SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of March 2012 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/250284-class-march-2012-a.html)

KaPuka 03-20-2012 04:31 AM

Nothing beats going for a run, then coming home to watch tv sober and have an early one! I did slip a while back but making a go of this sober thing. Sober kicks Drunk in the ass every time! ( ps, I slipped up last time, meaning I have exercise as my distraction, and it would NOT stop raining. Instead I cracked open a wine :( IDIOT! Anyway back on track,racking up sober days in my diary (where I keep a track of all the things I want to get right like Exercise, How much I had spent etc...)
Good times are here :)

Dee74 03-20-2012 04:43 AM

welcome back KaPuka :)

D

InsertNameHere 03-20-2012 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by KaPuka (Post 3327522)
meaning I have exercise as my distraction, and it would NOT stop raining. Instead I cracked open a wine

Back when i ran every day with a group it didn't matter if it was rain or shine we went anyway, sometimes it is really nice to run in the rain. Also if you have any dirt roads or something like that it gives you an excuse to get a little dirty :09:

going to be a long day/night for this guy but no biggie its not like I have anything else to do. Eventually when I get a break from work I will be able to catch up on my sleep and maybe even (Gasp) fix my beloved computer. That ought to fix a majority of my isolation issues. Then I just need to make sure that it dosen't distract me too much from what I want to do as far as excersize and my run goal. Maybe even if I am feeling extra dedicated getting some classes in, but I will hold off on that till I get at least a little stabilized in my life, and being sober.

Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing well.

zaxx 03-20-2012 10:19 AM

On the subject of Ecigarettes... one blew up in this guys mouth and took some teeth, part of his tongue, lots of burns and a fire in his office... Electric Cigarette Explodes in Fla. Man's Face - ABC News

I have one I use when in situations I can't smoke in. You save a lot when you refill em yourself. That story is pretty crazy though...

DisplacedGRITS 03-20-2012 12:21 PM

Day 13 and feeling wonderful! I've been doing a stellar job of staying on my meds. Missed my 10 AM group (overslept) but made it to a noon women's group. We had a first step meeting and i really enjoyed it. I may go to an evening meeting if i feel like it. I a, so grateful for a beautiful day, wonderful fellowship and my sobriety. No desire to drink what so ever. Happy Tuesday everyone!

DreamingDog 03-20-2012 01:02 PM

Just wanted to come back and say I'm kind of back at the beginning. I had three beers Saturday and three beers Sunday. It's kind of funny actually. I enjoyed the buzz for like an hour tops and then I started to feel a bit of anger and other negative feelings. I think it has to do with me knowing I shouldn't really be drinking. Guilt and all that.

I don't want to discourage anyone though. I've been back and forth with these little sober spurts several times over the past two years. Getting sober can be done. I think my biggest mistake was not going to any meetings. I kept saying I would and then blew it off because I wanted to sleep in or because I had to work. Basically, I was just making excuses not to go.

Stay focused everyone. You guys are all doing great.

Dee74 03-20-2012 02:34 PM

Don't close the book on recovery DD - you can start again :)

D

sarah1414 03-20-2012 06:46 PM

Dreaming dog, Keep at it. We are all here for you, and we are all here for one reason only; to kick the addiction once and for all. We can do this. We just have to stay the course.

Displaced, so glad you are reaping the benefits of sobriety!

InsertNameHere 03-20-2012 08:37 PM

Wheeeooo man playing catchup is kicking my butt. I have been surviving on a 2-4 hours of sleep a night, and trying to maintain the illusion of preparedness/knowing what the heck I am doing :). I think the guy inspecting is starting to get the idea of what is going on around here. (not my past drinking just the bad job at my job) so the next couple of days should be interesting. I will have to work straight throught the weekend again so at least I will be occupied :). Tomorrow/today is going to be another long one, and I am not sure how it is going to go we shall see. People say that when they come clean with thier faults it is freeing, and I am a worry wart so maybe when it is all said and done and he tells me what I have to do to fix all of it, I will feel better to have let go and admitted everything, followed by him giving me a list of things that have to be accomplished in order to fix whatever discrepencies he finds. I already have a task list due to him by monday, so hopefully with my guys help we will get it all done. I am startging to realize that the guys that work for me are just as much lazy butts as I have been latley and that is my fault as well as I have been just letting them do thier thing, and thier thing turns out not to be thier jobs ;). Trying not to let it get to me as much as possible though.

On a positive note the crazy amount of eating that happened initially has subsided wuite a bit, any more I have to remind myself to eat a little more sometimes throught the day. I have been drinking a lot of water, coffee and a redbull every so often to keep me awake and alert. I also have lost a little weight and gotten back to where I like to be at 180 pounds (i'm 5' 11") I still have a little pudge in the stomach region and am looking to get rid of that and put a little muscel on these bones of mine eventually. I was around 195 for a long time and didn't like it much, though if it was muscel instead of fat I could learn to live with it :).

To all of you that are sticking around congragulations!! Most of you have more sover time than me so don't give it up!

@R4R, I can't imagine what that is like I don't have much in the way of family anymore and haven't seen most of them in years, so I don't have to really deal with family drama much I hope it all works out for you.

@DDog, While I am not trying to condone drinking I would have been glad back a few weeks ago that those three beers didn't turn into 15-20. I couldn't ever stop at just 3, once I had that in me even if I had ran out, I would go get more. I guess it is all about what you want to do, meaning if having those beers bothered you then you know what you need to do. I know it took me a long time to get comfortable with quiting completley but once I did (a little over a week ago) it felt great. I can't wait for this week to be over so I can sleep and start working out, so I can feel what life is like again without alcohol and with some healthy practicises.

Feelingdown, phil, KaPuka, great job all of you keep it up! I will if you will (well actually I will anyway but uuuummmm well just keep it up darn it ;)

Well this is turning into one of my patented rants that I usually post on my personal thread, but I have been wandering away from that latley. Have a fun and productive Wednesday everyone!!!

tryingtoquitnow 03-20-2012 08:47 PM

24 hours -> 24 days!

starsnskies 03-20-2012 09:18 PM

Day 10 double digits baby...feeling good. Did anybody of you guys eat more after you quit drinking the first 3-5 days?

InsertNameHere 03-20-2012 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by starsnskies (Post 3328590)
Day 10 double digits baby...feeling good. Did anybody of you guys eat more after you quit drinking the first 3-5 days?

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere (Post 3328548)
On a positive note the crazy amount of eating that happened initially has subsided wuite a bit, any more I have to remind myself to eat a little more sometimes throught the day.

Oh yeah especially first thing in the morning. I used to skip breakfast entirely and just drink water to recover. Now in the morning I am actually hungry and have to get some amount of food in me, but that first few days I would attack the fridge with a ravenous hunger practicaly shoveling food into my mouth. It has subsided by now though.

I think I am either right with you on the day count or one day behind but either way good job there Stars.

Really4Real 03-21-2012 04:09 AM

Happy Wednesday!

KP... bummer about the wine thing... but sounds like you're bouncing back... very :c006:

INH... I can't wait until it's warm enough to actually run in the rain... I LOVE it. It's just refreshing, as long as it's not pelting me ;) What is your run goal?

Thanks for sharing that stuff about the ECigs, Zaxx.... I'm responsible for safety at 4 four facilities... I think I'll share that will them. Also, my husband said that the owner was going around the other day at his shop and someone was 'smoking' one an he did a double-take. Guess there's no rule against those in the shop... yet!

DG!! Welcomes to two weeks!! YEA!!!

DD - Don't be so down on yourself. The past was yesterday and the days before. Today is a new day. I've starting again many times. The point is keep getting up until your sober 'legs' are strong enough to hold you. For now, we'll help keep you on your feet :)

Hey.... Sarah - How goes it???

SNS... I usually ate more after I quit drinking... but this time I purposed that I was going to do that cleanse thing... so the eating more was fruits and veggies, chicken and stuff like that. It's not that harsh of a cleanse but it is 30 days long. Long enough to start a new lifestyle, not just a health 'kick'! Way to go on the double digits!!!! Right now it's basically just an orange and/or oatmeal for breakfast. Apple for a snack and salad for lunch. I eat basically chicken, fish, veg soup, tofu or things along that line for dinner. Made a meatloaf out of ground turkey that was pretty good over the weekend.

Today marks 3 weeks for feeling wonderful!

Gotta get to work... have a really great day my friends!

Really4Real 03-21-2012 04:10 AM

Dee..... WHY does this keep kicking me off??? I usually copy what I write before I hit 'post'... last time I didn't ... this time I did :) But it's a little annoying.

Dee74 03-21-2012 04:24 AM

The site seems to be a little wonky for a lot of people right now R4R...until the techies fix it it's probably best to write long posts in wordpad or whatever first, then cut and paste.

sorry for any inconvenience guys but there's nothing any of us here can do about it - it's a technical issue.

D

InsertNameHere 03-21-2012 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Really4Real (Post 3328768)
INH... I can't wait until it's warm enough to actually run in the rain... I LOVE it. It's just refreshing, as long as it's not pelting me ;) What is your run goal?

There is a loop around the neiborhood that I haven't measured exactly but is around 15-17 Km I want to be able to put on my camel back start my Ipod on led zepplin and run the whole thing. I don't care how slow or fast but just to do it.

itchy166 03-21-2012 05:29 AM

Seven days without a drink makes one weak. Day 7.

lilac0721 03-21-2012 06:10 AM

Haven't checked in for a couple of days and looks like I have some catching up to do. Hope everyone is well! Happy Wednesday!

Phils69 03-21-2012 06:22 AM

Made it to day 6. I believe I must be nearly over the physical part of it as I am felling a whole lot better. Having trouble finding a place to live after the seperation but I feel after that is nailed down I can develope a good daily routine. Have a good day everyone!

InsertNameHere 03-21-2012 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Phils69 (Post 3328895)
Made it to day 6.

Originally Posted by itchy166 (Post 3328847)
Seven days without a drink makes one weak. Day 7.

Congragulations to the both of you One week for itchy and tomorrow will be one week for Phil. One of the hardest parts os over just getting yourself to comit to the first week is great I know it took me a while to do.

:You_Rock_