Notices

Class of September 2011 Part 2

Old 10-03-2011, 06:07 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by juststopit View Post
good luck Kopfan! Hey, maybe I will join you, would that be o.k.? Not in competition, but in camaraderie.
The more the merrier! I'll have to weigh myself tonight when I get home.

Managed one pressup yesterday! But hey it's progress!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'll join the weight loss project too. I'll start back at the gym today. I really need to get back. Up till this summer my Dad and I would go 3 times a week and I'd fill in the other days myself. His knee started giving him trouble so he stopped and I did as well. Now it's tme to get back to it.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Keep On Keeping On

Hi all!

Day 12 here and feeling good. Hope everyone had a nice and relaxing weekend!

Alaska - my first stab at Apple bread turned out amazing if I do say so myself but it was just nice to bake and cook again. Something I really enjoy doing when I have someone else to cook for. Glad to hear your retreat went well, perhaps, it would be a good place to meet some new sober friends or do some fun sober activities. I should really look at joining a church just to meet some new people but like you, I get scared in new situations like that but if you can do it you give me hope that I can too!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm In

Originally Posted by kopfan View Post
I'm going to do a 30 day challenge. Lose as much weight as I can in 30 days.

Got the rower set up in my office, biking to work and back off we go!
Hey, that inspired me, I need to drop some weight. I lost about 10 pounds during my last few months of drinking, I want to keep it off and keep going!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Happy Monday! I stopped counting my days. Dang, I think its nearly 2 weeks tomorow?? My sponser wants to do my 4th and 5th step tomorow. Yikes. But its something I have put off for years. I go to AA but I never work the steps, and then I end up drinking. Try something different, I am told.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:11 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I relapsed last night after 23 days. I kept busy all weekend and spent yesterday helping my Mum strip wall paper but when I got home, I went straight to the pub and ended up drinking until 5am. Today has been miserable and I feel I've let myself down badly, but I feel a bit better after spending some time on here reading posts. Why I didn't do likewise last night, I just don't know??
I felt tired, bored and irritable for most of last week but never had much of an urge to drink until last night when I was suddenly overwhelmed by the feeling.
So, I dust myself down and start again...
Old 10-03-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that happened Wullie but I'm glad you're back.
I've had the same happen before - no warning...bam.

It's often when we're tired or run down in some way, too....HALTs a good acronym to remember if you haven't heard it before (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired).

Keep working on it - I did and gradually I got better at listening to myself - I learned the hard way whenever I feel tired, bored and irritable...even if there's no conscious thought of drinking....it's time to ramp up the support

D
Old 10-03-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hey all,
Day 25 for me!Feeling pretty good but have been having headaches since I stopped drinking. Maybe stress. Glad to join the group.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Pooky

D
Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

It's quiet..how is everyone??
Old 10-04-2011, 12:00 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I slept well last night and after the self-induced nightmare that was yesterday I feel much brighter and optimistic.

Thanks for the advice re- HALT, Dee. Perhaps I need to go back to AA? I thought SR was all I needed support-wise, as I was doing so well, but maybe I should get more support.

Hope everyone else is well today.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:06 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Day 20 nearly over.

Get right back on the horse, Oor Wullie. 23 days of sobriety is no mean feat and certainly better than 23 days spent drinking. I don't go to AA regularly but I do find it helpful and I have learned a lot about alcoholism and how to manage myself in sobriety - it's not just a matter of stopping drinking for me. Not drinking allows a lot of emotional issues to come to the surface which need to be dealt with. It can't hurt to try out a few meetings.

Pooky - are you drinking enough water? It might just be some detox as well as stress. Congrats on 25 days
Old 10-04-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

OorWullie: just jump back on! If you made it 23 days you can make it longer.

Welcome Pooky! Can't hurt to go to the Dr. if the headaches keep up, but Tigerlili might be right, drink lots of water. When I was getting over the first few days I drank tons of coconut water and it seemed to help a lot.

Fallingwater: apple cake sounds delicious. What kind of apples did you use?
Was thinking of going to farmers market this weekend and getting apples for the first apple pie of the season (hmmmmm, guess that doesn't really fit with my weight loss goals does it now!)

The weekend went pretty well. It was nice to feel healthy and productive. Managed to get several projects done that I have been putting off. Actually looking forward to coming home early today so I can finish sealing the deck and move all the furniture back on it. Usually when I got home before 5 I would just go ahead and start drinking. So much nicer to get things done. I always had this feeling of guilt about how little got done at our house, not that is starting to slowly turn around.

Wishing you all a nice sober autumn day.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:01 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind messages of support. I feel much better today and plan to go back to AA. I'll also join the weight loss quest as could do with dropping a few pounds.,

Best wishes to everyone.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Keep On Keeping On

Hi all.

Hope everything is going well for all today! It's a chilly start to the morning here but feeling good and sober and have a phone interview in a few minutes for a job in New Hampshire.

juststopit - I used Honeycrisp for the bread since they are a little sweeter and firmer. I like to know there is apple in there

I hope you all have a wonderful day and keep up the good work. Look past today and on to the future!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm insanely busy but doing well. Really have a hankering for apple bread...
Apples are one of my favorite foods on earth! And baking in bread...warm...I must learn to make it. This is off topic but a recipe, please!
Wishing all a fabulous week. Glad to see many doing well. I'm so glad you're feeling better Oorwullie.
Take care all.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Keep On Keeping On

Sunshine Sally - This is the recipe I make. I cut it in half though so I only make 1 loaf. The dough is really dry so I add a little apple juice to it and bake it a little longer Enjoy!!

Apple Bread Recipe
Old 10-05-2011, 01:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Day 21 nearly over. I can hardly believe it's been three weeks.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:56 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Sunshine Sally - This is the recipe I make. I cut it in half though so I only make 1 loaf. The dough is really dry so I add a little apple juice to it and bake it a little longer Enjoy!!

Apple Bread Recipe
Thank you, Fallingwater, can't wait to make it. My place will smell heavenly!
Today is Zumba day (will need to work off the bread in advance).
Old 10-05-2011, 03:01 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

TigerLili, congrats, that is so great!