Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 9

Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuesday24 View Post
I am here I have decided not to give up on myself this time. Even though I dont always feel like I am worth it- I am.
Everyone here has made a lasting impact on my life and I cannot thank you all enough.
Of course you are worth it.

Don' quit quitting, please.

It is good to laugh. As I progress in sobriety, I find that i am able to laugh again. Some weeks ago, I was driving my car when I heard a joke on the radio. I laughed out loudly, and realized that I haven't laughed that way for a very long time.

Alcohol can destroy everything, even your ability to laugh.

TP: Yes, I can sincerely believe that, for me , alcohol consumption is a moral trasgression. Other people can drink normally and nothing bad happens. Not for me. If I drink, I will ruin my life and most probably the life of others.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Tuesday, I'm in with Stream - I'll post too, to keep you here. It helps. Promise.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

See everyone, this is Stream

<-------------
Old 08-30-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

And thats my good side. :rotfxko
Old 08-30-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yikes..well every one. Like I said, a good productive day. A lot of great posts, a lot of helpful insight, and definitely an awakening. I have new phrases to repeat to myself and new information to dig into.

I'm calling it a day early tonight. Sleep well every one.

Sober beautiful dreams...and I promise....I will not picture any one in a tube top.

Hugs, loves, and blessings to all!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thanks, guys. You all helped me through a brutal day of AV trying to kick my a**.

I'm going to bed soon. It's my safest place. Tomorrow, another day to take on the world.

PS Stream - Crest Whitening Strips. Check them out. :rotfxko

love and hugs -

Anna (bratnik)
Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Here's an appropriate pic for tonight...

I'll let you guys figure out who's who.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My thoughts today:
I was driving to work and I was fighting this overwhelming urge to just pull off the road and stop. I just don't want to do this anymore! I went on to work. I was going home when I got a call about another location in crisis that I had to go to. I headed there without hesitation then almost there the same feeling washed over me. I wanted to turn around and go home instead.
Something to think about......
Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Stumbled upon a nice little moon shot that I took last year and thought I should post it for those of you that get some comfort from seeing the moon in the sky.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

One more moon for you...

This was in the earlier this year when the moon was closer to the earth than it would be for many years...I forget what the term for it is. Anyway, my son and I went down to Lake Ontario and got some picks of the moon rising over Lake Ontario. The laws of diffraction made it impossible to get a sharp picture of the moon but the colours were brilliant!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sorry...double post.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great pics though

D
Old 08-30-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good Night June Class.

I've read all your pages, and you guys really wore me out.
I hope everyone finds their way.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

TP - a perfect end to a successful day. Thank you. Your pictures were wonderful.

I'm in bed, safe from another day of alcohol. It was hard today, but you all helped me through tremendously. Thank you a million times.

Here's to waking up sober and ready to start the day (at 6:00 am when I and the dog wake up). I am already an old lady but if I'm sober, i love it!

xo

anna
Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thank you all for helping me through the day...Means a lot to me. Great pics TP...I find the moon very comforting
Old 08-30-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

lol Bratnik, you crack me up!!! lol..still laughing at the crest white strips comment :rotfxko
Old 08-30-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I know I cant drink, if I start it doesnt stop till I run out or black out. I have learned also that a drink will not make anything better. The bills will still be there, luandery to do, chores to be done and above all loved ones to love and hold. By not drinking these things are stil there but not wourse. It is one day at a time and that is enough.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard sobermechanic

D
Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi
Can any explain this brain fog, i keep reading about?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:52 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

What a relief

Boy is it good to see us back to our jovial selves.

I had my boss unload on me today again for something that I had no part of, and I just told him I wouldn't be back. It is the first time in my life I have quit without giving 2 weeks notice. I actually work for two different entities for this recreation center, so I have (had...) two bosses. The lady I do some things for is a professional and is very sweet and kind. This other guy is a complete fart-knocker. This guy led me toward a couple of destructive "slips" and I do not want to have that happen again. I just couldn't deal with his temper and his shmitty attitude any more, it was... and still is... making me very unhappy. Somebody told me to say "God bless him" so I do, but geez Lois... GOOD RIDDANCE.
So there it is. I guess that is drawing a line in the sand that shows where my commitment is for maintaining my sobriety. I did something I never thought I would ever do in just walking from the job, but I had to... If I had to put up with the guy for another day, it would have been BENDER time.

I will still get some hours from the gal, which will be alright, but I know the guy now more than likely will have it out for me. Whatever, I am out from under his thumb and this is only a temporary gig until I get my teaching license from the state... **(cynicism alert)** which should happen some time before 2014. I submitted my stuff in March and still do not have my license, is that ridiculous or what?

Chimp, good to see you back pal. As far as your stuff with your girl, just talk it through with her and commit yourself to never hurting her like that again. I know you have a strong will and you have a lot of love for her too. Treat her well buddy; it sounds like both of you have keepers.

Class, Cool website. Maybe you should update your photo if you don't like the one you have on there. I am thinking.... Tube Top and Leathers. That'll pull in some students.

TP, cool shots! The moon looks like it is on fire in the second pic!

Mariano-- Your English is much better than you give yourself credit for. You never cease to amaze me with your well-crafted posts. I like the way you think man.

Wader, I like the way you think too. I have a lot of respect for you and your always positive posts. Your "blue-collar" post is one of the most objective and poignant posts I've seen in a while. And I don't think you look like a camel.

Since everybody around here seems to be putting faces with there names, and my avatar is pretty fuzzy... here's Papa and O:

or not. Hey to all who have posted pics... all of mine are over the 23Kb that SR allows for a jpeg. How did you do it?

Much obliged for your help!

Paddy I have often wondered the same.

PN