SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of March 2012 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/250284-class-march-2012-a.html)

Tobo 03-21-2012 11:55 PM

INH, good luck with the job today. You've done the best you can upto here so have faith it will work out well in the end.

Btw, why am I awake?

jstar 03-22-2012 12:50 AM

Hi all! It's after midnight where I am so I've made it to day 6! Woo Hoo! I think this is the longest stretch of days put together in a long time! Withdrawals are annoying like night sweats which i've been told by my Dr is my body detoxing (ewww), some insomnia and getting agitated easily. I've been going to AA meetings & just got a sponsor which i'm thrilled about so I can start being accountable to someone else....cause I was not keeping myself in line! I am feeling nervous though my last several attempts i only made it through day 3, 4 or 5 before giving in to myself. I've been really trying to be positive...but my mind keeps planning out ways or ideas to cheat..."just one" I think, then I want to kick myself! I hope I stay in the March 2012 club!
:c031:

Dee74 03-22-2012 02:14 AM

Like I've been known to say jstar - don't hope...just do :c031:

feeling-good 03-22-2012 02:55 AM

Hi - just checking in - I haven't got time right now to send the messages I would really like to, but know I am thinking about you all and hoping that all the things that are going on right now will turn out well for everyone.

I'm on day 20 - yippee! I feel really good about that and by midnight tomorrow that will be a full 3 weeks. I think about alcohol at times but I really don't feel any cravings as such. It feels good to be facing every day without the drink.

I'm still going through the emotional ups and downs, though - one day seems like really hard work, the next seems much easier, then repeat - I think it's partly just me - I'm like that or something. Tomorrow I go to my GPs for a regular depression etc review and I can't wait to tell her I am in AA! Got to go - must get some work done - lol!

6palms 03-22-2012 04:50 AM

Day 4 in the books...so far just tired and annoyed

Sound familiar? I have been very diligent about breaking up my after work time with activities to get out of the house and am finding that it's amazingly simple...my wife and kids are more than happy to do something fun in the evening, it was just me and my boring, beer drinking a$$ that wanted to come home and "relax". Last night was skateboarding and shooting hoops with my son at our community park...one hour later, I was past the "bewitching hour" and the rest of the night fell into place.

My AV did try an end run on me tho...I am going to bed at the same time as my wife instead of staying up for hours drinking beers by myself and she is "adjusting" to it slowly, the big deal is the TV...she has gotten in the habit of falling asleep with the tv on then hours later when I would slush into bed, I would turn it off. I can't sleep with the tv on so I ask her to turn it off, and she gets mad..."this is how I fall asleep!" she says. So last night my AV whispers to me,"she doesn't even appreciate that you stopped drinking and are coming to bed early. You might as well be having a couple of beers in the other room while she falls asleep, you know you can't sleep with that damn tv on anyway."

You sneaky little sh!t...No, she put up with my crap for so long that I can watch tv for 30 more minutes till she falls asleep....nice try tho. :a043:

KaPuka 03-22-2012 04:58 AM

Stressful day today at work, so went to the gym after work. GREAT move. Felt so good and stress free after it. My bewitching hours ar 5-8, so I think I know how to keep going down the sober road! (Well I hope so, never seem to get far like you guys that kick ass at this, but this will hopefully be the time) So right now chilling out, watching Law and Order SVU and about to go to bed. Sober living is soo much better....

Love reading all these posts....Keep it up Marchers :)

Really4Real 03-22-2012 06:32 AM

Marvelous Morning Merry Marchers... I know I'm annoying ;)

Anyway, WELCOME to 6P, jstar and FGM!! Glad you're here!

DG - Glad the interview went well :)

Desert... how in the world does someone mess up on piercing their ear?? I did most of mine myself had 17 once in my former life - cut it down to 6, but I'm not a guy....

SNS... I was going to say the same thing as Dee about giving it time. With three weeks in I still don't really want to be around it, but I can tolerate it... just give me a diet root beer....

Tobo... yeah, I agree - stop thinking about it and just do it for today.

Yeah, Dee... this time it kicked me off in the middle of reading! Blah... oh well, such is life in cyberland...

Have a great day everyone!

desertsong 03-22-2012 06:51 AM

lol @ R4R ... you'd have to know my son. ;)

Beautiful chilly morning here ... clear blue skies. Woke up this morning to a herd of elk on the hill up behind our house. It's things like that that make me so grateful to be alive and to be sober. Sitting here with a cup of coffee and watching them it's almost like they are there just for me. :)

Wishing all of you a happy, sober Thursday.

jobei 03-22-2012 07:17 AM

Good morning everyone!!! Tomorrow will be 3 weeks without a drink for me... things have ALREADY gotten a lot better... I wonder how much better it can get?! I'm sure life will throw me some curveballs so I'm just looking for them so that I'm ready to handle them. I haven't posted much lately but I'm still hear reading your posts and I like what I'm reading! Take care and you will all be in my prayers!

FamilyGuyFan 03-22-2012 08:19 AM

And on to day 4...

Hi All,

Thanks for all the support and welcomes! It's nice to hear everyone's stories.

I played volleyball last night and that is usually followed by the gang going to our Vball sponsored pub. I decided to go and the bartender automatically brought me a "new" bottle of wine even though I didn't ask for it. Oh well, I can leave it there for one of my friends.

I sat there with the gang for over an hour nursing a splash and I was fine, I didn't want it and nobody cared. I'm so proud of myself.

So you know, I have gone without it for long periods of time when I'm on a diet etc... but I really thought the fact that I'd been drinking so much more this past year (or 2?) that it would affect me much more (you know nervous system stuff) such that I'd really get sick with DTs or something.

I'm noticing that my breath has a different smell, which is prob DT. I also noticed that when I brushed my teeth last night my toothbrush tasted/smelled of alcohol. (hmmm velly intellesting....)

Anyway, I'm relieved that I've made it this far without much incident and feeling more confident as each day passes. Now, it's time for me to begin focusing on those "problems" I've been avoiding. :c031:

Wish me luck & Good luck to all of you too!

LCFF 03-22-2012 09:28 AM

Came across this thread and feel that it was just fate. I am currently on my 4th day of no drinking. I have a varied drinking story: started in high school, continued in college and graduate studies, continued through now – married with kiddos. There is no one moment where drinking has been something that was an issue for me or my loved ones, but I have always probably been known to be one of the folks that drank more than the rest, didn’t eat at a dinner party when everyone else did because I was still drinking and “visiting” with everyone else, and the list could go on and on.

Currently, the weekly consumption can vary, but was generally a few drinks most if not every weeknight (couple of beers and a couple shots) while my Wife took her bath and I played with the kids shooting hoops, etc. The weekends, mostly, would be about double my weekday consumption and perhaps even more on special occasions.

I have wanted to slow down, and have at times, but now I want to quit for a while, if not permanently. I had some weird symptoms the first two days (dreams, not being able to sleep, etc.) but was ok yesterday. I also think that once I fall asleep, that I am sleeping much better.

I have a good amount of weight I want to lose and become more fit. I have done different things to make this happen, except give up the hooch. This time, I am giving up the hooch and hope tp have some physical benefits as well as anything else that may happen positively.

JustBreath 03-22-2012 09:29 AM

My last drink was on 03/11/12.. Working on Day 11 today and I have tryed on my own for years to stop.
This site is packed with amazing resources, ideas and people.
You guys are just great and I want to say thank you to all of you. You all are angels :ghug3

Dee74 03-22-2012 02:55 PM

welcome JustBreath and LCFF :)

D

InsertNameHere 03-22-2012 03:03 PM

Well I didn't get fired or even get my ass chewed. I think that the guy realized my personality type and kinda took it easy on me. He did mention that I need to find a balance in my proffesional and personal life, haha all my personal life consisted of was drinking alone in my house and watching movies/playing computergames. Now I am staying at work not because I fear going home but because I know there is nothing for me to do there, at least nothing I can't do here. As a final thought I am Sooooo looking forward to getting some quality sleep tonight I am sure that lack of sleep is driving my body nuts.

it will be time for bed shortly have a good one everyone.

Bluebird1927 03-22-2012 03:03 PM

Glad to see lots of people doing well.My exgirlfriends son got through his six hour op OK so I can start to move on again now. 20 days for me, feeling OK, will feel much better once this break up is out of my system. All I know is that it would be ten times worse was I drinking
Keep up the good work :)

DowntownNYC 03-22-2012 03:29 PM

I'm on day four (I drank all day Sunday, and have not drank since). I followed this exact same pattern last week (drank all day Sunday, stopped Monday), but got a terrible headache on Thursday afternoon at work. I made it till about 9 pm last Thursday. Then I decided to buy a six pack of Budweiser. I "only" had 5 that night (which to a non-drinker is a lot, but to me was nothing) but then the weekend came and another endless bender.

Now the headache is back, and I'm just hoping to make it until tomorrow morning. Whatever happens, thanks for sharing your stories. Maybe they will spell the difference between last Thursday and today.

Healthyfood 03-22-2012 04:10 PM

I did not even realize but its day 52 today! How cool is that!

Tobo 03-22-2012 04:16 PM

Ive just. Evoke so angry and am very close to saying screw it. I started thinking about my home and how it's lost value and worth much less than I owe on it. This sent me into a downword mental spiral where I got pissed about all sorts of things in my life. I want to burn this damn house down. My life was so much better two years ago when I had a better job( got laid off) a beautiful girlfriend ( got dumped) and didn't have these ****** substance issues at the forfront( friends and family forced an intervention). I want to seriously beat the **** out of something. I want to go buy a 12 pack so badly and smoke some weed. I know it will make me feel better and chill out. I m tired of taking myself so seriously and just want to have fun and not think

Tobo 03-22-2012 04:44 PM

I know realize that my last post was auto corrected a bunch by my iPad. Figures, kinda the way things go for me. I'm just you can get the meaning of it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some beer. This is stupid to deprive myself of something I want and deserve

Dee74 03-22-2012 04:48 PM

if your substance abuse issues bought you to where you are - and are making you angry and resentful and p'ed at all the bad things that have happened - how is drinking/drugging going to help, Tobo?

D