Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Editor

Heck I dont know it was Dark!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm like the sober Freddie Kreuger now?

Lofty - believe me I didn't get to where I am with my folks overnight - it took, literally, years, and getting to a point where I could let it go (even as much as I have...there'll always be 'something' there) was very difficult.

You really need to cut yourself some slack I think

you're a great guy and you've been doing amazing transformative things in your life...

I hope you can continue to set that old baggage down, and to appreciate Lofty, like we all do

D
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Yes! Nightmare on Sesame Street!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 12-14-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Ha ha!!! You have got to be one of the funniest groups of people that I've ever been blessed enough to know! Thank you for the smiles.

I'm completely exhausted. It was my long day of work (almost 12 hours today), and a conference call in the middle. And I got a call from a co-worker, who left her husband today, so I'm subbing 2 meetings in the morning (have to be there at 7am, and it was my day off). Then Friday I'm on tv in the morning, and my oldest daughter confessed tonight that she's planned a "surprise Christmas party" for me for Friday night ... at our house. It should be fun, but at the same time I could use a little rest (again ... I see a trend here).

Anyway, I'm sober, so that's good. Lots of love to you all!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

prayers and good wishes for the rest of the week PBC

D
Old 12-14-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Dee, your words are amazing and powerful. Thank you. Like I said, I don't know where all that came from, but it kept me down all day. I've really been isolating this week, so I hit a meeting tonight. Good topic.

Good night, all! Sweet dreams!
Old 12-15-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Good Morning Marchers!

GO PBC! I am so inspired by your energy and commitment to your health, your family and your job. Keep your precious sobriety close and beloved today! It is a gentle, shining gift in your life. You can hold it and cherish it. I think of my sobriety as a light that keeps me from harm and moves me towards my goals and wishes and dreams.

Doing good today! One goal I have is to spend 15 minutes every day in my garden shed, cleaning it up and making it beautiful. I spent 20 minutes out there yesterday and I accomplished a lot. Baby steps, done faithfully and consistently, add up.

(I used to think that only Very Hard Things were worthwhile. Cleaning my shed gives me joy and satisfaction to see all my tools and supplies cared for and ready for use.)

Hullo there Lofty and Dave and Mirage and AUSSIE WHERE ARE YOU GIRL?! and Professor and Iancal and Rosie and OUR DEE. Hello to anyone I missed!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Editor

GOOD DAY!
I need to do some shed cleaning myself. It looks like a bomb went off in there.
All is well...busy,busy AGAIN!!!
DAVE
Old 12-15-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Mine smells like mouse poop and I'm pretty sure there's a groundhog wintering under the floor. A bomb hitting it would be an improvement! We can't raze/re-build in the same spot due to township property line restrictions. Our option is to "fix it" one or two walls at a time.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

It is a sad fact, but you cannot care more about another's sobriety than they care about it themselves. I am sad, but must detach from my online friend's journey. It is starting to hurt too much.

I am OK, no desire to drink, so don't worry about that!
Rosie
Old 12-15-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

((((Rosie)))))

I have a tiny break, so here I am to say hello. Dave and Frances, have fun with those sheds! Frances, speaking of mice, did I ever tell you about the time we had a mouse in my meeting? It's a good story.

Boy, those meetings I subbed this morning wore me out! I'd really love to take a nap, but I have a hair appointment in a few minutes. (gotta cover that gray before the tv spot in the morning ... heaven forbid anyone know I'm really a 40 year old brunette) I have decided, with Jim's encouragement, to skip grocery shopping today. He says he'll figure out something for dinner tonight. I love him.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hello, all! Much better day today. Good client meetings and progress being made.

Rosie...sorry about your friend, and good for you for knowing when to let go. Sometimes all we can do is pray.

Glad to hear folks are cleaning house! Or, at least sheds. I have my share ahead of me as well.

Speaking of smells, we had a mystery smell brewing in the Expedition. It was like rotten cheese yesterday, and today it was more like curdled milk. My youngest actually was heaving. I looked and looked to no avail for the last two days. This afternoon, I found a liquifying glad bag of veggies, which was no doubt my daughters forgotten snack for cheerleading practice. Yuck. At least it was found before we go on our holiday road trip!

PBC...don't forget to take a breather! Busy is good, but I hope you'll be able to let down and relax over the holidays.

I had what I think is my last client appt of the year. I may have one more, but I'm not sure. I had a good web meeting yesterday that should lead to a lot of leads, if I pursue it properly. I'm getting excited about the new year.

Gotta finish the biz plan and get my new contracting done. Lotsa paperwork.

Finished our Christmas shopping for the kids last night. All I have now is the wife. I'm looking forward to being done altogether.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I'm finishing up shopping today, too. Stupid Best Buy didn't give me the on line sale price on something and I didn't catch it till I got home, so I have to go back.
Gettin my hair did today, too PBC. Not the grays, but the red. I have a red streak in it and it's faded to a goldy orange. It's not all that bad, but I want red for the holidays.
Bought a sweet cooler today. It's on wheels with a handle. Genius!
I wish I could sort my shed, I need one. Not a sorter, a SHED. Maybe next summer.
Sorry about your friend, Rosie. Hugs to you my dear.
frances..how come I can't send you a private message? I should rephrase that. Do you have that option disabled or am I missing it? Wondered if you wanted to be fb friends.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Editor

She has you blocked mirage. I checked. On her PM site it says allow PMs from everyone except mirage. Sorry to be the barer of bad news.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Editor

Old 12-15-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Editor

My shed is more like a rat condo.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey Dave...someone used your quote on a newcomers thread: "dyin aint much of a livin' boy"
Old 12-15-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Editor

"buzzards gotta eat.....same as worms"
Old 12-15-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi everyone just read through about 6 pages of posts to catch up and thanks for all the laughs ,I love all the silly posts!
Sorry to hear all the deep and painfull stuff from my mates here too.
I am struggling again. I knew this time of year would be hard and I wish it was over there is just to much partying going on and I have to be alone to much or be amongst the booze . Yesterday I decided to drink , I was having a bad day at work and said f*** it ,when I get home I am having some wine but by the time I got home the agument had lost a bit of the shine and today I am glad I didn't.
I hope you all have a great day my friends.