Notices

Class Of October 2011 pt 3

Old 11-16-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Deb, I love that quote! So true and inspirational!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

Originally Posted by debinaweb View Post
Pickles, I thought your words to Gerbosko were so right on and timely. Sorry about getting let go after 17 years. I have a close friend who works in an insurance co, and she says it seems like they are sytematicaly firing the work force over age 50. Always for cause. She said she still didn't see it coming when it came for her. She is 54. Anyway, just glad, it sounds like you are moving on nicely.
Thank you for your words of encouragement. It is never easy getting let go from a job, whether you've been there 17 days or 17 years. The last couple of years there actually have not been very fulfilling and as much is it is a smack in the face, there was a side of me that was very relieved. I probably would not have taken those first steps toward sobriety if this had not happened and it would have been much easier to keep working in frustrated complacency, drinking myself to death and never getting to enjoy one iota of a retirement. Yes, getting a new job is an adventure but doing it sober makes it seem not so much a daunting task. Thanks much again for your words, good luck in your journeys!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread gang:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...11-pt-4-a.html

D