Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 10

Old 12-01-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Editor

Busy this morning arent we.
Go frances Go frances Go frances whew! That is my cheer for ya with a toe touch jump kick! I also like your math skills that you shared with lofty....outstanding in Daves world.

PBC- Keep on Keepin on Girl! You are doing outstanding. I am with frances....I think that it is awesome that your daughter is there for you. There is Nothing like family!

Rosie- I would like to think that it is my handsome good looks and relentless charm.......but unfortunately it came down to a vote. I dont know if I won or lost, but I was appointed foreman.

Lofty Lofty Lofty- Come here.....ladies look away.....you need a man hug. Heck go ahead and look we dont care. Bud you are an outstanding individual. I understand the not being happy part. What is happy? After all of those years of numbing ourselves and creating a false happy....how are we to know? Kinda on the same lines of what mirage was talkin about. I do agree if you feel that you are that low now that AD's could and can make a huge impact. Sometimes we need a little help, be it lights or meds. Stop being Dave and take action. As for coming here and talking to us.....my shoulder is always here bud and I know that everyone else on this thread feels the same. Post post post always.
On another front....the cigarettes. I have a co-worker that is 67 years old. He has had a pack of cigarettes in his front pocket for 20 years. Same pack. I asked him why he would carry them around. He response was just in case. Fair enough. He said that he quit when he was 47 and it just made him feel better knowing they were there. Whatever works I say. Some say that it is not healthy to go that route. I say he hasnt smoked in 20 years....let him carry his cigarettes.
On another front
Momma says, Happy is as happy does.

I pray for all us marchers to keep living sober and that happiness may slap us on the A$$ every chance it gets!

Dave
Old 12-01-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Editor

Mirage my wife use to call me Eeyore. I have my gray sweatshirt on today but I dont feel like Eeyore at all. I am up and ready to role. Actually already at work and ready to role! I just wanted to post to you because I left you off of my list above. Hugs.

Dee- Keepin it real! I'd give you a man hug too!

PLH
Dave
Old 12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks for the hugs, all. I'm still catching my breath after Dave squeezed it out of me.

The sun is shining again, so the drab is lifting. Plus, I made a couple sales and uncovered another prospective sale.

During my morning ritual, I often work the puzzles. Depending on time, Sudoku first, then the crossword. I usually finish sudoku, and rarely the crossword. Anyhow, the horoscopes are there as well, so I usually read them. Haven't quite figured out how that fits with my religious beliefs, but here is what this a.m.'s reading says:

"You can't expect yourself to endure endless hours of thankless work without retaliating in some way at the end of the day." The alcoholic in me said, "See! I should be having a drink!" But, then I studied it some more; it said "retaliating in some way". It didn't say squat about drinking. That got me to thinking just what am I doing to blow off the steam and cope? How do I turn the page on the day? TV? Eating? What have I changed? The answer is....absolutely nothing. So...here's the new QOTD:

"What do we now do to cope and change gears at the end of our day to "retaliate" on the thankless tasks we've endured each day?"

I think this could be huge for me. Maybe and end of day workout? Sex? Reading? Meetings? What is that "one thing" that can help us cope and end the day with an exclamation point?

I'm interested in answers!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey PBC!!! 2 FANTASTIC WEEKS!!!!! *****!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hellloooo lovely man David..btw, I peeked before I had permission.

Interesting, Lofty. Yeah, for a long time, the drinks in the evening was my "taking care of kids full time will drive you crazy, you deserve it". Then it wasn't THAT hard and I was still thinking that way, but I knew better. It was a lame excuse..people freakin home school their kids and don't have to tie one on after dark. I haven't changed anything either so I know what you mean. I can't really help with this, but I think your ideas are great ones! I vote for sex! Or better yet sex WHILE reading! lol

Speaking of reading, one thing that always felt so good to me was to go to a bookstore and plop down with a hot chocolate on one of those couches and read and people watch. Could be a chick thing, but maybe if you had like 2 days a week where you got out to one of your favorite places like that to unwind.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Editor

I vote on the barnes and noble trip. There is something mysterious about being among all of those books that makes me tingle. So maybe you could do all of mirages ideas at the barnes and noble. Just make sure that you pick the proper section or should I say sextion.
Mirage handed me the ball and I ran with it. Dont blame me for being me.

Dave
Old 12-01-2011, 11:27 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Lolol!!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats PBC

Lofty I dunno if it helps but I wasn't happy for a long time - or rather, I was happy I'd quit drinking and my life was demonstrably better - but I had no joy in my life.

I was beginning to think that was how recovery would be for me - but I figured it was better than my old life.

so...I kept working on myself - kept digging through the debris I used to drink over, kept asking and looking for a little divine guidance - and eventually the joy arrived....and it's never left.

I think a lot of it comes from making peace - with my alcoholism, with my past, with my resentments, and with who I am.

Don't stop heading towards that light Lofty

D
Old 12-01-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

And I had to share ... I washed the dishes with a new dishsoap this week. It is scented as "New Zealand". Apparently, New Zealand smells amazingly fresh and delightful. I wondered if Dee or Aussie could confirm? And does Australia smell as wonderful?
: I think you've been duped PBC lol

D
Old 12-01-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Editor

I want some of that french fry scented dish soap!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Editor

Heck I wanna wash myself in it. My wife wouldnt be able to keep her hands off of me!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Wow...that brought back memories of a girlfriend in high school I used to meet in the carilon at the school library study room. Uh - huh....
Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

OK..not the french fry stuff...the comment on the bookstore. Damn late posts!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Ahahaha! I was like 'wow..that chick must have REALLY liked french fries, Lofty."

Another thing to try is a hot bath. My DH has one every night, sometimes right after work and again later. Absolutely loves em. Maybe it's part of unwinding. Not a huge drinker, tho he was voted "class partier of 1987" (I'm so proud). He doesn't have the addiction thing, tho. Anyway, it's worth a try if it relaxes you and makes you feel good.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Aw, MAN, Dee! Well, shoot.

Dave, no tingling in public.

Here are some ideas that I've heard, Lofty:
* exercise. Seriously. It does wonders for mood, and burns off toxic adrenaline from your system that builds throughout the day, and I hear some people actually enjoy it. Maybe buy yourself a new piece of equipment? Go walking? Or try an online workout? There's a 100 pushup thing online that my hubby and I were working on. I quit after a couple weeks, but he got up to 80 or so.
* take a class. Maybe ballroom dancing. Or painting. Or cooking. Or photography.
* LOVE the book idea!
* journal
* sip a cup of tea ... try new flavors.
* Sex. That's actually a fabulous idea!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Ok...I've got it. French fry sex at the bookstore, and offer it as a class. Now why didn't I think of that?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Great...now this is what we get to see when we open up this page!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

YES!!!! That's BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 12-01-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good lord, somebody post a lot so I don't have to see "french fry sex" every time I log in here. LOLOL!!