Notices

Class Of February 2012 Part 2

Old 02-17-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Orbea, I do not miss those days, but they sure are easier sober, i am sure. i do not think I was sober for alot of my son's toddler nights.

EQ, I am behind on alot of life. Some due to the drinking both my dh and I do(though he gets alot more done than I do), some is due to the last year I had after getting my health issues diagnosed and truly putting me first for months to lose weigh tand get sober the first time. Then, I had an elderly aunt have to come stay with us, and that consumed me for the better part of a year. But, thank goodness I had gotten healtheir before that! I would have definately flipped out with anxiety then if I had still been drinking heavily. Not sure I would have relapsed either, if I had not had her here at such a fragile time in my sober journey.

But here is to fresh starts, getting the house in order, and getting our heads and health in order.

I managed to not drink last night, though I nearly rationalized it to myself a few times. Good I did not. I woke feeling somewhat ill in the night. Not sure why, and it seems ot have passed, but I would have been all anxious and worried that drinking had done it.

There are all kinds of bugs going around, but I have hibernated all week with htis cold. So, I hope I am not catching a new bug.

I have dinner plans in the city to meet a friend. Hubby is coming too, as is hers. I know she does not drink, not sure about her dh. But I will have a sober buddy. They are travelling here for their son to see a college, so it is a rare treat to get to meet her!

rochele
Old 02-17-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 3..not sleeping well . I am kinda in a daze this morning. Facing the day, the night, the weekend without my crutch. (the evil sidekick...lol)
Going for coffee to see if it will snap me out of my mood.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 5! Slept so much better. In bed at 11:00 and awake by 1:30 and 4:30 but this time I fell back asleep without any issues. I was wide awake at 6:30 this morning feeling refreshed. There is no school today so I could have slept in late. lol But I can't recall feeling so good. I jumped out of bed and scared my husband when I came into the kitchen smiling and reaching for coffee pot. Normally if I make a bloodshot eyed appearance that early I'm incoherent reaching for water because of my severe dehydration.

It's a Friday and like others, that's a big trigger. Just need to stay focused, not get cocky and be in the moment.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Day 16 (?) and crabby as hell.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

JD what's got you crabby? The thought of the weekend? Family? Job?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I've just arrived at SR today. Joining in the mid feb group. Day one. Well, for the uncountable number of day one's. One only truly fails when they give up.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Orbea...nothing thats glaringly obvious...restless, irrirratated and discontented I guess. Throw in money worries and a bad sleep and presto...crabby Johnny. I think a nap and a meeting tonight will fix me up. There's one close by I haven't been to in awhile...used to go semi-regular. Also still feeling a bit raw. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hosea-

Do you have any plans for how to handle this first weekend? What you expect and what you will do?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

EGR Main--
Welcome! Glad you've joined the Feb class.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm definitely NOT looking forward to the weekend. Trying to plan carefully to keep from being alone at home after kids are in bed. (Hubby has one more weekend of being away in the evenings.) I was very depressed & angry all day yesterday. I guess that's normal? Just felt like I was losing such a huge part of me, and would never be whole again. Oh well, I seem a lot better so far today. Oh, and I finally RAN this morning after 4 days of not training! I can't believe I wasted those chances. I can finally call my coach, tell him I've been ...ummm very sick, but back now & ready to go.

Thanks for welcoming me late to the party. Still trying to get to know everyone...
Old 02-17-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Glad you are here, TriGirl! Stay tuned.
This thread has helped me alot.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome egrmain

Remember there's a lot of support here over the weekend, if you think you need it guys

have a good one!

D
Old 02-17-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 12. Feeling better from that food poisoning I had yesterday. Tonight I plan on relaxing and going to sleep pretty early. I have a lot of homework and some cleaning around the yard to do this weekend. I also want to make a trip to the store and get some fruit and veggies. I am very grateful to be sober today.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Boozfree: I'm glad you feel better.
I'm starting to really like looking through sober eyes, aren't you?
Old 02-17-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey guys that's my day 4 done and dusted. If the insomnia and night sweats would ease off I'd be feeling not too bad. Got loads of healthy food in today and am going to try to get some exercise over the weekend. Hope Friday's been a good day for everyone
Old 02-17-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Friday again? Already? UGH!!

I'm not used to hearing my self say that but this is the 3rd one that I have felt like this. Day 20... I feel like I have been working so hard, seeing the therapist, fixing up the house, blah blah blah. My brain is telling me I deserve a night out at the bar!! So right now I am really crabby because of that AND I had two girls off school today making a complete mess out of the house.

As time goes by and I am distanced from the latest crisis, I have to consciously remind myself of how I felt that whole weekend I had to spend in the hospital and how it feels everytime I start meaningless fights with my husband and he is mad for days and how the anxiety attacks make me feel when I'm scared he is leaving me because I messed up again.

It helps so much to be able to come to SR and just read even if I don't have anything to say. I can't get on here at work all day and it's good to know that I have something to do as soon as I get home because in the past I would be opening a bottle of wine or a starting on a 12 pack while I do the dishes and make dinner. So thanks to all of you for being there.

My accomplishment for the week is that my daughter's room got painted and looks great. She loves it. Next project - painting and redecorating one of our bathrooms.

Day 21 is tomorrow. Today I start the 10 day countdown to 30!!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Oh, dear God. My mom just arrived for the entire weekend on top of all of the relationship crap I'm trying to deal with. I hope March Class of 2012 is nice.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
Hosea-

Do you have any plans for how to handle this first weekend? What you expect and what you will do?
Hi Eternal,

No, No plans. I know I should have some. I have to work until 11pm. My usual routine would be to pick up booze on the way home. I am so tired and sleepy right now that I dont think it will even interest me tonight.
Tomorrow I work from noon til 11 and same sunday. Alot of stress at work right now and it is extremely hard not to have the alcohol. I know it ended up making things worse in reality.

I get breaks where I get to come home a couple of times. Tomorrow I plan on walking on my breaks at the park.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

TriGirl. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever! That's at least what half the signs say on the Ironman course.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Im home at last! I went out tonight! For the first time in 19 days.

Drinks were everywhere. My friends had drinks. But not me. Not very easy, but I got through this time.

I recommend not to go out unless you are ready!!!