's something to think about! Also, what helps me is taking it one day at a time. Every morning when I wake up I say to myself "I will not drink today". Good luck to you! You can do it!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
ewo

**off topic** (sorry) is there a picture under my name? Because I don't see it but there should be one there! thanks
Old 03-05-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone! I'm on day 18 of my newly sober life and I was doing surprisingly good-no real urges. Until last week... I have been very irritable and depressed; my dog was killed by a car last Monday and I was there and still just can't believe that happened.

I've been keeping myself busy working outside and whatever I can do to stay focused to not drink but I keep wondering will I be able to "never" have a drink again. I know I want to quit for good but I guess I need to think about the consequences of my actions after I've been drinking and that may keep me on track.

I'm set to see a therapist in April- it can't come soon enough.

Let's stay strong everyone! I hope you all are having a good day.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

according to me you don't have an avatar at all ewo - you have a profile pic but that's not the same

D
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
ewo

Hi Marchers! Where are you? I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

count me in, march 6th, my mom's birthday! im overwhelmed but lets do it!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm in.

Yesterday was day 1.

Today will be day 2, and I'm cool with that.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 1
Hello Marchers, I humbly come to a new class again (I have been in several now) and look forward to joining you all in the journey of sobriety.

I have been a wine drinker for 10 years now(a bottle most nights) and I promised myself in January that I would not drink in my 40's. Well, I turned 40 and I have still been drinking. I'm done. I am going to be truly committed to my decision to never drink again. I will do whatever it takes to beat this addiction.

I look forward to getting to know the March class.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
ewo

Everyone should check in here in the morning and again before bed - it might help us stay focused and committed. Just a thought...
Old 03-06-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Well I made it through my first weekend sober, prob the first in 12 years. And I have been given the OK from my doctor regards withdrawals and a big pile of extra strong vitamins. It was the first time I think that I mentioned how long I had been drinking...the doc looked kinda shocked and for the first time mentioned AA. I don't think they took me seriously before but I didn't mention how long I'd been drinking to that extent and they never asked. Everything going fine so far just waiting for my RR book to arrive...
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
ewo

Good to hear, Hypo! What kind of vitamins are you taking? I started taking liquid B-complex when my anxiety developed and it has really helped! Of course, not drinking helps the most!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome sarah aggieland and laura

D
Old 03-06-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
ewo

So I have to admit...up until today I have been feeling great and going strong (I'm on day 6), but today, for some reason (maybe it's because I'm feeling under the weather), I'm starting to question whether or not I truly have a drinking problem. I know it's just my mind trying to play tricks on me but the tug of war is tiring me out mentally. I realize that not everyday can be a good day, so I will just focus on getting myself through today and hope that tomorrow will be better. I should go for a run...