Notices

Class Of May 2011 Part 4

Old 01-21-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Camedown hope your friend is doing better? Hope you are dealing with it ok, as it is one of life's curveballs that doesn't feel so nice.
We are here for ya anytime.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:49 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
MINEr

My sobriety is secure for the day. It is hard that I can't see her to be there for her, she has been avoiding people and crowds because of her immune system, and I think it triggers her tendancy to isolate. It's a struggle, I just want to talk to her, tell her I love her and support her. We have known each other for almost twenty five years, since before both our kids were born. We entered AA seperatly, not knowing each other had issues with booze, one month apart. It's really spooky, but has been an amazing person for support in this battle. Unlike the new people I meet that I am hesitant to open up to, with her I can be the most natural me possible without fear of reproach. All I can do is keep my side open till the chemo is through, and she is more able to get out. Hope you all are doing well.

camedown
Old 01-22-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

prayers to you both CD...

D
Old 01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
~sb

Prayers sent, Camedown.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

My dragon New Year quote for the day

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to let you all know I'm alive and well. Still working seven days a week and drinking some, but not going overboard. I just wanted to come here and be honest. The drinking has not made anything better, but it seems to make the bad **** go by faster(loss of family member). I'm glad to see the people that have always posted...still posting. Take care Y'all, and I'll keep checking in time to time.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:37 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
MINEr

Good to see you loving, hang in there, ok?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

take care of yourself lovingit - thanks for dropping by

D
Old 01-25-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi Miners,

Just checking in. I hope everyone is well.

Camedown: I am glad you are having such beautiful experiences and revelations in your life. As for your friend, is there any way to schedule a phone catch-up session? Would she maybe feel comfortable with you visiting with a medical mask over nose and mouth? It is great that you are there for her like this.

Take care Miners : )
Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just checking in. You know it really does seem like a family. My puupy is doing great. Growing into his paws.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey everyone I am hanging in there. It is life and my slip really has sent me for a loop, but I just spent some very nice time with family. My youngest was out from Milwaukee for a week and I was sober this time. I had to take my mom in today as she has pneumonia and @ 89 that is nothing to fool with, but we got on it quick, much to her "I am fine I don't need a doctor blah, blah." I really have a hard time being hard ass with her. It is like she's my Mom and it seems disrespectful, but she is so stubborn, that I have to get a little stern with her.
I have been giving some thought to going back to where I first got sober this May and working with my outpatient group and sponsor f to f and not just over the phone, but I have my husband and a job here and I just need to try to make it work with what I have available. I just don't know. My recovery seem shaky here. I am waiting and I hope I will be shown what is the right thing to do. If you guys have any insights let me know. I am putting all things into consideration at this moment. Love ya all Lushly
Old 01-28-2012, 12:09 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
MINEr

Hola MINErs. Eight months ago, right about the time I am posting this, I had my last drinks, a Bud and a shot of Jager. I didn't even know they were going to be my last. About ten hours later I checked myself into the ER with sever abdominal pains, and spent the next four days walking a very thin line between sanity and insanity, between life and death. I came out of that ordeal beaten, and even before I went to Kaiser's CD program, joined SR, or joined AA, that I could never have a drink again. With a lot of hard work on my part and lots of love from so many different directions(including all of you wonderful May folks), I have gotten this far, one day at a time. Thank you.

My name is R.J., and I'm an alcoholic.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:23 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Yes one day at a time and one night at a time which seems harder to me sometimes. My best to all
Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think there's any substitute for action Lushly - whatever you have to do to swing some real concrete action on your recovery, so it - it'll always pay you back tenfold

congrats on 8 motnhs CD

hope you get some zzz's Fitz - take care man

D
Old 01-28-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Evening all,

Wish I could report the same as usual, overworked/under paid.
However, tonight has me a bit bent.
I spent the afternoon at the ex's loading up materials I had been storing up to make another addition to the deck I had already built there as well as other things. I go to get my pressure washer & such out of the shed I also paid for & built to find it's locked.
The ex has now decided that she's going to dictate what possessions of mine that I can & can't take.
I'm simply blown away at her audacity.
I'm leaving her with literally ten's of thousands of dollars worth of improvements to her home/property, even tried to give her the acre of land I purchased adjoining her lot & now she wants to buck on me over my hot tub & some freaking shelf brackets.
She's threatened to call the law if I try to remove them & after trying to talk some sense into her, it looks like it may come down to having a judge decide. Which I'm fine with & as I explained to her, I can produce receipts & bills of sale for those items, as well most of the furniture in her home.
Should she choose to continue being a dumbass, I'll clean house.

Sorry for for the rant, hope everyone had a better day than I.
Stopped counting days a while back, but I see the 8 month mark has come to pass, so congrats to those who have made it this far & to those who refuse to give up!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the sooner you can wrap things up and cut all ties the better concor - the relationship sounds really toxic to me.

D
Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
MINEr

I'm with Dee on that one, letting go of that one can't come soon enough.

Had an interesting Coince-God today, you know, one of those rare similarities that makes you think. Had a tough meeting this morning, a lady's share was very haughty, pretty much equating success in sobriety with material success. Material success is a LONG way off for me, I dug my hole really deep, and it had me down even though I knew she had issues of her own to work on. Anyhoo, on a completly unrelated incedent later, I was google searching images of God for some stupid thing on another forum(it's a forum that you have to go all out to be witty on). I was looking through them, trying to find something like the Sistine Chapel, and a couple pages down was a book cover titled "Will God Heal Me." That in itself would mean nothing considering the subject of the search. The spooky part is that the authors name was my name. Froze me for a couple minutes as I stared at it, and made me let go of my depressed mood over the earlier incedent, reminding me that I'm going to be OK as long as I keep letting go and letting the program and God do their work. Have a great one guys!!!

RJ
Old 01-30-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Took today off to have my Porsche removed while I had permission to do so and got the ball rolling with an Attorney that lives in that town. While I round up receipts & bills of sale he plans on firing off a registered letter of intent, her reply will tell us how serious she truly is. Although prepared to take her to task, I honestly hope this letter is enough to call her bluff.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I hope so too concor. War of the Roses hu? I hope you just keep on with your sobriety and get the heck out of the relationship once and for all. It sounds like a ploy to somehow keep you tied to her. I am sorry and will send healing strength your way. I am still staying sober and each day I get my bearings a bit more. I am so glad that I am sober and able to help my mother with all the things she needs. I guess that is what I am to be doing at this time. I am lucky that my job is secure and I think I will stay till the summer break and then make some decisions then. I made some meetings this week and even though I get very tired I really do not want to drink again. So self distructive. WOW. I love you guys and alway read eagerly to see how all of you are doing. We have been together awhile now (())s Lushly
Old 02-01-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Lush, I can't figure it out for the life of me. It's pretty much been over since I moved out, I live in a completely different town, she has a new boyfriend. This is the last of it & I wish I hadn't waited so long to finish moving, perhaps it would have gone better had I done it all at once.
I appreciate your thoughts & am pleased to hear you're hanging in there, plus it sounds like you have a plan brewing. No matter what, I think we've all learned how important having a battle plan is.

Hope everyone is well!