One Year and Over Club Part 2

Old 10-05-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

yep, as itch mentioned,

it's the international super highway of recovery
Old 10-06-2011, 02:04 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This is the third day I've woken up sick as hell... What's scary is that I used to wake up every damn day feeling this bad... At least this illness is not self inflicted.

THis Saturday I'll have 22 months sober!!

Little Snoopy is such a cuddle-bug. He slept last night under the covers with my arm around him. I may be sick but at least I've got friends to cuddle with.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:53 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you're well again before Saturday least

D
Old 10-06-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If I'm well, great, if not, oh well... at least I'll be sober! And I can't feel too badly with all these dogs to snuggle with.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Least,
Yes we all have that we are sober, and that as RZ said is the "path" that we have chosen. But have you visited the Doc over this not feeling well? We still have to take care of the other things in addition to our sobriety too kiddo! And I hope you take care from yourself.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

do hope your on the upswing soon least

hiya itch
Old 10-07-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey RZ! Hey my days of hanging around may be over as I am getting recruited again. Man when I was looking for a job I was too old and overqualified but when I decide to stay retired all my old buds come out of the woodwork recommending me to their friends who ask them to come back to work with them, but they are in failing health. I am deciding if I want to get involved in one last big git r done biz build or not. Then I will call and decline or accept to commit. Not a threat to my sobriety, but I have to get out of the comfort zone again and get back into "the" zone. Actually may be just what I need. It is amazing what becomes possible when we are sober enough to start to test our wings again phoenix like, and have to make that decision to risk again or not. Or just sit on my ash.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you'll make an informed decision either way Itchy - best of luck to ya whichever way you go

D
Old 10-07-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you'll make an informed decision either way Itchy - best of luck to ya whichever way you go

D
Old 10-07-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

double dipping dee? (...)

itch, when were spiritualy fit,

we can do anything, and go anyplace

good wishes bro
Old 10-07-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I seem to do that a lot...reflects my second chance at life I guess Zip?

D
Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Congrats LtT!

Tom...I got the package today...thanks...Ghostly isn't getting any:p

Least, I hope you are feeling better and glad you have a snuggle buddy...my dogs just hog all the covers and snore! Well they don't actually snore but they are breathing loudly!

So I'm doing this thing called the Game On Diet...it basically a team health plan thing. I have it easy because I don't drink and you loose a ton of points if you drink! You are supposed to drink 3 liters a day of water...which is hard because that's a lot of drinking...so I'm thinking about how much h2o I'm drinking and I was all of a sudden like "I didn't even drink that much wine in a day!", I usually passed out before I got past 2 liters. Now if I had one if those days where I would pass out then wake up and start again I probably could have managed 3 liters of wine. Amazing how much easier it is to drink tons of water than wine...I might have to pee a lot but I feel great in every other part of my well being! Bonus...I'm dropping weight easier than ever before...and yes I am eating tons too, just good stuff!

See you all later!

T
Old 10-08-2011, 03:00 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

dee
reflects my second chance at life
hell yeah,

and we would be real stupid (selfish) to screw that up again!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good luck with that diet Tina! I drink that much since I quit drinking and smoking, but I am drinking crystal light and I am beginning to think that I need to switch to water too, and get a good filter at the sink to remove chlorine.

I am with you Tina in spirit, trying to lose some myself.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Amen RZ, I am having to face that I need to get out again much more, and engage rather than observe. I am just not sure I want to enagage at full tilt all at once. See it isn't a crisis of confidence, as all my life I prevailed simply by dotting my i's and crossing my t's, and working hard.

I have had a very nice experience recently beginning to publish some of my work online at the Word Distillery and received some rave reviews there and enjoyed sharing with others and critiqueing too. Unfortunately that website lost most of the active members me being one, and was about to be closed down but had a brief and current renaissance. I use the same first name there I do on my website, RV. I already copied off all of my work just in case. But if any here enjoy poetry there are years of contributions there some great and some not so much, but interesting to me in any event at one time in my life.

I might get back to writing, who knows. Nice to have choices to make, instead of just making drinks.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

Feeling a bit better today. Well enough to make a steak for supper (and to share with the doggies) Still no energy but managed to walk Jack and SNoopy a mile this morning. Just need to get all three out later on for Nikko's 'elderly' walk - only a quarter mile due to his age and arthritis.

Am so tickled to be closing in on two years sober. I remember how mad at myself I was for drinking again after nearly six months sober (back in Dec 09) If I hadn't relapsed then I'd have almost two and a half years... but no use crying over what was, when what is is so satisfying.

Itchy, please send me a link to that poetry website. I'd love to read yours. I used to write poetry too but I've not been too creative the last few years...
Old 10-08-2011, 01:48 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
HFA

I think of that too whenever I get an urge...don't want to reset the clock on my 15 months.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:06 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Just got home from a night at the Opera. Nabucco at Lincoln Center. My friend who sings in the chorus got us free tix. Had a spectacular dinner before...you really appreciate food so much better without booze.

2 years ago I wouldn't have been able to do that or even if I had managed I wouldn't have been able to be present in the moment to enjoy the music...I would have been thinking about the next drink, and how many I could down during intermission without anyone noticing.

Nite all!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:12 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds great T

D
Old 10-09-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Glad you are feeling somewhat better Least and congrats on your 22 months!