Class Of February 2012 Part 2

Old 02-17-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

HF glad you made it out ok!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Orbea

I got through sober this time. As I said I don't recommend to anyone go out unless you are ready!

Im not ready to face this yet.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Orbea,

THANK YOU!

I just put the wine bottle down (unopened) and asked hubby to take me with him while my mom watches the kids.

How do you know about the Ironman signs??? And that that was probably the only thing that could have made me strong right then?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

I'm a 3 time Ironman...lake placid, Florida and Arizona.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Glad you are getting mom to watch kids and getting away!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

OMG! When? Lake Placid this July will be my first full.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Old 02-17-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

I believe you can do this TriGirl

I'm glad you managed it HF - sorry it was uncomfortable for you tho.

D
Old 02-17-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone! I didn't want to come to the theatre with him (I used to act & he's a musician), because I knew I'd be tempted to drink here. I've already been offered 3 glasses (and one entire bottle) of wine & invited to 2 different parties! But it's easier to say, "No, I can't because of tri training" here than it would be to say no to MYSELF if I was alone in the garage at home.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hello all,
Day 9 here.
Tempted to drink an hour ago, but made it through. Luckily my brother who had a bottle of vodka in front of me dissuaded me from having a drink. He's aware I'm trying to quit.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through that tryer

D
Old 02-17-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Welcome Tryer! Do you live w your brother? Great job on 9 days! Keep posting here and let us get to know you!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

TG- I must've missed your original post... How much were you drinking? Have you completed any 70.3s yet? Stay sober! You have a lot to lose and so much more to gain. First...that $600 registration fee. I know the training load it takes. Normal loads once you are race specific training are 10-15 hours a week. Tou're going to be doing 6+ hour rides many times followed by painful bricks. At peak I was doing over 20 hours a week. Plus you're gonna need to learn how to pee on the bike on purpose. I lean, I've peed myself drunk before...I wasn't wearing Tri shorts at the time either! Meditation and focus will help you a lot. Imagine yourself swimming along the bouey line in crystal clear Mirror Lake! Picture yourself speeding over 30 mph for a 5k descent. Picture yourself getting the will to do two 15 mile climbs at the end of each loop. Picture yourself running past the Olympic ski jumps 4x. Picture yourself running around the Olympic ice skating oval and Mike Reilly announcing to the world on Ironmanlive that "TriGirl YOu ARE AN IRONMAN."
Old 02-17-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

HF, I am glad to see you made it. Did you have to leave early? I am sorry it was stressful, but you did very well! I was thinking of you.

I had a nice dinner with a friend and our husbands. She and I do not drink(she just doesn't like it), so it was no stress there.

Now is when I want the wine! At home, Friday night and ready to relax. Decaf will be good.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Have you tried Sleepytime tea?
Old 02-17-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I have in the past. I have some tension tamer here now. I enjoy a cup of decaf. I also enjoy wine, lol, for a night or two. But not ultimately, not after a few weeks, if I cannot resist each successive night. Not when I have had too much and I wake sweating with my heart racing at 3am... There, I needed to remember that!

Decaf it is.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Orbea -

One 70.3, an olympic, some duathlons & marathons, and a sprint triathlon that I did with the worst hangover of my life.

More later - Act 2 is about to start. I'm hiding in the costume shop where there's no alcohol. YOU have gotten me through this night without a drink. And I DID notice that the show is better sober. Now to survive the post show festivities... But I have to! I have a brick training to do in the morning...
Old 02-17-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Glad you to here you didn't drink HF! I def don't think I'm ready to be around a bunch of people drinking yet.

I've been in a few classes here on SR and I must say this one is by far the most athletic sounding one. All the posts about working out are inspiring me to get out more. Lately I have been sooo tired tho. Ive been going to sleep by like 8:30 every night.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Congrats to all for your sober success! Im very impressed also, and quite proud to be a part of this class.

Night Nine, and since I havent been dry for this long in ten yrs, I was thinking:

$150 a month on alcohol and alcohol related costs, X 12 months, = $1,800

$1800 X 10 years, is $18.000!!

It is enough to make me sick, and i hope it is enough for all you younger classmates to stay motivated to quit now, and not wait till you are 49 to do it!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

TriGirl- It's one heck of an amazing goal to strive for, no doubt. It's a goal to do an ironman myself... eventually. That sprint had to be brutal, I did a 10-k horribly hungover and wound up in the ER with dangerously low potassium. Not fun times.
Orbea is my motivation hero in getting back to the athlete I was (mainly running, i played soccer and am decently athletic i/r/t a lot of sports but never done any tri races)

JohnnyDetox- Switch 16 for 15 and bam you're in my head. I am so so so so irritated so easily, ughh. It's pretty easy to just stay to myself but my mother keeps annoying me to no end and I've tried to explain to her it's best to just let me be but noooo....

Everyone-Hi, and keep on keeping on.
Day 15. Just idk... mentally struggling a lot. I just want to run far away and forget things for awhile b/c it's so overwhelming...everything is just so anxiety inducing. I came really, really close to drinking but I went outside and walked around, I am pretty sore from the gym but it did help. I just feel really isolated and alone. I know I have friends, but really I have almost NONE here (the few that don't drink are married w/kids and most are a good deal older and busy with their families) and that's rough. It's ok, I'm going to get out of here, and I'll be stronger for it in the end.