Notices

Class of October 2011 pt 2

Old 10-31-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Angry

Im so f-ing sick of being angry all the time!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Bound and Determined

A quick note before heading to bed. I didn't have the time to read the posts except yours just above me Littlesparrow. Congratulations on 30 days! What an amazing milestone. I send you good thoughts in memory of your mom. I'm sure she is smiling down on you in pride.

My question is probably daft, but I'm brand new and dont really know how these forums work. This is the October group...I'd really like to stay involved...does this thread just continue on when tomorrow passes into November or does something new start elswhere? I'm slightly (a little more than slightly) techno-impaired. Thanks for any answer.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome AB1111

I was pretty angry too - in the beginning
you'll find a lot of understanding and support here

D
Old 10-31-2011, 11:11 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Forever October 2011

Originally Posted by philb View Post
A quick note before heading to bed. I didn't have the time to read the posts except yours just above me Littlesparrow. Congratulations on 30 days! What an amazing milestone. I send you good thoughts in memory of your mom. I'm sure she is smiling down on you in pride.

My question is probably daft, but I'm brand new and dont really know how these forums work. This is the October group...I'd really like to stay involved...does this thread just continue on when tomorrow passes into November or does something new start elswhere? I'm slightly (a little more than slightly) techno-impaired. Thanks for any answer.
I think we just keep using this thread and are forever October 2011's.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:31 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll start a new thread for you guys soon, but alaska's right - you peeps are the Class of October 2011 no matter what the month is.

Someone will start a Class of November 2011 thread in Newcomers soon for all those quitting this month

D

Last edited by Dee74; 11-01-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:43 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days little Sparrow - I'll be there in a week.

Alaska, sober date 10/10/11, using SR forum and recovery books, exercise and vitamin B complex.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'll start a new thread for you guys soon, but alaska's right - you peeps are the Class of October 2011 no matter what the month is.

Someone will start a Class of November 2011 thread in Newcomers soon for all those quitting this month

D
I started this group 1'st of the month, and so far I've managed to slip off and on all month. Time to get myself together here, still an octoberian 2011'er
Old 11-01-2011, 05:02 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Happy November, dear Octobers!

Sigma...welcome!

LittleSparrow...I am so sorry about the loss of your mother, so young. You have been through so much. I am glad you feel her support of your sobriety. You are awesome...hang in there!

BoozeFree...congratulations on day 3. Thank you SO much for suggesting online AA meetings. I had no idea they existed. Just did a search and i see that there may be some options out there for me.

Day 23 for me today. Yesterday was tough with no meeting, Halloween, massive cravings. Overall, my life is so much better. Sleeping well and more energy during the day. I feel proud of the achievement of sobriety instead of ashamed over my secret addiction. I am focusing on simply not drinking right now. I think that over time, there will be more richness in sobriety than i can achieve right now, as i am still battling cravings and uncontrollable thoughts. I am worried about three major birthday celebrations in the next month, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. I want to stay sober and find a way to have fun and celebrate, without grief and obsession over wine.

sending peace and strength to all.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...11-pt-3-a.html

D