Notices

Class Of October 2011 pt 3

Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

seethroughblue...welcome back. thanks for finding the courage to tell your story. what a difficult situation. thanks for coming back.

my view is...any one of us might stumble at any time. the worst thing would be for us to lose our support group. if we stumble, we should get right back up again as you have done, and find understanding and help from this forum. the point is to live sober and support one another. sobriety dates do not matter.

peace and strength.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks Goodcheer!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

seethroughblue, I agree with goodcheer. You should stick with us.

Was feeling fairly low and aimless last night but woke up today and decided to force myself to be productive. Just got back from a 3/4 mile swim and will walk the dog in a few hours, before the sun goes down. I think I need to be careful here and stay busy -- this sense of unproductiveness I've had the last few days makes we want to drink, since boredom was a big trigger for me.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Books, Running

Drinking, A love Story this is a great book. And another one "Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife". I am halfway through it and it's good!

I was just reflecting on this day, wednesday, exactly a month ago i was hungover and feeling hopless.

I am inspired by all of you who are running. I did that years ago. I am feeling inspired. Maybe I'll try it again. Cant hurt! (or can it?)!!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Stronger Together

Hello all

Roll call: My sober date is 10/17/2011. To maintain this state of grace, I read SR everyday. I walk in the surrounding woods 3-4x/wk, which includes a climb up a very steep trail that's not so long (maybe 40-50yds) as it is steep. I have to rest a few times on the ascent it's that steep. You runners would make it without stopping, my daughter does. The dogs charge past and I think to myself, 'I'd like to see you dogs do this standing upright, show-offs!'. Once up top I slow down to look for mushrooms this time of year. (Chanterelle (mostly), bolete, oyster, and cauliflower shroomies are winding down, but now there are Hedgehogs. Other times of the year we walk a loop that we do fast. Also, I am taking b-12's sublingualy along with a 'whole concentrated food' multivitamin, brand name 'Source of Life', big green horse pills, St John's wort to stabilize my mood, and melatonin just before bed if I feel antsy. Oh yeah, and Redbull.

Dee, GoodCheer, Tanja... Thank you each for offering up your counsel concerning how much sequestering is too much or not. Yes, Dee, I do question my motives because I wonder if I might be using this as an excuse to continue to isolate myself. However, in my previous attempts at staying sober, I have slipped down the rabbit-hole without having even seen it coming. So, I guess I don't fully trust myself out there yet. Knowing that so many of you are persevering in the presence of alcohol is most impressive, and inspirational to me. I will get there, too, one day

General, you rock this thread! Thanks for expanding on RA and your insights. Good stuff

Deserto... nice Pic! this is where you run?? Wow!

Sadsoul, Alaska, Honeypie, Boozfree, Philb, littlesparrow, Geralt, Goalof, Hoping everyone is keeping strong today... and enjoying life just as it is.

Sorry if I am missing some of you; I only went back two pages LOL. Check in!

Sigma, so glad you are back posting and not drinking. Missed you!

Letsdoit, samIam, you can probably tell by now that this is a good place to be, glad you are joining us. You can find so much support and guidance here. Deb
Old 11-02-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Nice to see you too Deb, also love mushroom hunting. I take the St.Johns on occasion, it was recommended by a friend years ago.

I have made an active decision to add a status in my signature, if the sober count is not kept up, it means I slipped. I plan on not slipping; I want to be forever Octoberian 2011. So keep an eye on me and I will try and keep up with all of you.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Deb, did you mean Cardio? I only run when I'm being chased.

I think I've got a cross-addiction. I'm now addicted to SR

Seriously, why can't I get anything done today? I need to finish a proposal, it should take me about an hour, but I'm just procrastinating like hell. Anyone else experiencing this?

Going to go walk the dog now, at least get away from the computer for a bit...
Old 11-02-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Deserto View Post
I think I've got a cross-addiction. I'm now addicted to SR

Seriously, why can't I get anything done today? I need to finish a proposal, it should take me about an hour, but I'm just procrastinating like hell. Anyone else experiencing this?
I must confess - I'm also addicted to SR I understand completely your feeling of being unproductive... I've been struggling with it for quite a while now... I either want to be on SR or I'm sleeping - only getting the "do or die" items done each day. And - let me tell you - I can't keep going this way.

On the bright side - it does seem to be getting a bit better. I actually think my addictive voice has been trying to convince me that I don't feel like doing anything so that I'll go back to drinking. NO WAY Overall it seems that each time I feel a little stronger my productivity goes up a little bit... Until then I figure that time on SR is time well-spent - I'm being productive at staying sober.

I think it's good being obsessed with being sober right now. In the past this is the timeframe where I would slip back into my old, bad habits and start drinking all over again. I'm not going back there this time!

Hang in there! Have a great walk!

p.s. Loving the thread on Allan Carr's book that you started. I'm hesitant to post because I don't feel all that smart but it has been fascinating to read. May post something once I re-read it. Lots of interesting ideas to think about.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Seethroughblue - I second everyone else - Please do stay! We're all going to have our struggles but it will be better if we all stick together.

Glad you felt comfortable coming back and sharing with us! You can do this - we can all do this! Each post gives me strength - thanks!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Stronger Together

Oh dear, I meant Gerbosko... our Mountainman in NC. I am having trouble keeping track of everyone. Deserto... You are the one who made to Vegas and back intact, right?

Sigma, ok Lady, I'll be watching your ticker! just keep on tickin'!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

procastination

Going to go walk the dog now, at least get away from the computer for a bit...

I know the feeling, I seem to procastinate on just about everything! Especially work. I think this is "normal" for early sobriety, though.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

who is who?

Originally Posted by debinaweb View Post
Oh dear, I meant Gerbosko... our Mountainman in NC. I am having trouble keeping track of everyone. Deserto... You are the one who made to Vegas and back intact, right?

Sigma, ok Lady, I'll be watching your ticker! just keep on tickin'!
LOL, Deb, I can NOT keep anyone straight. I thought General was the North Carolina Mountain man? Wasn't Animal was the one who went to Vegas??
Old 11-02-2011, 02:50 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

You guys crack me up. Yep, I went to Vegas.

The walk was great -- what a gorgeous day! But I still don't feel like doing this stupid proposal

Glad to hear others are having the same procrastination problem as I am.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good evening, Sobertobes. Good day today, think I've had a touch of the Pink Cloud. A new clarity to things - especially music. Feeling stronger and wanting to exercise. Good to read all the new posts. I think, just maybe, the craving for sweets is lessening - still there, but not every five minutes.

Starting to think about things other than not drinking. Feels good, but could be dangerous listening to others' experiences here. You know, the old AV trying a new tack - "Just a couple of glasses would be OK, wouldn't it...?"

Absolutely not. I like being a Sobertober more than I like wine.

Goodnight - see you tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

You guys crack me up.
smiles...i agree with that! glad to see such a lively group tonight.

speaking of Animal...yooohoooo haven't heard from you in a while!

peace and strength to all.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Guys, this procrastinating you're experiencing currently, is it since you got sober or have you always procrastinated?
Old 11-02-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

There's an exercise room down the hall from me..... maybe tonight I'll stop there after group. You guys are inspiring!!!

Thanks for the grats on 30 days I really appreciate it!

Even if I don't make it to the exercise room tonight, it's not like it's getting locked up or something - there's always tomorrow or the always rough fri-sun jaunt. I get the feeling reading about your guys' routines will keep me motivated!

Off to group in a minute. Talk with you all later!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone is having a wonderful sober evening. Honeypie - You are one strong lady! You really need to pat yourself on the back. It seems your "sober" side overruled your "addictive voice". Repitition was a tip I heard from a wise AAer. Congratulations on turning off the addictive voiceGoodcheer - I find YOU very inspiring. The dedication and commitment to go to 90 meetings in 90 days is laudable. I would like to attend AA soon. They say "take what you can and leave the rest". I think I would be foolish to not avail myself of AA. It's free and it is vital support. Desero and sadsoul - I have felt unproductive too. But, part of that is probably my "perfectionist" thinking. I should be doing this, I ought be doing that. I agree with sadsoul, sobriety is paramount and that type thinking is just discounting the positive. I think we can expect to feel this way for quite a while in early sobriety. We need to be gentle and kind to ourselves after years of beating ourselves up!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

ZenJen - Congratulations on 30 days! Is there some way you can reward yourself? (nice snack, good book, new outfit) 30 days is a milestone. Just wonderful.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by General View Post
Guys, this procrastinating you're experiencing currently, is it since you got sober or have you always procrastinated?
I'll answer this later.