Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 9

Old 11-20-2011, 01:48 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
orangutan

Frances or should I say you are our Rock . Congratulations.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, all. I'm a bit better now. I guess I needed to vent. I'm actually a little clearer headed. Wife and I sat and discussed budget and health insurance elections today. Fought at first, but it ended good, for once. I hate drama and emotion, but I guess I had my own drama this weekend.

Like I was saying...maybe getting mad is not such a bad thing for growth. Just because I'm not content with the present doesn't mean I have to go back to the past. I just need to build a better future.

You're right Dee, pissing away another 20 yrs doesn't gain anything or anyone. Thanks.

Just saw Frances is back! Yay! Glad your run went well and you ran faster. Thanks for the vibes, too!

Last edited by LoftyIdeals; 11-20-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Frances is back!
Old 11-20-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
orangutan

Glad your feeling better Lofty.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would like to be able to skip summer all together and go straight to Autumn.
Me too

D
Old 11-20-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Me too

D
Tassie looks nice this time of year.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

GLAD TO BE BACK! 24,000 people ran the half and full marathons today. People of all shapes and sizes and abilities.

A new goal I have is to help a friend who helped me today. She's running the NYC Marathon in November 2012. The goal is for me to be able to jump in and keep her company from miles 18 through 23--the desolate part without many spectators. The trick is that I have to be able to run 5 miles at HER PACE, which is currently out of reach for me. Well, I've got 50 weeks to get there!

My younger sister (one going through divorce) just called me for the first time in a month. I've been sending How Are You? emails since her cell and home voice mail boxes are full. Her crazy ex-husband harasses her so she's let them get full and is not emptying them. She talked to me for 5 minutes and then needed to take another call. My feelings are....SIGH. She's overwhelmed but I need to trust she can figure it out on her own. She got into this mess, she can get out. It's not my job to rescue her. I have a personal success to celebrate tonight. I need to "Wait for the Question" which is Codependancy Recovery speak for "Wait for the person to ask for specific help, don't assume or jump in before being asked." It's hard.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

it is hard Frances, for sure...
'grats on your race tho

D
Old 11-20-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by aussieblue View Post
Tassie looks nice this time of year.
or Antarctica? lol

D
Old 11-20-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Glad your race went well, frances and that you're feeling better, Lofty.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi All!

Found out today is the 6th sober day for my online friend!!! I am so glad for this great new beginning.

Congrats on your race, Frances, and your improved time! Also, for not being codependent with your sister, which I know from experience is So hard

Glad you are feeling better, Lofty, and were able to work things out with the wife in a healthier way oh, wait Nope, I mean !

Great to see you posting, PBC! For you, Dee, all the Marchers

I'm doin' OK. Not physically up to much, and DH has shifted from supportive to ticked. Regular cycle around here, I'm just doing my best to stay out of it and let it pass. I don't blame him, really.

Plus, my son will be home in about 50 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing can wreck my mood!

Rosie
who decided to have some smilie fun
too much fun! had to delete about eight of them
Old 11-20-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Oh Rosie, that's awesome news on your friend. Have a great visit with your boy! Lovin the smilies.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:04 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
or Antarctica? lol

D
Originally Posted by RosieTheRiveter View Post

Glad you are feeling better, Lofty, and were able to work things out with the wife in a healthier way oh, wait Nope, I mean !
Old 11-20-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Daaaaaaviiiiiiiid....hope to hear from you tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey! Rosie! Thanks for the visuals! They were cathartic.

Sorry to hear the hubby is on the fritz. Time for a tune-up? Maybe he just needs time off for the holiday. Maybe we all do.

We're headed to Chicago for a few days. Then, there is a 2 day/night retreat locally for men in recovery at a jesuit facility. I'm thinking I may do it. Not sure yet. I could really use some dedicated time away to think of things. One of the guys last night said its like an intravenous infusion of 100 meetings in 2 days. In one way that scares me; in another, I think I need it. I've done similar retreats, although not about recovery, and have been spiritually moved.

DAve???? We really need to hear from you. You can't leave us hanging with your last post. That was 3 days ago. I hope you know we are here for you, just like you've been here for us. We need your good cheer! If that's what you have to offer. If it's not, we still need you.

This fight with alcohol has become very real. I never considered myself a day counter for any reason than counting progress. But, like a mutual fund account, I've now become greedy about the number of days that have added up, and I don't want to lose them to a stupid slip, relapse, or throwing in the towel. More importantly, I want to grow and progress, not regress. I need to do things differently, somehow.

My admiration and love for each of you continues to grow. Thanks for being here, and for allowing me to air my struggles.

Have a great sober week and Thanksgiving holiday! (For you Aussies, you can be thankful too! Especially on Thursday... )
Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Sending good morning hugs to you all! :ghug3
Old 11-21-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Morning! Lofty, so glad you feeling GOOD & GREEDY about expanding and strengthening your sobriety.
HI PBC AND AUSSIE!
Hi Rosie, I love the smilies! Thanks for understanding the codie thing and lol for the zipper-mouth smilie.

DAVE DAVE DAVE, check in my buddy!

My legs are sore beyond belief but it's all muscular. My joints are fine.

I am going to make today a GOOD DAY.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:30 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

BTW, all. I was reminded about PAWS on another thread, and printed off and read a medical article on it. Then I gave it to my wife. Her comment, "that's you!" She's right. I'd recommend the article, and will post a link when I find it again and have time.

Have a great day, all!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

This link was posted in the Family & Friends section and it really resonates for me:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3119161

Wanted to share in case it helps other Marchers.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Editor

Howdy do All? I am doing great! Went to the state meet this weekend down in central Florida. The boys didnt do there best, but they made it there. We left early Friday and came back late Saturday. It was a lot of time in the car, but good times were had by all!
I am sorry that I didnt leave a note.....letting ya'll know that I was out of pocket for a while. It sounds like there were some battles fought and won this weekend. I hope that you all are in a good place today!
I am happy for you frances!!!!! Great job on the run. That is impressive!!
Pbc- I am happy you are back in the groove!
Lofty- Keep your chin up brother.
mirage- you bad cop you!
Dee- keep on keepin on.
Your PLT
Dave
Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by LoftyIdeals View Post
Have a great sober week and Thanksgiving holiday! (For you Aussies, you can be thankful too! Especially on Thursday... )
Whats happening on Thursday?