Notices

Class Of February 2012 Part 2

Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Count on you to drink?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I hope it works out too. But just dont let your SELF down. Make that a priority. And rely.on us when you get home!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

EternalQ

I am visualizing me with a glass of juice. And I will check where exit is as soon as I get there.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dee74

I think this time those friends really want me to be there. They just don't know that Im different now. Im sober. I hope they don't ask questions.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

HF - Have you considered rewarding yourself after your evening?... or is that just a dumb idea?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think, if you are really worried about it, HF, isn't it easier and better to cancel(headache coming on?) than to bolt after arriving?

being out with people drinking is not and has not been too hard fo rme(when I stopped for several months before) because I really did my heavier drinking at home. I do not drink and drive, so if I was out on my own, driving, I never had more than one or two. But then I would come home and have more. Coming home after going out is hard for me.

Good luck with it.

Tonight, I finally feel better from my cold. Just some mild symptoms. and Thursday night typically started our weekend. Wine and Gray's Anatomy and Private Practice. I am craving a couple of glasses of wine big time. And this is not a 7 minute craving that people talk about. And I really could have 2 glasses, I think. But then it would be there, open, and I would have to have the rest Saturday night or tomorrow, and so it goes. And I would ruin my consecutive days.

Sigh. Trying to be strong!

rochele
Old 02-16-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh, and this is day 10 for me. Somehow, earlier today, I fast forwarded myself to day 12! What was I thinking?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi guys! I'm so out of the loop over here! I have been continuing w/ my meetings which is good. The urge to drink is less and less everyday. I have been busy working and tending to a very sick baby (103.7 fever today!!) poor thing. In the past if I came home early (for any reason) from work, by now I would be half in the bag. I'm glad to say I was sober and doing what I am meant to be doing...taking care of my family. Tomorrow is my 5 yr olds trike-a-thon at preschool and I'm pretty excited to be a mom who's involved.

I don't mean to talk only of myself, I haven't been on here for a bit (feels like forever) and I'm not sure what everyone is up to. I hope you all are doing well! I think today is two weeks for me. Hip-hip-HORRAY!

Oh! on a non-alcohol topic, we've decided to add to the family...we are getting another puppy! hee hee!

Hope all is well and everyone keeps on truck'n!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

HF I too agree with others. Not too late to back out if you wanted too. Hope you are able to have a good time tho if you do decide to go.

Well what I thought to be a killer stomach ache seems to have turned into food poisoning. My sis ate the same thing last night and is also throwing up in a lot of pain. Hoping to feel better soon.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It is night 8 and i have this wonderful group to thank for it.

I have not gone eight days without ANY alcohol since 2002 when i had a gangrenous leaky appendix rupture and was required to not drink for thirty days.

Of course since my liver function was normaL, after 30 days, i just went right back to that vodka!

Thank you all so very much. I'm so glad you're here.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

It is night eight. I haven't gone eight days without alcohol since 2002, when my gangrenous leaking appendix was removed and i couldnt have alcohol for thirty days. Day 31, i was right back in the swing.

I have you all to thank. Thank you so much for being here!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sorry fot.the duplicate. Phone.is acting.up
Old 02-16-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to have you here EQ

D
Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

LindseyMarie- So stoked to see you posting! Sorry about the sick child, eekers. And puppy, yea!!!!

EternalQ- That is AMAZING! So happy and proud of ya.

HF- You have to do what you cna to protect and take care of yourself, just really be careful. I can understand what you're saying, but the people who deserve to be in your life will also support you (not saying anything negative about the people you're meeting, but an important point I have to remind myself of b/c of losing some "friends" as of late)

rochele- I didn't even watch last week b/c it's my absolute go to, always drank wine w/gray's/PP. I'm with you in staying strong spirit.

I'd do more replies, but my head is KILLING me.

Day 14, pretty awesome. But same old/same mentally, I really just have to remind myself it took years for all this to happen and pile up and I let it keep harming me, it's going to take awhile for it to get better too.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Logical: thanks for paving the way.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your posts, I love reading them. In regards to treating anxiety, and depression, accupuncture does wonders. There are clinics all over the U.S. some clinics charge only $15. for treatments, it is a very nurturing experience try google accupuncture clinics in your area to find locations and information. xo
Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Also, I was on Xanax for anxiety for a few years and it was hell getting off of those, I went through excrutiating withdrawl that lasted 5 days. I do not recommend those, but some people might really need them, it turned into another addiction, I did not plan on. Be careful.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:06 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Yawn! 3am here! Toddler boy woke up crying for daddy:-( he's sleeping on my lap now on the couch. Good news is that I found out hubby is flying home Sunday afternoon. We did some iPhone/pad FaceTime Which ended up in tears for boy and daddy.
Times like this I would be drinking myself back to sleep. No worries about that tonight!
Relieved!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:58 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ive been awake for well over an hour, Orbea, sorry I missed you. It must be my inner toddler waking me up. Apparently EQ toddler doesnt have to go to work... but I do!

I have an electrician coming.by before work this morning to fix a safety concern in my house. I had him come evaluate it yesterday, Thursday, on my day off. I have had this safety concern for two years, yes, TWO years, and kept putting it off till my "stress" was better!! What a crock! I mean who lives like this? I also avoided getting labs and tests done etc on myself for the same reason. I am just trying to catch up on these things now. I took better care of my dog then i did of myself, although i neglected him at times too.

Drinking allowed me to deny SO much that was dangerous for me... Physically, emotionally, financially, you name it. It has been so hard to face these things. I am just trying to do one at a time, but move to the next one as soon as I can, and not use shame as yet another reason to avoid moving forward...
Old 02-17-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I went back to sleep.and had two.dreams.

In the first.one, i met a new.man. He was driving me in a car, and he was so admiring and attentive. He was really looking out for me. I felt really cared for and safe. I felt I could relax and trust him. I hated to wake up from it.

The second dream had me at a bar with a drinking buddy of mine, an old friend. He wasnt pressuring.me to drink,.but, i did eventually order a drink.in front of.me, and he didnt discourage it. He seemed a bit relieved. We knew these positions..We were.back.in the same groundhog day we always were. I knew i wasnt supposed to be drinking, but I was in the loop of repetitive, familiar behavior. Like a merry go round.

Damn. Im mad i even had that second dream on morning.Nine.