Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 12

Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I am humbled, and brought to tears by your loving responses. All of them. Thank you. I actually feel bad that I brought this angst to you all, who don't deserve it. But, after reading your responses, I'm glad I did.

She has a lot to be mad at me about, but this has been a mutual dance. I just had my fill of being able to take it, and she was pushing all the dangerous buttons last night. Even my eldest son has stopped treating her with respect. I admonish him, but I also understand. She claims he's mocking me. And, there is probably some truth to that.

Anyway, I will not drink over this. Or smoke, or misuse prescriptions. I just hope that I am getting through what has been the hardest part of my life over the last several years.

On a positive note, I got a good answer to my IRS question, which is a relief.

Blessing to all of you. I am so happy to have each of you in my life.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Don't ever feel bad about bringing stuff to us, seriously. It's what we're for. We're friends. We just wish there were more we could do!

Glad your friend is feeling better, frances. Wow..amazing about the number of heart beats. I know what you mean about branching out after being so protective of your recovery. I think I've been thinking along similar lines, but not exactly. I've been thinking about how far I've come in the last 11 mos and how during the first 6 months, at LEAST, I was so careful about where I went socially, and with whom. I would plan out what I'd drink if it were a drinking situation, concerned about how long I'd stay, who I'd be around, etc. Now it just doesn't seem to concern me nearly as much. Like not having an drink with alcohol in it, isn't that big a deal, it's not as EMOTIONAL. I'm more calm about it, at peace with it. I'm not totally there yet, where it doesn't cross my mind, etc..but it's just becoming more natural to NOT drink. Which is bizarre.

I was thinking the other day about the time I was about 16 and I was at a friend's house on a sunny, summer day and we did shots and got loaded. I remember being in her back yard, there were 3 of us, trying to put up a tent cuz we were gonna sleep outside in the yard that night. The next thing I remember is I was laying on the ground and my friend had turned the hose on me like a freakin zoo animal. I think I had gotten sick, I'm not sure..or she was trying to wake me up. The visual is slightly amusing I know, but I just the thought of that, and how young I was, and how it led to a problem. I dunno, it just disturbs me when I think of stuff like that. I know we all have stories. Why didn't it ever concern us? Why couldn't we see it coming? I dunno.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Editor

mirage....was there a Christmas tree involved???? Or fur trees in the back yard.....I think that I am starting to see a pattern.
Dave
Old 02-02-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Editor

Stinkin Double post!
Dave
Old 02-02-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Editor

PBC- glasses are sexy!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Ha! When I first got them, I put a pic on my fb profile that some called a "sexy librarian" look. Unfortunately, that was the ONLY time I mastered that look. Now I just look like a 40 year-old woman with glasses.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

There. But I'm taking it down in a couple hours.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Ummmm...can you please tell me where the autobiography section is, please??? (Gulp).

You nailed the look, PBC!

Okay...I'm finally getting back to work, as I had decided to do yesterday afternoon.

Still all over the board emotionally. What a pitiful distraction the last 20 hrs has been!

Thanks again for the support, all!
Old 02-02-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I'm thinking about Lofty's family situation and I am reminded of how much in my family that addiction is a family disease.

I had upsetting phone calls today from family members that 6 months ago would have trainwrecked my day.

(If you want to read the gory details, go over to Codependency and Beyond. I rely on both threads--here and there--for two-fisted support.)

I texted PBC for support and she sent back a prayer to me.

Then, my desktop computer went kaput with a virus.
I tried to fix it. Couldn't, but tried.
Called husband. He can fix and will do it tonight.

So, I haven't gotten billable work done today but I'M NOT FREAKING OUT. And moreso, I'm not taking the family call & the computer problem out on my skin or by overeating.

Super proud of myself.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Editor

ZOIX!!!!!! DING DING DING! We Have a Winner. I am going to do some algebra studying tonight!!! I am sorry that my book is over due......

See you just supported my previous statement!
Dave
Old 02-02-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good for you, frances! I'm sorry about the phone calls today.

Dave- no tree involved this time, as I had my clothes on.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

LOL, we're still talking about Christmas trees?

I'm happily writing on my laptop in the living room using my back-up data.

LOVE YOUR AVI Mirage. Some of my best friends happen to be friends I mostly connect with online. I laugh and cry and cheer with them.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Editor

If my librarian looked like PBC in that photo I would be a PHD.MD. and still in school visiting the library everyday. Just sayin.
Dave
Old 02-02-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Ya, but like I said, that's the ONLY time I succeeded at that look.

Frances, I prayed for you while I was driving to GR, too. Will you be around tonight? I'd like to hear about how it went, if you're up for it.

Mirage, I totally agree about the avatar! When you put it up last night, I called Jim over to see it. It's totally me, too!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Lofty, I'm praying for peace for you.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
orangutan

****{Lofty}}} sorry about your wife, no one should treat another that way and expect them to just take it and I dont believe you should go on paying for past wrongs for ever either.

Frances congratulations on 11 months
I am glad the AD's are working for you and happy your friend is doing O.K. now.

PBC that is a great pic of yourself!!!!!!!!!

I had my biopsy yesterday and never again, I felt the needle go all the way in, last time I had no pain, also I had pain in my shoulder that went on all night they said this is from the needle touching nerves, it has gone now but what I night I have had . I have to make an appoinment for 5 weeks time with the doc. for results so the waiting game continues.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Editor

OK I am better now....I had to go play some mini-pool. Between the librarian and the Christmas tree....it was more than I could take.
Dave
Old 02-02-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Editor

Aussie!!!!!Sorry for your pain! I know that you can endure anything. Atal do Atal do.
DAve
Old 02-02-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
orangutan

oooopppps forgot to mention I had 7 months up 2 days ago.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Editor

I like me some banana dancing and you deserve it aussie! Great Job on Big 7!