Notices

Class of September 2011 Part 2

Old 10-02-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

BoozeFree- Stay strong. You can do this. Just don't hesitate to seek medical attention if things start to get hairy.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
Day 20 for me. I am finding myself to being somewhat forgetful as of late, as if my brain is off in La La Land sometimes. Is anybody experiencing anything similar?
Hi Primrose, yeah I've been having the same problem. Its 22 days for me. But one thing I might mention is that each day its gotten a bit better. Also I've been eating organically and adding some vitamin and fish oil supplements. Research fish oil and you'll find it has helped with ADD and all sorts of things. The last time I tried to dry out I would have headaches that lasted for weeks. This time around, with the healthy eating I've no headaches whatsoever. Cause and effect I dont know, but I do feel like a million bucks sometimes. Best wishes.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Living Sober

I wanted to join this group but I also slipped the last day of September, so my day 1 (October 1'st) is the same as you guys (boozefree & stevie). I have posted mainly in the 2 week and under thread, but wanted to join a month thread. Can a moderator please start one for October 2011? Or is that something that anyone can do?

I hope to beat this thing; my soul is really starting to wear down. I did make it another Saturday without, have had a few weekends like this lately as I fight this thing.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:46 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can start one if you like Sigma?

We always start them in the Newcomers forum tho so that brand new newcomers can see it

D
Old 10-02-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Living Sober

I hope you meant the first newcomers forum? I started one over there, if that's the wrong place hopefully it can be moved.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats the one Sigma - thanks

D
Old 10-02-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Wow, made it through my second weekend. Day 14 for me!!!

Had a great time today working in the yard. Spent most of yesterday repairing the lawnmower (felt more like rebuilding). Today I got everything mulched and cleared the deck off so I can clean it tomorrow (have monday off too which will be nice). Was a little annoyed that my husband didn't praise me enough for fixing the mower, but since I wasn't drinking I was able to get over it without making a jerk of myself. Nice how the not drinking makes life better in so many ways.

I wanted to thank everyone for all of the great support here. I am so thankful to have made it this far.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 2 weeks juststopit

D
Old 10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Congrats on 14 days juststopit, I have been there a couple times, I know the feeling and the energy.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ramblon View Post
Hi Primrose, yeah I've been having the same problem. Its 22 days for me. But one thing I might mention is that each day its gotten a bit better. Also I've been eating organically and adding some vitamin and fish oil supplements. Research fish oil and you'll find it has helped with ADD and all sorts of things. The last time I tried to dry out I would have headaches that lasted for weeks. This time around, with the healthy eating I've no headaches whatsoever. Cause and effect I dont know, but I do feel like a million bucks sometimes. Best wishes.
Ramblon- You really got me thinking. I drink too much caffeine, eat very unhealthy, and don't exercise. The list could go on. After abusing my body with alcohol it could use a little TLC. Time to make some changes. Thanks for your post.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:48 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Yummmmmm!!

Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Happy Saturday All and first day of October! It's a cool day here in Wisconsin but there is lots of Wisconsin sports on today to keep me occupied (Go Badgers and Brewers ). Thinking about possibly making some apple bread or applesauce since my parents have a plethora of apples on hand from the local orchard.

Hope everyone has a great day and keep up the good work.
Sounds awsome! How did it go?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Dont ever stop trying!!

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Fell off waggon yesterday on day 5,looks like i gotta join the october group...sorry...
(((((((hugs)))))))! and I mean that Stevie, do not ever ever ever stop trying. I am not going to. We cant give up, we cant. We have so much to live for and to drink is to head towards death, slowly, or quickly, but always in that direction.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:02 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Yeah to us all for another 24 hours! I survived the weekend, sober! So there was no alcohol all at this camp/retreat that my son and I went to. It was weird, they were all, as far as I could tell, "normies". Alcohol was not even mentioned in anything we talked about. And we had FUN. Adults, kids, a group of about 15 people, and I wasn't the only single parent there. I am glad I went. I should have gone to a meeting today and I didn't. I feel bad. Scared. I am playing head games again, when I don't take my ant abuse for a couple days I start planning when I could safely drink again and then I start planning my drunk. HELP! Why do I do this? It's crazy. Life is great sober, why would I want to jeopardize that? WHY? For that feeling of a first drink, when it first hits my stomach, that feeling lasts, what maybe 15 minutes? and the agony lasts for hours. Well, it helps to be typing it out here, putting my thoughts into words, hoping i am not the only one going through this right now. It such a lonely thing, this disease.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:13 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi Alaska...good to read your post. Ours is a lonely disease, yes. It's important that we remember that and that we don't isolate when we need each other.

I've never taken Antabuse, but I totally get how someone could plan a drunk over it wearing off. It's created it's own sense of dependence. I quit a lot of things all at once 8 weeks ago, in an attempt to avoid simply transferring one addiction or dependency for another. So...guess what happened? Now I'm drinking far too much caffeine for my own good, and here I sit at 2 am EST, heart palpitating, wide awake. I have more than alcoholism and drug addictions/dependencies, I have an addictive mindset that will find anything to relieve my mind from normal sobriety. I would almost swear I can get "drunk" off a cup of coffee. This has been a real wake up call to me over the last several weeks (pardon the pun). You'd better believe my therapist and I will address this on Friday.

Anyway, I hope you can overcome that self-defeating thinking that's going on over the antabuse. Keep posting!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:31 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 19.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

It such a lonely thing, this disease
I think that's why it's so, so important to reach out Alaska - I know there's the greater part of you that doesn't want to drink...call in some reinforcements and make sure that part wins...I think it's a great idea to reach out and ask for some support - not only here but in real life too

Stevie - I tried for 15 years more or less - don't give up, man - see you in the October thread

D
Old 10-03-2011, 12:22 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

It such a lonely thing, this disease
I think that's why it's so, so important to reach out Alaska - I know there's the greater part of you that doesn't want to drink...call in some reinforcements and make sure that part wins...I think it's a great idea to reach out and ask for some support - not only here but in real life too

Stevie - I must have forgotten to post yesterday

I tried for 15 years more or less - don't give up, man - see you in the October thread

D
Old 10-03-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm going to do a 30 day challenge. Lose as much weight as I can in 30 days.

Got the rower set up in my office, biking to work and back off we go!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:40 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Alaska: I am glad you had fun this weekend...isn't it strange finally having fun with other people, and without drinking. I know you can get through the cravings. I agree, writing it out here helps a lot. I feel like when I write those destructive thoughts out here I can get them out of my mind. Seeing them on the page, and having others see them helps me look at them from the correct light.

It is just above freezing here this morning...so I am waiting for it to warm up a little before taking the dog for a hike. My husband and I decided that we would take all the money we have saved not drinking (and he also stopped smoking recently) and use it for a backpacking trip next summer. There are a couple of pretty tough peaks on our route so I have to get my recovering butt ready! Taking the dog helps; he tackles each moment with such enthusiasm and in a crunch he is always willing to haul me up hills like a sled dog.

Have great days everyone!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

good luck Kopfan! Hey, maybe I will join you, would that be o.k.? Not in competition, but in camaraderie.