Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 4

Old 02-29-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

not much difference for me either Manz lol - 30 degrees today (pretty much 100 F I think?)

D
Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You know how the internets is...full of bugs and viruses

So, storm brewing here abouts. I have a major birthday coming up and I have said I didn't want a party because, among other reasons, I have a pretty wide group of friends and they don't mix well. I just found out that a friend is trying to do something anyway as a "surprise" for me. This is the worst type of thing for me and makes me upset. The reason I found out was because I started toting with the idea for going away for the weekend...and I picked up a vibe from my family that something was in the works. I finally swaddled it out of my sister and am now left trying to figure out how to stop this in a way that won't hurt all the people who want to do something for me.

2 years ago I would have just gotten drunk and allowed myself to be miserable.

Sigh.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday LF 7
Old 03-01-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Happy B-day in advance LF!!

Well, think maybe you could launch your own covert operation? Perhaps pretend you didn't pick up the vibe, make your plans to go out of town, and have your sister notify everyone that they should call if off because she found out you've already planned a getaway that you're really, really excited about....
Old 03-01-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Happy early birthday Femme! And ya...I think that's the best idea what R&A said that she just found out about the trip you booked a while back, etc. Heck...maybe even a trip into the country would just do you good anyways? 2 nights away at a bed and breakfast or a little hole in the wall hotel an hour or two away. I know that's what my soul is missing...travel. Anyways, not about my musings.

I wish we had snow....we got gypped out of winter...in fact I'm boycotting even calling this past season winter. It stayed fall and went straight into spring. It was very depressing.

Hope everyone has a good day.

And back problems seem to be contagious. My boss is having severe back issues now too...lols. We're both hobbling around like 80 year olds.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Smile Happy early b-day LF.

:day2 early b-day LF when is it anyway?

I know the feeling I hate surprise anything but at least we have people in our life that care and love us enough to want to do something nice for us. There are tons of folks that don't have a soul, and are so very lonely. At least that is what I try and tell myself in situations like this

Dee I know you are so right about giving people like that 0 head space but its hard cause its my land lord and he can decide my fate of my kitty and my home.

R&A thanks for the understanding words it helps to know someone gets it.

Have an awesome day folks.

Last edited by newby1961; 03-01-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: forgot a word lol
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks all...it's in 10 days

I am actually going with a plan similar to what R&a suggested. Playing dumb and that I made plans to bolt for the weekend. And I am going to try and do just that. I really want to go to Nantucket but not sure I can swing it. The idea of spending time on a rock in the middle of an ocean is immensely appealing

And yes, I am grateful for my friends...but considering several of them hate each other , getting them together in a group doesn't make me happy

Xoxo, T
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

lol, Nantucket is a pretty nice "rock." Love that island. Wish I could sneak up in a towboat one night and drag it back to my ocean.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah ok - I dunno how it all works there newby - we have some pretty awesome tenancy laws where I live

D
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

LF....run, run as fast as you can...you are of course the expert in you so do what is best FOR you. An isolated island sounds fabulous! Have a lovely and Happy Birthday!

Lotus....you have been gypped out of winter, what is worse is WE have been gypped out of Summer, NO ONE, but no one wants to miss summer.

Its raining again as I type, siiiiiiiiiiiigh. Nevermind even a rainy evening has a sunny side, don't you just love the sound of rain on the roof.

Have a lovely weekend folks.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:07 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

*POUNCES on Manz and gives her a BIG HUG*

Hello everyone! So happy to be here.

So here begins the second day of my second year....up early to go my workout class at the gym. Heading out for the weekend with husband and doggie up to MAINE, my favorite place in the world.

Looking forward to being a part of this group.

Have a great day/night!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

congrats fran!

LF, been to nantucket twice, it's beautyful!

it's like your town on steriods.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

*jumps up and down* Me, manz, me!!! I want to be gypped out of summer! I hate it! Hate the heat, don't like the sun, don't like the humidity....give me rain, dreariness, snow, sleet, ice, cold all year long please . If i want summer time, I'll take a vacation for 2 weeks a year and stay at a friends house while I have the rest of the glorious year without that nasty heat. Ahhh.

I'm an odd one, I know.

Went for a checkup at the dr's for the back yesterday. My "sacroiliac joint" is very much inflamed and the muscles leading away from it are tighter than a rubber band at its breaking point, is what she said. Explains why it hurts (still) so much. So she kept me as is with all the PT and stuff AND put me on steroids too to get the swelling down in the joint itself. Meh.

One of these days. .

Also, it's been a while since I said anything about it, but I am still on the Lyrica. The..."drunk/high" feeling I got from it for the most part is gone. I maybe get the high-ish kind of feeling twice a week now or so about 2 hours after I take it. I haven't had any of the pain from my trigeminal neuralgia so yay. DR went ahead and called me in refills and what not. The first two weeks I was on the stuff, I quickly put on 5 lbs, though! Not because I was eating any more or anything...but this stuff is reported to make you gain wait AND causes you to retain water. Awesome. The last 2 weeks I've got 2 of those 5 lbs off. More weight loss while on this is going to be difficult, I think, but I'll manage it. . Need to get this back fixed so I can get back to riding my bike!!

I hope everyone has a glorious weekend!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

Coming up on 27 months in a week. Can't believe sometimes that I finally got it right. A huge to my friends here who have walked beside me on this journey. It would have been more difficult and much more lonely without you all.

Frances, glad to see you here. :ghug3
Old 03-02-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations least

D
Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yeah Least!

Welcome Frances!

RZ, I'm hoping it's a little different in the middle of the Winter...it doesn't hold much appeal for me in the Summer...I've been to the vineyard and was unimpressed

frances, I also love Maine. Have a good trip
Old 03-02-2012, 10:20 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard, Frances!! We've been expecting you.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

^ ♪ looooove....♫

D
Old 03-03-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Welcome Frances!!! And a big Congrats on your 1 year! Glad you are here....
Old 03-03-2012, 11:12 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Huge squeeze back at you Frances. So happy to see you here, always new you would join us. Woooohooooooooooo on one year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i said today Sunday would be my day of rest didn't I. Mmmmmmm. Woke up and the mind was going a mile a minute! So, sunny day, only one thing for it........ 4 loads of washing, took down swimming pool in prep for winter, weeded the vege garden, went and put up all the signs for next weeks market, did the grocery shopping, spent about 3 hours making jewellery( ) ............oh and I did treat myself to lunch out with a looooong coffee reading the Sunday paper. Phew!

And so another weekend over, the week kicks off again tomorrow.

You all have a wonderful week my Overs!