Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 13

Old 02-14-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Editor

Well....I finally broke down and went to the doc in a box at the hospital clinic.I now have meds on board and hope they work quick.
mirage if you mean lucky as in a full nights sleep....I am all in. The other stuff can wait until I am better......DANG I MUST BE SICK!
Happy Valentines
Dave
Old 02-14-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
orangutan

Dave get well and keep up the cucumbers.

Lofty great to see you back.

Hi to all have a great day.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Morning marchers! Bootcamp strength class this morning, done! Taking doggie out and then to my desk. Husband home tonIgnt, yay! I use many !!! But I know you all don't mind.

Dave glad you saw the doc, praying you feel better this morning!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Editor

FINALLY...got some sleep! I never thought that I would be so excited about getting extra sleep on valentines....Oh how the times change.
I will hopefully be much better by friday! I usually respond well to anti-biotic.
Enough about my illness.
How is everyone???
I have been in a fog lately. I think that I saw lofty on here yesterday....or was that a dream. I understand where he is coming from.I have considered teching down my house. I think too much technology is a problem not only with our youth but our entire society. Someone rather pick up a device rather than speak directly to someone....that baffles me.JMO. It has its good right along with its bad.
Gotta run
Dave
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I don't mind, frances!!!!!!

Hooray for sleep, Dave. Glad you're on the mend!

I agree that too much tech is a problem. Everything in moderation, I say. It's pretty good around here, still. No phones or facebook for the kids and I don't have a smartphone, so I'm not tied to it, I pretty much carry one in my purse in case I need it. It's nice to be plugged into people more than things. I enjoy being plugged into my puter, too, tho. I have fun on it. But yeah..it's one reason I'm resisting phones and social networking with the kids. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

Hope you're all havin a good day! Just doing some stuff before we head out on Friday. OH! Get a load of this!! (Speaking of computers, haha) So about 3 years ago, I "met" this girl on line in a chat room for people watching Big Brother on tv. I know, I know. But anyway, she was fun and we became friends and fb friends. Not unlike you all. We've talked on the phone a couple times and we text while we watch The Bachelor. haha. She lives in Puerto Rico, so I've never met her in real life. She's pregnant, so I'm making her a xstitch for the baby as a surprise. So anyway, yesterday she told me to have fun on the vacation and that she will be in Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend. I was like, "umm...I'M going to be in Ft. Lauderdale Friday night!" So we're going to try to hook up!! Yay! I really hope it works out, I didn't think I'd really ever meet her. This is such a great opportunity. I'll let you know!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Editor

mirage you have heard the commercial about the 14 years old girl.....right....watch out for internet stalkers!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Well if you never hear from me again, you'll know why!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

If it makes you feel better, I've met in real life with about a dozen people who I've met online ... in fact, a few years ago a whole bunch of us met in Nashville for the Music City Marathon. And yet I'm still breathing. And, about half of those have been in my home.

Have fun, Mirage! That sounds so fun!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

So as I'm packing, I'm finding myself cleaning the house. Like toilets. I'm thinkin if my plane explodes into a giant firey mass and plummets to the earth and my mom has to come to my house to go thru my stuff, she won't go, "man..she didn't clean her toilets enough". This is completely normal, right?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Yes, totally. I think the same thoughts and do the same thing. I do.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:08 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Mirage totally normal.

Have fun, esp. meeting your friend!

I met a dear friends in Real Life this year and I was scanning the room until I saw her. A mutual friend said, "She wasn't like you thought she was going to be, right?" On the contrary, she was EXACTLY as wonderful as I always thought of her.

Up to run! One of my early-morning buddies has a hurt foot, so it's just me & R until she heals. Throw a vibe her way for a healed foot.

Had a little teeny tiny pity party for 5 minutes yesterday. My next thought was, "Hm, where are you not taking care of yourself?" Yay me. Today is a new day with every chance to be kind to myself and other people.

I am overboard on connectivity and screen time, due in part to my job as a freelance writer. It's one of the balance things I'm working on.

I declare this Valentine's WEEK, so SMOOCH and red hearts to you all.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Mornin, all. Just checking in again. Almost caught up. This weekend should do it. One thing I like about ADD? i can hyperfocus when down to the wire. But, I rely on that too much. Right now, I stand in line at the irs. They are a half hr late opening up. Aaaargghhh. Its how the morning has been. But i have a 2hr drive to work it out and get better.

Kids get yet another 4 day weekend. When are parents supposee to work?

Ok. Now just griping.

Mirage, have fun, esp knowing you are coming home to crisp clean toilets!

Frances...hope your neck of the woods doesnt go too crazy with the funeral this weekend...

Dave... Glad you are feeling better.

Pbc...wife asked me to join her in ww this spring. I said yes.

Peace,
Old 02-16-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Yay, LOFTY!!!! Why wait 'til spring? Today is a GREAT day to start! This week's meeting is on eating out, and next week's topic is stress/emotional eating. And if you get there by mid-March you'll see me in the Weekly publication. (I received a copy yesterday ... it turned out well! Weird to know that a half million or so people will receive it.)

I'm soooooooooooooooo excited for you!!!! I wish I could be your leader!

So, I had my first therapy session this morning, and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. This is the same woman who my daughter sees, and I love her. She's phenomenally gifted, as well as just being a really GREAT person. If you remember, I'd gone to a couple therapy sessions back in April, and they were useless. Wow ... talk about a different experience. I can't wait for Jim to get home so I can tell him all about it.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

<-- right back atcha, Frances! And big hugs and smooches, too!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

.... kinda lonely in here today...
Old 02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

we must all be busy Peeb
Hope everyone has a good weekend

D
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sorry PBC..just runnin around doing last minute things and my mind is goin a mile a minute. Tho we did take some time out tonight to make the kids watch The Love Boat. Oh yeah. Dh got season 2 on dvd. It was hilarious.

I think we're set..heading out in the morning. I don't believe I'll have any internet service..at least not free..so I'll check in on y'all on Thursday night when I get in. Have an awesome week and try not to miss me too much. No, I know. It's hard. Don't..stop crying! It'll be ok!

Yeah, I'm pushin my luck. Later peeps!!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

See you next week Mirage

D
Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Safe travels Mirage! HA HA on the Love Boat! I would LOVE to see those shows again, would bring me right back to my teenage babysitting gig.

Going to my strength class this morning, then getting ready lickity split to go to a morning seminar. Hoping to meet a lot of new people.

Got a lead yesterday on a conference that's all about Sustainability....(that's the new word for "Green" or "EcoConscious".) Going to volunteer to help, since this gig would be REALLY nice on my resume.

OK, enough worky worky stuff.

Hoping everyone is happy and healthy this Friday!

XOXOXO
Old 02-17-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Wow, Frances is up early!

Well, I think I can return to the fine folks at SR now. It's been a busy and productive week here, and I thank you for understanding my absence. I got a lot done. I'm not all through, but have enough momentum that I should be able to check in here once in the morning, and once in the late afternoon or evening. I missed you folks.

Have a great trip, Julie! I mean, Mirage! This is your captain speaking... Oh, and when they say pass muster, don't hand them the little yellow bottle.

I worked harder this week than I have in a long time. It was a good warm up to the rest of my year. But, I have to admit, my anxiety levels were off the chart last night. I took my family to a celebration dinner at Chili's, and was overwhelmed by the cacophony of sound and chatter. It was a great time for our family, but I have a hard time getting that revved up when I'm worn out.

So...what'd I get done?
-I'm almost all caught up with my financials for 2011, and prepped for 2012; records are in shipshape
-I'm completely settled up with the IRS. Huge relief, and they even waived most of the penalties;
-I have almost everything I need for the dining room conversion to a permanent office.
-I completed two closes last week, and will probably have two today. It seems health and term life are the flavor of the month, but every deal closed helps keep the doors open.
-I'm caught up on my men's study reading;
-Most of all, I've eliminated the number one reason for my depression last year...which was that bankers box that represented undone financial work, and a boatload of expense that I didn't know how I'd resolve. God provided, as He always does, and its now a thing of the past, and I'm ready to file on time for 2011. No looming incomplete work for me this year; I've learned my lesson!

About the dining room? I'm doing it in such a manner that we can always convert it back down the road, if needed. It won't impede a future sale either. I'm adding french double doors with lots of glass to the main entryway, and a swing door to the kitchen entry way. It will be nice. I told you all about the nice cherry desk find, and yesterday I drove down to Lexington and picked up a nice cherry 4 drawer lateral file. Got a bookshelf last night. All I have left are a couple nice client chairs, and a ceiling fan, and the work to convert the space. I'm glad.

Congrats on your closing, Frances!

Glad you are feeling better, Dave!

Bon voyage, Mirage!

PBC...if we need a dining room, we'll be up to see you! I didn't catch what you decided on for the big meal. Was it good? And, yeah, we'd love for you to be our coach as well!

How is our Aussieness? Aussome, I hope!

Still plucking the bass, Dee? Randy Jackson's still got it, as he demonstrated on American Idol last week. He totally stoked my son to up his skills.

Hey, Rosie! Glad to see your posts. Your marriage is in my prayers! And, no, your posts had nothing to do with my break! I appreciate the insights and the prayers!

Keep Marchin', everyone!