Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 11

Old 12-27-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

You're welcome, Dave!! Glad you're feelin better.

Glad you had a good holiday, Rosie, and glad you've reached that point where it's not as challenging to say 'nah' to drinking. It's nice, isn't it? For me, it's like it presents itself for a minute, but it almost doesn't feel like a viable option. It comes up because it was part of what I did for 25 years, but it isn't really a tug of war. Should I, shouldn't I? I don't really get into that part of it, I know I shouldn't, so it's more a matter of getting my mind back off of the subject. Like we stopped at our friends' house on xmas day and I was offered a drink immediately. We were just stopping in, so it wasn't like a huge temptation, but still, it didn't cause me any angst. Anyway, I don't know what I'm going on about...I'm just glad you're feeling good about it.

Glad you checked in, Lofty. How's Virginia? How long a drive is that?

Did some returning at the stores today. It's a snowy day with the big, fluffy flakes coming down. Very pretty. I'm seeing the doc in the morning about the spots, tho it doesn't really hurt, so I don't think it's a big deal. My glands are swollen and I'm leaving for up north on Thurs, so the general consensus is to go in to be sure I don't need anything prescribed.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Editor

Oh mirage....you are giving me so much ammo....I just am not feeling saucy enough to play.

AUUUUUSSSSSSSIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
yoooooohooooooo! Whats going on?????? I am sick but I have noticed that you havent been here much. Please check in.

Talk amongst yourselves
Dave
Old 12-27-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Editor

I am about to head out for the day. I will miss you until tomorrow my marching friends.
DAve
Old 12-27-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Lol..get feelin saucy, Dave!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Morning everybody! Rosie, thank you for your wonderful share. Mirage, glad you are getting to the "Eh. Not gonna" stage too, and good luck at the doctor!

Hi there Lofty and Dave! And Aussie and Dee down under. And Rosie and iancal and professor.

Has anyone heard from Rebel Angel? Sending good wishes to you. I hope you are doing well. And please check in if y0u can!

I have the cold my nieces & mom-in-law had on Christmas. My energy is in the basement. Going to drown it with vitamin C and lots of hot tea. Begone, Cold! And get out in the sunshine this morning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I am amazed that in a few days I will be ending 2010 with 10 months sobriety and 4 months treating my depression/anxiety. Amazing.

I read the newcomers too and I hear so much hope, so much pain, so much journey to go. We are the lucky ones, to be where we are and to be able to reach out.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Editor

frances I hope that you feel better soon. It makes me feel blessed that I am not in the pile of chaos many people are in the newcomers group. Soem of them are so lost.....I feel for them. I am giving my suggestions and advice to them,but I dont know if it helps or hurts. I pray for each and everyone of us that we do not step back into those dark times. It is no way to live. The whirlwind of deceit, confusion and denial that alcohol reaps upon us is scary as hell.

Sorry I just scared myself. I do not ever, EVER! want to go there again.

I am feeling a smidge better today.
so that is two smidges better than monday.
comeon thursday.
Keep the smiles in your heart!
DAve
Old 12-28-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Dave, you keep helping and encouraging them. Glad you are two smidges better!

Yup, we are NEVER going back there. EVER. We'll shine to help others find their way to their own light of Recovery.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Glad you're feelin better, Dave. I just got back from the doc..you'll be relieved to know she took care of that white spot! haha. It was a cool little glass, glowing instrument. For reals, it looked like a magic stick or something and she just reached in there and took it out. Buh bye!

I don't think I told you guys this, but the other day I was sayin to my dh about how I haven't really seen anybody (our friends) in a long time. Dh's friends are his high school buddies and they married really nice/fun girls and when we lived in our home town, we would see them some, not a ton. We moved 40 min away and now I don't see them at all. Mind you, I never really got close to the girls. Not sure why. Combination of being a little insecure w/ them, being the only smoker, I can be a bit quiet, and I probably isolated myself some with my drinking, too. Although it's a partying bunch, I did my best drinking alone. So anyway, I was just feeling like friendships would be nice, when I got an email from one of the girls inviting me to "girls dinner" that they do every month together. Yay! Of course, I jumped on it, and December's girls dinner is tonight! Should be good, kinda interesting. No one knows about the quitting drinking, but I probably wouldn't drink at dinner anyway, as I have to drive home. I doubt it'll come up. I think I'm more confident without the addictions, tho. I feel it. I feel stronger, less meek. I'm excited to go out and shine more. I like how you used that word, frances. My light has been dim for soooooo long. I need to learn how to come out from that, I think.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

SHINE yourself, Mirage and have fun tonight!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Editor

The ole magic stick ploy. That is kinda what I was thinking all along.

Have fun tonight and be careful.(dad in me coming out)
You are anything but dim. If you start to get that I want to be quite and hide feelin. Think about all of us marchers in our undies. That should put a smile on your face or scare the bejesus outta ya. One way or the other it'll get your mind runnin another direction. Have fun and for Goodness sake. Stay away from any Christmas trees.We know what can happen when you get around one of those things

DAve
Old 12-28-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Editor

So once again I post alone. 3 hrs and not one of the other marchers has anything?????
Well I guess that is a good thing. Everyone is busy.
See ya later
Dave
Old 12-28-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

I certainly am Dave lol.

Hope everyone is well
D
Old 12-28-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Sorry, Dave ... I'm here now, though! At least for a second. And I'm a little worried about your "magic stick" tricks ....

LOVELOVELOVE the "shine" references! I've gotta agree with Dave, Mirage ... you are a bright happy light in my life! And Frances, you, too! You both shine with your own unique lights and make my life more beautiful by being you.

So I had another tv thing this morning ... it's on my fb if anyone wants to see it. AND .... today is my and Jim's 20th wedding anniversary! YAY! I was looking at pics of him a little while ago and got all teary ... I love that man more than I could possibly describe. He's gentle, funny, solid, respectful, fun, spontaneous, hardworking, intelligent, enterprising, silly ... I could go on an on. I even love his flaws. He is proof that God loves me. If I lost everything today, I could still say that I've been blessed beyond belief because of the 20 years I've been one with him.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Editor

Jim sounds alot like me.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Editor

Just messin with ya PBC. I am happy for you two. 20 years is wonderful. You are blessed to have each other.
I vote all the ladies are special on here. The guys are too. We are all special.
What happened to that special bus we use to ride. I wouldn't mind going on a tour again. I like the music and pretty colors...... I think TOI drove most of the time.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

happy anniversary PBC

D
Old 12-28-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Editor

Aussie where the heck are you. This is too many days since your last post 12-23-2011. I hope that you are just shootin your bow and arrow at some critters out back.
Hugs
DAve
Old 12-28-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary PBC! What are you two doing special to mark this amazing occasion?

AND how even more special it is because you are sober!

XOXOX
Old 12-28-2011, 03:03 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

LOL Dave.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Going to bed Marchers, hope you all are safe and sober.

My energy is coming back up so I know my immune system is winning the battle. Pretty amazing to think about our bodies and how all the little parts know how to work together to defend us from harm. I did my part by drinking all day--water, selzter, tea, coffee, cocoa and lemonade. No wonder I wasn't hungry until dinner!

I thought tonight that I might be becoming a "normal" person in that I'm not obsessed with drinking. I'm a "normal person" who happens not to drink. Does that make sense?

I'm not kidding myself by thinking I *could* drink just a little. That option is off the table.

Nite! Hugs and prayers to all the Marchers spread worldwide, every one of us.