Notices

Codependency and Beyond Part 21

Old 10-24-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
mergirl

Monday, October 24, 2011
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go
Opening Ourselves to Love

Open ourselves to the love that is available to us.

We do not have to limit our sources of love. God and the Universe have an unlimited supply of what we need, including love.

When we are open to receiving love, we will begin to receive it. It may come from the most surprising places, including from within us.

We will be open to and aware of the love that is and has been there for us all along. We will feel and appreciate the love from friends. We will notice and enjoy the love that comes to us from family.

We will be ready to receive love in our special love relationships too. We do not have to accept love from unsafe people - people who will exploit us or with whom we don't want to have relationships.

But there is plenty of good love available - love that heals our heart, meets our needs, and makes our spirit sing.

We have denied ourselves too long. We have been martyrs too long. We have given so much and allowed ourselves to receive too little. We have paid our dues. It is time to continue the chain of giving and receiving by allowing ourselves to receive.

Today, I will open myself to the love that is coming to me from the Universe. I will accept it and enjoy it when it comes
Old 10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

(((Lisa))) - so glad to hear everything is going well with you!

(((Frances))) and (((Rita))) - I always think of what someone once told me - "parents know how to push our buttons because THEY installed them" Boundary setting with my family has been a bit of hit or miss, but it is better than it used to be.

Got the nicest surprise when I went to pick up my car. I knew the alternator warranty was out by 2 months, so was expecting to pay about $250. David told me "it says labor is $75, just give me $50" and when I asked him about the actual alternator, he'd sweet-talked the guy into not charging him. I just ran over, gave him a hug and said "I just LOVE you".

I tried to give him the $75, told how I totally appreciate all the times he hasn't charged me labor, but this is his livelihood and he was adamant...$50.

I am still really struggling in school, but luckily have a couple classmates that we are cheering each other on and helping each other out. So many of the instructions seem clear, then we get back a 60 because that's not what she wants...on a 27 page power-point presentation (though I did get kudos for how well it looked). My friend and I are fighting the grade, may have to do it over, but last night it was really getting me down.

Feel somewhat better today. Got to sleep at 6a.m., up at noon and about to start research for the other 3 major papers I have to write, study for a comprehensive exam, yada yada.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-25-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Letting Go of the Past

... in thy book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me when as yet there was none of them.
—Ps. 139:16

Some people believe that each of our days were planned, Divinely Ordered, before we were born. God knew, they say, and planned exactly what was to transpire.

Others suggest we chose, we participated in planning our life - the events, the people, the circumstances that were to take place, in order to work through our issues and learn the lessons we needed to master.

Whatever our philosophy, our interpretation can be similar: Our past is neither an accident nor a mistake. We have been where we needed to be, with the necessary people. We can embrace our history, with its pain, its imperfections, and its mistakes, even its tragedies. It is uniquely ours; it was intended just for us.

Today, we are right where we need to be. Our present circumstances are exactly as they need to be - for now.

Today, I will let go of my guilt and fear about my past and present circumstances. I will trust that where I have been and where I am now are right for me.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

That's a reading whose general content I reject. When I look at the evil in the world, and those who have been subjected to it, innocents who have died because of it... nope, I can't get on board.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Chino - this is one that I struggle with too. Especially when our Kaileigh asked me "why does God make people die?"

As you know she lost her mom when she was 4 yrs old, within the last year we have lost 3 close family members ~ Mr. PINK lost 2 brothers (Kaileigh was close to both of them) and then of course my Dad (Gramps the grandkids called him) and a close friend of the family that we hung out with often.

So when she asked me that - I prayed quickly "God help me!!!!"

And this is the answer that I heard my voice saying - "I don't think God makes people die, Sunshine ~ I think that we live in a nasty old world that has sickness and accidents. People like your mom get sick and die before they are old, some people have accidents and get hurt and die, some people die when they are old and their bodies are worn out ~ some people die because mean people hurt them - But I don't think it's because God makes them. I think when it happens God sends His angels to love them, comfort them and bring them to a safer place called Heaven."

That's how I explained it to a 7 yr old ~ she was ok with that for now. I know as she matures she will have to seek and find her own answers and pathway.

It's hard to believe that each of us were "predestined" to live in such pain, heartbreak and struggle thru so much turmoil. I just have a difficult time believing that the God of my understanding would do that ~

Maybe it's justifying, watering down and making it work for me - but I look at it that this imperfect damaged world throws things at us and we have free will to choose how to respond - with love or with hate. Those that choose hate continue the evil cycle that mars our world from being what our HP intended it to be ~ those that choose love keep the evil from complete control and help good continue to prosper and grow - ODAT!

Such a vast thing to try to grasp and understand ~ maybe I over simplify it ~ I don't know - I just know I want to believe in the good in people, but I honestly know there isn't a lot of it so I am cautious.

Whew - what a deep subject for early morning coffee/hot choc huh?

Guess for one thing I'm grateful I don't have to have all the answers and I can still give unconditional love to all my sweet friends also sharing a sweet PINK smile & HUG to each of you!

It's a fabulious Wednesday - enjoy the blessings!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Rita, I don't think you over simplified, I think the reading over generalized

There's been a lot going on in my world lately, pertaining to my ethnicity. I've been compelled to look back at all that my families have endured and still endure to this day. When my grandparents were forcibly removed, as young children, from their families to attend Indian schools across the country; when they were horribly abused by those in charge of them and it was sanctioned by our government.... well, no, they were not where they needed to be and they nor their families had any say in it.

And horrible things continue to happen to this day in all parts of the world. Some will never recover because they have no resources, some will die slow torturous deaths. There's no way in hell I can believe that they're where they need to be

On a much brighter note, I witnessed a breathtaking aurora the other night and got a few photos! In that instance, I was exactly where I needed to be and I was prepared
Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
mergirl

ahhhhh! the aurora is on my bucket list! Post pics please =)
Old 10-26-2011, 10:41 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
mergirl

Thursday, October 27, 2011
Step Eleven

Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
—Step Eleven of Al Anon

"... praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out" means that we ask on a daily basis to be shown the plan for that day. We also ask our Source for the power we need to carry that through. We will get a yes to both requests.

We do not ask other people to show their will for us. We ask God. Then we trust that we'll be empowered to carry God's will through.

God never, never asks us to do anything that He would not equip us to do. He never asks us to do anything we can't do. If we are to do it, we will be empowered. That's the easy part of this program. We never have to do more than we can, or anything we can't. If we want to worry and fuss we can, but we don't need to. That is our choice.

I have learned, through difficult and good times that this Step will carry me through. When I don't know what to do next, God does. Working this Step, one day at a time, will take us to places we could never have traveled on our own. Simple acts, done daily in accordance to God's will for us, lead to a Grand Plan for our life.

Today, I will focus on asking God to show me what He wants me to do. I will ask God for the power to do that; then I will go ahead and get the job done. God, help me let go of my fears about living life one day at a time. Help me trust that when life is lived simply and in trust, a beautiful mosaic called "my life" will be woven. I am being divinely led, guided, and cared for
Old 10-27-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

((Chino)) I hate so much your family had to experience such abuse and mistreatment - I pray for peace and comfort for those who have gone on to have a better experience now then when they walked on this earth.

Today I am trying to avoid focusing on things that make me angry ~ i feel so surrounded and full of anger some days and that is just NOT me.

I am a positive, happy, peaceful person ~ circumstances in my life can not be changed - and hey who even knows if I would like the changes if they happened - so my choice today is to NOT allow those things I can't control to affect my outlook on life.

Mr Anger Resentful Mad at Most Folks Attitude can just exit stage left - I'm done with you!!!!!

Hope each of you have a PINKTASTIC Day - It's a gorgeous warm Thursday in beautiful Southwest Louisiana -

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 10-27-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Lisa, I'll send you a PM with a link. I don't want to post them because one pic was used by local and national media, and I'll lose my anonymity. If anyone else familiar to me wants to see them, send me a PM
Old 10-27-2011, 10:20 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
mergirl

Thanks Chino =) Rita being angry for long is an uncomfortable place for me, so I am thinking pink thoughts your way.

I love the 11th step. I love the simplicity of just asking for direction from the universe, and letting go. I am taking on stress from others these days, poor hula hoop keeps getting thrown down, jumped over and distorted haha.

A guy said last night, "There I was walking along minding my own business, when I jumped out of a bush and [assaulted] myself." (he used the word molested, I change the quote to suite myself:P)

if I would stop invented ways to make myself fell dis-ease my days would run smoother!

Things for me are actually peachy. I have some friends going through some really tough times though.

ok, back in my hula hoop. Amy, dont disappear on me now, I just started college accounting classes and I need your inspiration daily <3
Old 10-27-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

((Chino)) - will pm you my e-mail, I wanna see pics!! I, honestly, never really knew much about the native Americans but started paying attention as I got to know you, ((Laurie)) and ((BarbDwyer)) and though my background (as far as I know) is German and Norwegian, I really love learning from the strength, tenacity, yet peace from you all.

(((Rita))) - I'm the same way. When I'm angry or irritable, that is SO not me any more. I try not to stay that way very long.

(((Lisa))) - not going anywhere, just been drowning in school work. Got my alternator replaced on my car only to find it dead last night (aunt Phyllis asked if I gave it a good funeral). My most awesome mechanic came to the house this morning with his heavy-duty charger, got it started and I had to get a new battery. I am quite ready for nothing to break or injure myself for quite a while.

Was ready to hang it up on school, the other night. Totally frustrated, thought I was barely passing, and my school buddy T called and cheered me up then called me on her lunch break the next day. She cracks me up, with her NJ accent and attitude, and will NOT let me stay down on myself. Turns out, I have an 89 average for the 5 classes, so am definitely not failing.

I was finally able to go out and do stores, today, and though I'm a bit achy from the getting up and down off the floor, stretching to reach the top of the displays while on the floor, it was GREAT getting out of the house.

Dad is on his way back from IL, Brit has been a gem, has come in to ask me what I'm working on in school and stuff. Had to apologize for snapping at stepmom this morning when my car wouldn't start, but I did.

I will later post a thread on what's been going through my head, but 6 years ago, on Halloween day, I was released from the diversion center. Though it would be nice to say I have 6 years clean, I don't and I realized it was in large part because I was still a raging codie. Thank God I finally hit bottom on both accounts

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-28-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
mergirl

Friday, October 28, 2011
Meditation and Prayer

The Eleventh Step asks us to meditate as a route to improving our conscious contact with God.

Meditation is different than obsessing or worrying. Obsession and worrying are fear connections. Meditation means opening our mind and our spiritual energy to the God connection.

To connect with God, we need to relax as best we can and open our conscious and subconscious mind to a Higher Consciousness - one that is available to each of us.

In the busyness of our day and life, it may seem like a waste of time to slow down, to stop what we're doing, and take this kind of break. It is no more a waste of time than stopping to put gas in our car when the tank is almost empty. It is necessary, it is beneficial, and it saves time. In fact, meditation can create more time and energy than the moments we take to do it.

Meditation and prayer are powerful recovery behaviors that work. We need to be patient. It is not reasonable to expect immediate answers, insight, or inspiration.

But solutions are coming. They are already on the way, if we have done our part - meditate and pray - and then let the rest go.

Whether we pray and meditate first thing in the morning, during a coffee break, or in the evening is our choice.

When our conscious contact with God improves, our subconscious contact will too. We will find ourselves increasingly tuned in to God's harmony and will for us. We will find and maintain that soul connection, the God connection.

Today, I will take a moment for meditation and prayer. I will decide when and how long to do it. I am a child and creation of God - a Higher Power who loves to listen and talk to me. God, help me let go of my fears about whether or not You hear and care. Help me know that You are there and that I am able to tap into the spiritual consciousness
Old 10-30-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
mergirl

Sunday, October 30, 2011
Self Value

We have a real life of our own. Yes, we do.

That empty feeling, that senses that everyone except us has a life - an important life, a valuable life, a better life - is a remnant from the past. It is also a self-defeating belief that is inaccurate.

We are real. So is our life. Jump into it, and we'll see.

Today, I will live my life and treasure it as mine
Old 10-30-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I'm getting better at taking those leaps of faith. Had a comprehensive exam and had a feeling it was going to be really tough. No way I could re-read the 300+ pages in 2 books, so skimmed through them and just went for it.

I think I was fairly confident on 3 answers of 50, we were given 2 hours to do it, so there was time to look up the information, but some of it, there was no way to answer the question without reading every page.

Submitted it, and made a 76. Amazingly, it only dropped my class average a point or two, so still have a solid B in that class.

I still have a ways to go in not wigging out on most assignments, but am hoping that by the end of the semester I will be much better. Have to focus on how well I've done, that the majority of my fellow students say "I can't imagine taking 5 classes, 3 are killing me" and that my life doesn't depend on any one test, paper, etc.

We got down into the 30's last night. I had to do some major snuggling with Elvis as he was making it very hard to concentrate on the test..either wanted in my lap (on my book) or would get on the back of my chair, slide down, so I had to lean forward while he was totally content.

I made it up to him, though, fell asleep with him on my pillow, Mots on me.

One more assignment for this week, lots of research, but more prepared after a lot of sleep. Also got more stores done Fri., didn't get home until 11. Went right through the city of my old McD's, so dropped in and everyone was tickled to see me. Stopped by the store my buddy works at, she's struggling to keep her car, but it was nice to see people who were happy to see me AND glad that I'm doing good.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-31-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween my friends -
Hope it's a day filled with Treats and no tricks!

after living such a fearful, scary life - living on pins and needles for most of my life - I truly don't understand the attraction to the scary movies, fear factors, and haunted houses - why would I want to PAY someone to make me feel the way I worked so hard to get away from????? but that's just me. . .

Today a love peaceful, serene and happy moments - laughter is my friend!

PINK HUGS!
Rita
Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Rita, I'm the same way. Before my life took a detour into hell when I was a teenager, I used to love scary movies and haunted houses. But afterward? No way Jose'! I've managed to conquer my fears but I sure don't want to test myself.

Everything in my world is 'normal' these days. Husband and I came home from our football game last night, and daughter was here finishing up her laundry, clearing out more of her stuff. She cleaned the entire kitchen for me, too!

She and her brother came over Saturday and we all ate dinner together, after she shaved his head like Mr T for a party. It was so funny and perfect! He'll be wearing a mohawk for a while LOL.

Husband and I are either getting along great or fighting like cats and dogs. It's all good though, because it's not nasty stuff, more like clearing the air. It's heated sometimes but respectful.

I like this normal and pray it lasts a while
Old 10-31-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
mergirl

Monday, October 31, 2011
All Our Needs

And my God shall supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory...
—Phil. 4:19

This verse has helped me many times. It has helped me when I have wondered where my next friend bit of wisdom, insight, or meal was coming from.

Everything I need today shall be supplied to me.

People, jobs, what we have to our immediate disposal, are not our source.

We have tapped into a Greater Source, a source of infinite and immediate supply: God and His Universe.

Our task is to allow ourselves to come into harmony with our Source. Our task is to believe in, and look to, our true Source. Our task is to release fear; negative thinking, limitations, and short supply thinking.

Everything we need shall be provided to us. Let it become a natural response to all situations, and all situations of need.

Reject fear. Reject short supply and limited thinking notions. Be open to abundance.

Cherish need because it is part of our relationship to God and His Universe. God has planned to meet our every need, has created the need within us, so God can supply.

No need is too small or too great. If we care and value our need, God will too.

Our part is taking responsibility for owning the need. Our part is giving the need to the Universe. Our part is letting go, in faith. Our part is giving God permission to meet our needs by believing we deserve to have our needs - and wants - met.

Our part is healthy giving, not out of caretaking, guilt, obligation, and codependency, but out of a healthy relationship with ourselves, God, and all of God's creations.

Our part is simply to be who we are, and love being that.

Today, I will practice the belief that all my needs today shall be met. I will step into harmony with God and His Universe, knowing that I count
Old 11-01-2011, 05:12 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good Morning my wonderful friends

IT'S NOVEMBER!!! yeah - isn't November just a wonderful Month!

I love love love November!! It's one of my favorite months!

One of my friends on FB does a challenge every year to a bunch of us to do 30days of Gratitude - to post your status every day as something you are grateful for . . .

Today mine is the God of my understanding! How that God has changed thru the years - but ya know probably the truth is - God hasn't changed - it's just my concept, understanding and relationship with Him has! It's a more intimate, personal friendship ~ It is my greatest gift from Him! I am so grateful!

So if anyone else would like to join these 30 days of gratitude - please feel free to do so!

PINK HUGS & I pray each of you are able to enjoy the blessings of the day!
loves ya,
Rita
Old 11-01-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
mergirl

Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Transformation through Grief

We're striving for acceptance in recovery - acceptance of our past, other people, our present circumstances, and ourselves. Acceptance brings peace, healing, and freedom - the freedom to take care of ourselves.

Acceptance is not a one step process. Before we achieve acceptance, we go toward it in stages of denial, anger, negotiating, and sadness. We call these stages the grief process. Grief can be frustrating. It can be confusing. We may vacillate between sadness and denial. Our behaviors may vacillate. Others may not understand us. We may neither understand our own behavior nor ourselves while we're grieving our losses. Then one day, things become clear. The fog lifts, and we see that we have been struggling to face and accept a particular reality.

Don't worry. If we are taking steps to take care of ourselves, we will move through this process at exactly the right pace. Be understanding with yourself and others for the very human way we go through transition.

Today, I will accept the way I go through change. I will accept the grief process, and its stages, as the way people accept loss and change.