Notices

Class of January 2012 Part 4

Old 02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Resident

Good afternoon class.
Just a quick check in as I am running behind schedule today because I was lolligaging in front of the TV for an hour watching a mindless show called Canadian Pickers. I watch American Pickers too but I like that one better so it does not constitute lolligagaing.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Congrats to both Darkdays and Limbo keep up the good work Fubarcdn,I have never watch American Pickers I heard its good. My husband and I go to alot of auction,flee markets, estate sales we love that sort of thing...garage sales I can't wait until the weather gets nice for them!! My husband is a big seller on eBay, its alot of fun going to sales/auctions. So my brother is always telling me about that show.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon All,

Watched a good show on addiction and a quote from Jane Velez Mitchell really struck a chord with me. She said alcoholism is the only disease where your mind tells you that alcohol is the solution. How true! When in fact, alcohol is the problem. Taking it one day at a time and trying to retrain my brain. Hope everyone has a wonderful sober evening.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Whenever I had a crazy day at work, I would say "I think I need to buy the big bottle of wine!" People would laugh and then I would buy the big bottle and drink it, too! No more, classmates, I don't drink! Not for 58 days now.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by katrinka View Post
Whenever I had a crazy day at work, I would say "I think I need to buy the big bottle of wine!" People would laugh and then I would buy the big bottle and drink it, too! No more, classmates, I don't drink! Not for 58 days now.
Keep up the good work Katrinka!! ...58 days that is awesome!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Congrats to all who have toughed it out.
We rock!!
I'm just passing 2 days of quitting smoking.
Today was rough, but I'm not giving up.
I hate it. So disgusting. Would've never EVER started off I were sober.
Another reason to hate alcohell!!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplecatlover View Post
Congrats to all who have toughed it out.
We rock!!
I'm just passing 2 days of quitting smoking.
Today was rough, but I'm not giving up.
I hate it. So disgusting. Would've never EVER started off I were sober.
Another reason to hate alcohell!!
Purplecatlover, that is awesome!!!That is my next goal when I feel completely ready. I did not start smoking until I was 25ish.(I'm 43) When I first stopped drinking in January I was smoking alot with coffee in the mornings but now I only smoke just a few. I can only smoke down in the basement family room by the fireplace(I open the fireplace doors and try to blow the smoke up into the fireplace..lol crazy.. it does help instead of blowing it out into the room) Anyways good for you!! I hope to be ready soon ..I think
Old 02-28-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Checking in on day 37. I'm at the point where I haven't been obsessing anymore, which is a relief.

But, I think that's about to change. I have a hard partying friend coming into town this weekend, and I am a bit nervous about it... I've caught the evil voice sneaking in already starting to rationalize why it would be okay to partake with her. But, that can't and won't happen. I'll probably be on here a lot leading up to her arrival. It will be a test, that's for sure. Hope you all enjoy 2/29 tomorrow!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Other people can do what they like MS - we know whats good for us

D
Old 02-29-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
So it goes

Morning all, I know that you are all in different parts of the world, and some of you are upside down, but here in England , the mornings are getting brighter, as an alky I hated that and wanted to hide in the dark, but now, I want to see the brighter longer days and go for walks or bike rides.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:05 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

good morning everyone. today is 60 days for me and I'm really proud of that. I'm happy for everyone in the class who put it down. also I'm encouraged by those in the class who fell down and got back up again. that inspires me. hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:35 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey all,
Started reading "Living sober sucks" and like it.

I seem to be in a pattern recently of getting really tired around 3 pm. Coming home and watching TV on the couch the rest of the evening. I would like to be more productive but don't have the energy. I don't feel depressed just really tired. I've started taking supplements of B12 and iron in addition to a multivitamin in case it is anemia (which I've had in the past).
Sometimes I worry that this non-productive behavior might be harmful to my sobriety, although I don't have cravings much during the week. My husband tells me to chill out, since I'm not feeling well I deserve to relax and it's okay to lie on the couch and watch TV all evening after work. Don't quite know what to think.
At least I'm sober, if nothing else!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Congratulations NewLeaves on 60 days Dazee - I have felt that way too. I would encourage you to pamper yourself and let your body heal. I think that it is just part of early recovery. Hope everyone has a happy Wednesday.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Dazee I work in a very public setting - behind a wall of glass where it feels like the whole world can see everything. About 3 in the afternoon I start getting a bad case of the yawns. It is so embarrassing, but the the bright side is that it is a sign of healing. Take care of yourself, you are doing great!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I'm still here, just battling a head cold so haven't been posting much. Feeling good with zero desire for wine (a good cold always helps alleviate cravings!)

Billy, I can't wait for longer days too. I really miss my evening walks/bike rides. It is such a healthy way to end the day instead of turning to a bottle.

M Star, Stay strong this weekend. Stand back and watch your friend from the outside. It should remind you of why you don't drink anymore.

Happy Wednesday all. Have a great day!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey class beautiful windy day thinking I will go fly a kite...or just sing the song~~~ :Lets go fly a kite"..lol Spring feels like it is getting here!!! Sarah, hope you get feeling better, Dazee I felt like that after my first couple of weeks of quitting it lasted about 3 weeks but I slowly came out of it, just take it easy for now Billy I am loving this bright windy wonderful day. Newleaves congrats on your 60 days...today is 60 days for me too!! I feel so happy today!!♥
Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for the support. I'll give myself a couple weeks to recover. Nice to think of the fatigue as healing as opposed to just being lazy.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Day 52 here, and feeling great. Had a few strings of days where I've felt in a 'funk' along the way (and some major temptations in the early weeks), but guessing I would have had the 'off days' whether I was drinking or not. I would have handled them differently (almost inevitably worse), and I can pretty much guarantee that I would be bitter at myself and/or the world now had I caved, so feeling really good about that.

Really great to see others feeling the same way, and love the encouragement for those who have stumbled. It's clear from reading this board daily that this is an enormous obstacle to overcome and that it has come 'easier' for some than others, but the harder the struggle, the greater the reward when we convince ourselves to persevere. Honestly, if we can get through this, what can't we do?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Wildcat congrats on your 52 days!! It is alot of work for us and it is so nice that we have each other here for the support...Keep up the good work
Old 02-29-2012, 01:21 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Congratulations everyone on your success, am struck with a bit of bigscoredayenvy :-) Will have 40 tomorrow though and am plenty happy about that

Purplecat, well done on the smokes! Me and Nel will follow one of these days :-)