Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 4

Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh yikes....... had a meeting with the new team lead at work and he tells me that part of his role is to "groom" or identify the next team lead as he indicated he would not be there long...............and he thinks that I would be ideal. Oh noooooooooooooooo..........no no no.........really??? I replied thanks, but certainly am not sure I would even be interested!!!!

This is way too fast and...........oh I dont know. Once again, I shall see how things pan out and see what the universe has in store.........

Lotus...it still makes me smile when there is such a wonderful outcome from someone getting glasses. Happy it has made such a difference for you.

Its late Friday and my eyes are crossing as I am trying to "build" my own website using an online template etc. All this is new to me and quite a time consuming and blimmin confusing! I am sure I will get there.......or die laughing at myself first anyway!

enjoy your weekend folks and rock on!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Had a great time hanging out in the neighborhood today with the kiddo. Just a sparkling day without a cloud in the sky. We probably walked about five miles, which must seem even farther when you're only 4 feet tall.

At one point we passed a dive bar that I hit a couple of times in the final months of my drinking career. It's the kind of windowless, cheerless place where people go to get drunk, pure and simple. I remember they had pictures up on the wall of a couple of regulars who had died. One look at their faces and you knew what killed them. I guess you could call it an end-stage bar.

It was about 3:30 when we walked by the open door. "It is so dark in there," my daughter said.

You have no idea, I thought.

I am so grateful to be here, posting on this thread.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ah, a real joint
Old 02-26-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

too funny, RZ. I was having a mildly crappy day—thanks for the smile.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Feeling better. Painted today. Hiked yesterday. Nothing much new to report although I have to tone down my argumentativeness. Not sure why I can't let things slide these days.

Lotus, sorry about your friend and I get what you are saying about sometimes wondering if the end might be easier than continuing on this way.

I read something when I was drinking, that if you don't overcome addiction in this life you have to do it in the next life and it will be even worse. I think that thought helped motivate me straight. It's a scary idea!

But I look at Whitney Houston and part of me does think, she's at peace now....who knows?

Obviously too late for philosophy....nite, nite.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Long day at work spreading the hope that recovery is possible........and how I found it. Phew!!! 3 different locations, 3 different classes, WRAP, Medication for Success and WRAP with an AOD(Alcohol&Other Drugs) focus.

That was me yesterday at the beach with my weeman, sun, sand and sunshine....awesome.

Have a great week Overs...you all rock!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

welcome r&a
Old 02-27-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Had a nice and sickly weekend. Heat turned up too high for most people, wrapped in blankets, soup, bed/sleep and kitty cats. Finally feeling a bit better this morning. I actually woke up with a voice and without congestion, so hopefully this weekend did it.

I did somehow manage to make a GIANT pot of vegetable soup yesterday. It was my first time trying to make it like my grandma with pearl barley and everything...I knew the barley expanded...but umm...I didn't realize how much. So...my soup ended up being mostly cooked pearl barley with some vegetables and a bit of thick liquid. It's still tasty nonethless :p. Had some carrots, leeks, corn, tomatoes, green beans (yellow and green), zucchini, garlic and potatoes in it. Threw in a soup bone for good measure too for 3 hours before all the veggies. . I'll be freezing a lot of it tonight, just had to let it cool off in the fridge last night. I have a 12 qt stock pot nearly full...soooo...I'll have plenty of soup for a while!! I also bought a rotisserie chicken to make a REALLY yummy curried chicken salad tonight .

Hope everyone's weekend was great ^^;
Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Lotus that sounds yummy....nom, nom, nom....where's my bowl of barley stew

Nothing to report...all quiet on the Eastern Front
Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

All quiet on the western front, too. Which is fine by me. I used to have a very exciting life, and I have to say, excitement is overrated.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

southern front looks good too...

D
Old 02-27-2012, 10:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Southern, real southern, front quiet too........

Who is accountable for spreading the germs around this thread...seems they have migrated waaaaaaaaaaaay south. Sniff sniff
Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon, Manz.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Feel better, Manz.
LF, two quarts of stew coming your way.

PT session number two today.

Other than that...a pretty slow day of work ahead.

Have a good day all. *stumbles off to get coffee*
Old 02-28-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

i didn't do it manz!

Gesundheit!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Manz - I am definitely not guilty of sending germs east from the west coast. The germs must have floated down from the cold North East.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hey gang wazzz up,

Nothing to report on the Western Front. Although it hardly ever snows here and we had a snow shower got about a 1/2 inch or so. Its funny in the Seattle area cause we mostly just get rain so when it snows people freak. They drive like 25mph drives me completely loco.

Any way other than some drama with my living situation all is fairly quiet for the moment. My landlord sold the bldg and my new landlord is a crusty, cranky old fart who thinks we are all sub human to him and we should all bend down and kiss his feet. I do not do well with these type of people and so my insecurities about my home and my cat are weighing very heavy on my mind. I have been continually praying and turning it over but I keep taking it back. I met the guy and so all my fears are pretty right on he is a creep who hates people and hates animals even more.
We have a high school 2 blocks away so a lot of the kids come and hang around up near the bldg so he says to me, "If you see any of those punk kids I want you to call the police and if they won't come I want you to tell the cops they are selling drugs, that will get the SOB's up here, and quick like. WTF who says that sort of thing? Even worse how do I act spiritual towards someone like that?
Anyway that is what I have been dealing with for the last week
Hope you all are having less of a drama free life? Peace
Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

I try to give those types as little of my headspace as I can, Newby

D
Old 02-29-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I know the type all too well, newby. But I figure folks like that are their own punishment. He's stuck with those toxic little thoughts bouncing around his head all day, every day. Probably even dreams bitter. Once upon a time he was an innocent little baby; you gotta wonder what happened along the way to turn him into the guy he is today...
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

First day of Autumn today (fall to you A mericans)

and sums it up here........

Rock on for me will ya folks.....I will wait til sunday for my next day of rest, no work and weeman at Dads.