Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 7

Old 10-07-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Editor

OK folks. I am outta hear. I am heading to the house and I hope that you all have a safe/sober weekend.
PLH
Dave

Last edited by lookinforward; 10-07-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: had to edit once for mirage
Old 10-07-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
orangutan

I just typed out an answer to everyone and then I timed out and my post all disappeared when I logged back in . Well I am not typing them all again ....... I am not ....... well just some.

Originally Posted by lookinforward View Post
[B]
I like your rat Aussie!!!!
Dave
I am a Rat in real life - born in the Chinese year of the Rat that is.

Dee so glad your tests came back good.

Frances and professor hope your both on the mend.

Mirage 4th Graders your a stronger woman than me.

Lofty have your been picked up yet?

Iancal how are you doing today .
Old 10-07-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
orangutan

8 posts while I tried to write one
Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi Aussie...Yes, she finally came for me, the lone loser on the park bench outside the restaurant, communicating with my only friend, Android.

Dave...I know how you feel. Last night, after the meal, during the second speaker, I removed my napkin from my lap and something didn't feel right. You guessed it, I was at half-mast. The correction made an audible zip, but no one blinked. I think I made it through without notice, I think. Better than my college poli sci teacher who taught the whole class pants wide open!

What does it mean when your therapist nods off not once but twice during your session? Does this mean I've graduated? Hmmmm... I like him and will give him the benefit of the doubt since it was late on a Friday.

Feeling pretty vulnerable right now. Ritalin is working, which means I'm feeling pretty normal and not as constantly reminded of my brokenness. Weather is beautiful, I had a good work week (sale consummated), and a glass of merlot would go perfect with the celebratory steak and lobster on the grille (that's "the barbie" for Aussie and Dee).
I am needing to remind myself every minute of the problems that led to today. I'm being strong.

How was school, Mirage?

Hope all enjoy their weekend!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Editor

That there merLOT aint gonna be no good. It would give you heart burn and a bad after taste. I like sober Lofty..... I know that you are just venting...just sayin. The steak and lobter on the other hand....mmmmmm that is sounding good.
Probably ball park food for me then up for the run in the morning.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Editor

Dont get me wrong...I aint runnin. Its my boy.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
orangutan

Lofty don't call yourself a loser , your not. Stupid therapist nodding off ,I hope you didn't pay him/her. Stay strong and forget about that glass.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
orangutan

I just checked and I have 100 days today . I made it to 105 before I drank last time . I was going to give myself a dancing banana untill I found this guy.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

SWEEEEEEET Aussie!!! I love the little dancing blob of...blob! Very proud of your days, girl!!

Lotsa barn door mishap stories today! (I dunno how you guys walk around with those things.)

Dee...glad your results were good ones, albeit not as comprehensive as you were hoping. You sounded happy, tho so I'm happy when you're happy.

Dave..just so you know, there is way to enlarge this screen where we type. It doesn't get ginormous, but it does help a little. Upper rt hand corner there are arrows up and down. If you hover over the ones pointing down it'll read "increase size". Right above this white window on the gray part. You may know this, but just in case. Your list with every one being 1. cracked me up. Yeah, I never viewed luck as something to either believe in or not. I'll have to think about this more. If I opted to embrace the "believing" in it, then I guess it would be in the way of perceiving it as a matter of random chance. Ok, I guess I just thought about it! I can cross that off my things to do tonight!

Abundantly FOS...I love that.

Lofty..I'd take the fact that your therapist fell asleep as a sign that you're incredibly healthy. lol. If you had major issues he'd be riveted!!

School went well today! The kids really got a kick out of it, that I was "Ben's mom". I knew quite a few of em from volunteering in the past. They were chatterboxes, but good kids. My feet hurt! Not used to being on em for that long anymore! Tomorrow we have B's 10th birthday party..he's havin 5 buddies for bowling and a sleepover. Should be interesting...
Old 10-07-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things went well mirage

Dave I didn't understand a lot of the last page or so but maybe my brain is abundantly FOS lol

Congratulations on 100 days Aussie - that awesome

and Lofty - no foolin' - I find a glass of sparkling water with a twist of lime goes down really well with a 'barbie'...better than wine or beer ever did

Enjoy your weekend Prof - and everyone
D
Old 10-07-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, Dee. Managed to choke down a steak and split a lobster without imbibing. Then, I rounded up my son for a bit of night driving behind the wheel practice. He only got one look from a guy who must have been sure he was behind a drunk driver. First time on the big road, but it's better that way since the secondary roads are unlined.

Went grocery shopping and bought tangerine juice, and made a Pellegrino/tangerine spritzer on ice when I got home. You are right. It's refreshing.

Mirage, the son I took driving is also Ben. Weird, huh? Glad your day went well; you are a great mom, and I'm sure a favorite sub.

100 DAYS FOR AUSSIE!!!!!! YEE HAW!!!! Congrats! Proud of ya! Thanks for the comments, too. I know I'm not a loser, I just play one in life...just kidding. I'm actually feeling pretty good about myself. I took my therapist nodding off as a tired addiction therapist who works at a psychiatric hospital with a lot of people with needs much more acute than mine. We have good discussion, and he's good for me, and, as far as I know, he's human, so I'll cut him a break. God knows I've been cut plenty of breaks by loved ones, strangers, and clients alike.

This next couple weeks are important proving grounds for me. Two business trips, getting caught up on the finances, and taking full advantage of this bump to build further business ops. Those are reasons enough to stay sober. Why go back to what brought me here?

You guys are my anchors! And, my lifelines. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey that reminds me, Lofty..you mentioned something once about maybe going to therapy every week. Not that it's my business, but I was curious about your opinion...do you currently go every other week? I decided to do that, and just wondered if you had an opinion on it. Like maybe you don't feel like you get as much accomplished with him every other, or you feel it's fine to do it every other, etc. Anyone else who wants to chime in on this is welcome, too, of course. I'm sure it's just personal opinion and depends on the individual, but I just wondered if anyone had an opinion about it.

That spritzer sounds interesting. Is Pellegrino just sparkling water? I do love my pineapple juice and 7-UP with a splash of grenadine. It's sweet, but yummy. Glad you enjoyed your meal, even tho it entailed a giant cockroach of the sea.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:14 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

And yes, we have good taste in names!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by LoftyIdeals View Post
100 DAYS FOR AUSSIE!!!!!! YEE HAW!!!!
Thanks Lofty but can you keep it down you just woke the neighbours.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

C'mon, Aussie! It's a party!

Mirage...I was going every 10 days, then went 3 weeks, causa' money, and then 2 wks. Went back to 10 days today, as I concluded late Friday afternoons are not his greatest waking moments. I think we both agree that I'm doing sufficiently with my addiction recovery, so we are moving forward with my ADD as a primary focus. My main goal is to become fully functioning at home and work so I can live up to the potential I've always been told I'm not achieving. Clock is ticking on kids college, and I'd like to retire in 15 yrs if I can, so I must be motivated for top earnings. That will take some work. So, every 10 days for now. I'm takiing my wife with me next time. She, at my urging, went to her 3 free EAP visits with another counselor, and is now balking on going again so I thought it might help her to meet mine. I think it depends on the person, and what it takes to effectively progress on your issues.

San Pellegrino is Italian mineral water. Non-alcoholic. Same with the tangerine juice. It's good stuff. I also drink LeCroix, flavored mineral water in a can, and as cheap as coke, and Canadra Dry's new lemon lime mineral water. Tasty, refreshing, and a lot better for ya than soda. I like pineapple juice too. Yours sounds like a sunrise!

G'night. See y'all in the a.m.!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:52 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Oh yeah...Mirage...I've always heard that shrimp are the cockroaches of the sea. If lobster are as well, them's mighty big cockroaches...and I love 'em!

Good luck with the bowling tonight! You've given me an idea for my home peeps.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:14 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey, Mirage? How goes it, or does it, with the nicotine? No pressure, just wondering.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:28 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Loving the energy and purpose everybody! Up dumb early. It is full dark. Running 11 with my buddies. Think this run as SR made manifest. We all joke and talk and support each other in doing something hard and worth it that is easier with friends.

Going to the LAND OF GIANT COCKROACHES this afternoon my friends. Maine, the Way Life Should Be (That's the state's vacation motto) Going to peep at pretty colorful leaves.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:43 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Well done, Frances. You've changed my picture! Maine is much further north than the image I had conjured. But, I like it! Send more of those giant cockroaches to Ohio!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Ok...I'm pulling a Dave. BTB.

Just wanted to say that I'm really glad I didn't drink last night. Woke up refreshed this a.m., despite only 5.5 hrs of sleep (hmmm...wonder what that would be in metric time?)

Now, I'm working on the planned tasks at hand, instead of nursing a headache.

Still a little uneasy about the Ritalin, like I'm betraying myself or something, but I can't deny it's helping.

My first trip to the new gym at 11, as they scheduled a free personal trainer session.

Oh yeah...Frances? Are the leaves pretty colorful, or pretty and colorful?

It's kinda like the joke in elem school that we'd play on the neighborhood girls at the bus stop.

"Gee...you're pretty! ....(wait for smile)...Pretty Ugly!" Yeah, I was one of those jerks.

Have a great sober Saturday, people!