Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 6

Old 01-09-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

sorry about your court thing manz...hey, almost a year, u r for sure an inspiration to me!!

ip...spot on, i messed up, DON'T GO THERE AGAIN.....actually happy to see that you and manz put that tiny voice dude and duddette in their respective places...and, hope your ankle heals soon

must dash for now...catch up later
Old 01-09-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Manz! I hope you feel better today. I'm proud of you for seeing that little voice for what it is--NOTHING--and that you will wake up sober and ready to take on another day. Real life is life, I know. It's hard a lot of the time. You have persevered and succeeded so much this year. I am sending you LOVING VIBES for you to feel better.

Feel better IP, that sux. Good luck at school today!

Hey there IWL, wow, triplets! They must be a riot.

Alcohol has no power over us because we are UNDIES!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Manz View Post

I will continue to eat chocolate fish(marshmallow shaped like fish covered in chocolate for you americans)
Um, and Canadian, hello?

Sorry Manz, I know all about not feeling good about yourself. I am the QUEEN of self loathing. It is so deep-seated it is hard to get rid of. But being aware and working on it means you've already won. You have the power to change yourself, just keep knocking those stupid self-deprecating thoughts DOWN where they belong. And kick them while they're down!

Regarding the chocolate fish. I spent six months in Aus when I was 27 and I MISS the chocolate!!! You guys' chocolate situation there is FAR superior to ours. Seriously I know what I'm talking about.

Hang in there!!!!!

Today is going to SUCK. My ankle hurts so bad and I have to hobble all over the stupid school today. Arrrrghhhh!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Sorry you guys are hurting IP & Manz.

Hope tomorrow is better for you both.

Hang in there!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

******{manz}}}

and hey, have a fish for me!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks zipperman, and everyone else.......

Still feeling crappola and lonely. Instead of more chocolate fish I have steamed a whole head of broccoli for my dinner (had to wash out about 10 little green caterpillars as I dont use insecticides/pesticides on my vege garden and I am a vegetarian after all )

Old 01-09-2012, 10:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Aw manz sorry you're feeling lonely! At least you have us, right? That's better than nothing! And man I would kill for a fresh from the garden head of broccoli. Some of the crap produce we get here would just shock you I'm sure. We have to buy organic if we want real quality produce(not always but a lot of the time esp. in the winter like now) and it is so expensive!

BTW Manz I really really like your confucius quote. It really hits home with me for some reason. Isn't it amazing how some sayings can last for thousands of years because of how true they are? I find it really grounding somehow, I don't know.

Anyway sleep well undie onedies!

Day 72 for me btw. Getting up there!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi all...253 days here..on the emotional roller coaster...one minute lonely, the next minute ok..one moment angry, the next calm

I have not had a drink, am doubling up on meetings and doing service in AA. It keeps me busy, around others who have done this already and so far, it's working. Or should I say God is working it out cause it surely is not me alone.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:33 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Manz))) you really must be down because I think you missed IP called you an Australian LOL

I hope tomorrow is better
D
Old 01-10-2012, 02:07 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Garden broccoli is wonderful Manz. Somewhere I missed that you are a veggie! (Me too.)

YUM CHOCOLATE FISH. I wonder if I could find them somewhere in the US!

Hope today is a bright and sunny day for all Undies Everywhere.

I'm going running in a few. If you had told me I'd be running pre-dawn in January I'd of said you are crazy.

Undies, wish me luck! I am starting a class today in environmental stewardship. ME!
Old 01-10-2012, 04:50 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Morning "undies" (that is a weird word) ...

Fran...i will join that jog in about an hour, and, yep, those 3 little nut jobs are tons of fun

So what's the big deal Manz, Aussie/NZ'r...how is that for a cavalier US attitude...kidding, of course...new here, not always serious

that is some solid time memi...keep hanging on to that coaster...i bet the ride will be smoother some of the time

ip....i agree, manz choice of quote can hit home, i used it just this past saturday

manz, i'm with rz, have a fish for me also, in fact, i might enjoy a caterpillar or two... chocolate marshmallow covered, of course

ttq...glad ur depression is subsiding...i went through that a while back...as if we alkie's don't have enough to deal with, they throw that in the mix, too...still no match for an undie

off to see a man about a horse...

talk soon...carlos
Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
(((Manz))) you really must be down because I think you missed IP called you an Australian LOL
I didn't! I was just saying that the chocolate in NZ AND Aus are way better than in N. America! Believe me I would never make that mistake-I know how sensitive you guys are about it! It's the same as a Canadian being mistaken for American- (no offense!)

Old 01-10-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Roller coaster......going down

*Sigh*

Here we go again. Same old crap....different year.

Just found out that, at my work, we hired a new person for a bunch more money than I'm making. I've been here 12 years, so it's just a slap in the face to see someone brand new hired for more money. Makes me feel so worthless.

I know I know. I should be happy that I have a job and can provide for my family. Plus there's nothing I can do about it. I'm stuck here.

I only have a 2 year college degree and everywhere I look they want a 4 year degree. I can't go back to school. I don't have the money and with 3 kids I don't have the time.

Depression.....Pity party of 1.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry ttq - I know that must be hard.
You're not worthless tho, not at all - I'm just sorry that it's all a little unfair to guys like you.

D
Old 01-10-2012, 11:08 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

ttq...time to ask for a raise maybe? Let them know how valuable you are and have been to the company? You sure cant be worthless or you would not have lasted 12 years!

IWL.....careful mate, Aus/NZ debate is asking for trouble from some shall i call you canadian. hahahahahahahaha It actually bothers me not one bit, because I KNOW that NZ'ers are a far nicer bunch(present company excepted Dee)

Dee.....geez I really was down to have missed that

IP......see above, not bovvered!

Memi...welcome to the group and awesome work on your time, what does that mean exactly in month terms, yes I am too lazy to figure it out.

Life is still LIFE......I have gained some perspective, and moved forward......

It is not the shyte that happens to you, it is how you deal with it that defines you Or more succinctly "What defines us is how we rise after falling".

The confucious quote is great guys, my fav, but even he borrowed it and made it his own, he got it from his teacher Lao Tzu "The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step".

Rock on Undie Onedies (in NZ/aus undies are another word for underwear hahaha, and I coined the phrase Undie Onedies heehee)

Old 01-10-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was just pulling legs IP - it's not an issue with me either
Glad you feel a little better Manz

D
Old 01-11-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Aye, Undies...is that Canadian...or, Undies, Aye?

ttq - sorry that you are feeling down, and that you are not YET reaping all the rewards that are sure to follow in extended sobriety. I don't know much of your story, since i just recently joined the undies...but, for me, when i am having a pity party, i do get relieved just knowing that i am capable of dealing with any situation much easier in sobriety. When I was a practicing drunk, i had few coping skills, and little patience...both seem to be improving in recovery.

Manz, as for the journey quote...I have often thought of it over the past few months...kinda my new marching orders since i've taken so many new first steps this time in recovery. Among them, I moved to a completely new place, and started working in a completely different field (no more overnight travel for me). While i'm not certain where this journey will lead, i do know, if i can stay sober...it is exactly where i should be!!!

Hummm, IP...let me see...Okay, you know that you are Canadian if:
-You find -40c a little chilly..aye
-The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freeze...aye
JUST KIDDING....

Later Undies....Carlos
Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Morning Undies!

Manz, could you post a link to some chocoalte fish so I can see what I'm missing? They sound. So. Good.

I love that quote too. What's true for me is that I am now stepping into unknown possibilities towards a better career and more manageable family relations. I don't know what will happen yet but with one step at a time and my SR Family, I know it will be good.

Easy morning for me, no run today. I met a neighbor last night walking my dog. She just started running and needed encouragement. I went home, changed, then went out for a run with her. So that meant I ran morning & evening. My legs are TIRED but it was so cool to connect with her and give her a little bit back of what I've been receiving in Recovery--encouragement, help, tools.

Gonna be a bright sunshiny day here!

Extra Vibes for Dee, who I hear is having a bad time with his back again. We'll keep the lights burning bright until you are back 100%!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better Dee.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Dee..... :ghug3 too much of this huh? Hows about a slightly gentler hug from me anyway, feel better soon. :-)

It is really hard to do sometimes, trusting the "process" or journey, but I have found that the more I do trust the more wonderful things come my way. I have given up a career as an Optician and am jumping inot a new career also, have moved home, and along the way many many new and exciting opportunites have and still are arising. So if this come from trusting the process......believing in something.....I am all for it because things are looking up despite some little road bumps.

Glad that many here in the Undie Onedies thread are finding the same thing.

Frances.....I'm going to see a friend today who is a personal trainer and she has done a nutrition plan and exercise plan for me..........oy vey! What am I getting myself in to??? Great things I hope. I did train myself (before weeman) from barely being able to run to being able to run 10kms...........so who knows what is on the cards. My friend is mumbling about doing a duathalon, she can keep mumbling for the time being.