Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 6

Old 08-21-2011, 07:52 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

On to day 15. Yesterday was a toughy; not in urges or cravings, but in relationship, which is a big trigger for me. But, I fought it off, and today has already started off better.

Mirage, Dave, it appears we have similar tastes in music. Enjoy the show, Mirage! I prefer the lawn anyway; ever tried to move and shake to the music in a seat?

Sorry to say that it's beautiful in Cincinnati today; I'll enjoy it on your behalf.

Loving my new life already!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Sober sweaty solo 10k this morning, with toi in mind! Foggy harbor, salt marshes, rolling farmland--Maine is beautiful

Ive seen lightfoot and train in concert and loved them both!

So glad for you lofty, so glad you handled the trigger

Thinking today is an icy ice tea or lemonade day for you mirage!

Happy Sunday to all!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:40 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

The concert was great! Yep Lofty, I stood and bopped thru the whole thing. Silly pavilion people! Ended up being a gorgeous night, clear and kinda crisp with a nice breeze. Really fun. (Oh, it wasn't hot HERE, that Tarzan quote was for hot and humid Dave in Florida.)

That DOES sound beautiful, frances. Not the running, but the scenery. haha

Nice goin yesterday, Lofty. The longer we handle stuff sober, the easier it gets to keep doing it. Yay for 15!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:05 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh, and what a blast being sober for it, btw!! Never had to stand in the long lines for the bathroom, didn't lose my balance on the hill where we were standing, etc. I was really enjoying the moment. At one point my 9 yr old was laying down with his head on my lap and I was playing with his hair thinking how great it was. (Mind you, I wouldn't have drank with them around anyway, but still..this is probably the first concert I've been to without a drink.)
Old 08-22-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Fantastic, Mirage! It's amazing the simple gifts we sometimes overlooked in our alcohol obsession when drinking. Saturday night and Sunday night I made fires in the pit for two sets of friends of my kids, and then left them alone with their friends, checking on them occasionally (to make sure no one was on fire). When I went out, they all thanked me for the fire, and included me in conversation for a while. That would not have happened just 3 weeks ago. They would have been thinking, what is dad gonna say, how many beers has he had before the one in his hand, is he slurring his words? I would have been received in silence, and they would have held their breaths for me to leave. Simple joys and pleasures. Love conquers all!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Editor

Mirage and Lofty-It sounds like you guys had excellent weekends. I feel you lofty...My soon to be 15 year old actually likes hanging out with me again....It warms my heart. Marchers I hope that everyone has a wonderful day. busy busy
Dave
Old 08-23-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Day 17 has begun. 16 was a little odd. Fine until I saw my therapist, then a bit of depression settled in afterward. Went to my cave (basement) but didn't drink; just watched tv alone. Maybe I needed a little down time. Was drifting off by around 9 so I went to bed. Woke up today, after a great sleep, still a little down. Don't know why. I do know I haven't been sticking to my food diet, and have put on a couple pounds. Also that I haven't worked out for 4 days.

I guess I downloaded a lot of issues to my therapist at mtg #2 yesterday. Want to get my money's worth, ya know! Maybe I am subconsciously processing some of what I said. Maybe the gravity of what I said has hit me. Oh well, I'll figure it out.

HAVE A GREAT SOBER TUESDAY EVERYONE!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Editor

Lofty- Down times happen and when we stir up all of those hidden emotions that we have buried from years ago it can play a jedi mind trick on us. Going to the cave is needed sometimes. Just let me process is what I tell my wife. She love that one. You are heading down a good path. Get back to your exercise and eating plan....it really does make a difference. Hang in there buddy.

Ok who is your muppet character? Mine is unfortunately Fozzie Bear. Woka woka woka. Mother in law gave me that one many moons ago. Who are you in the muppet world?

Peace love and happiness Marchers
DAve
Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better today, Lofty. Yeah, I'm sure talking about stuff can bring up a myriad of emotions..it's part of what makes it scary to do! Glad you're moving forward, though and not running from it. I feel you getting stronger by the day!

Hmm...muppet character, eh? I'd have to go with one of the old men in the balcony. I like to see shows, and I like to be a smart a**. haha
Old 08-23-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Definitely Kermit. Thanks for the encouragement, LF and Mirage! I am now at my new desk, after not having an office for 8+ months. It's weird. Now, I feel like I have to get back to work. Darn!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:56 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Been feeling rather tetchy all day but this evening I managed to fix computer problems. Also found a wonder-product online which will hopefully mean my dog won't need to get his teeth cleaned under anesthesia and so feeling a bit more positive now as this has been worrying me for a while. I am soooo much smarter sober and actually look for solutions instead of just worrying.

The downside of this increased smartness is that I realise how mind numbingly bored I am at work and also am more aware of some of the idiots in my world and thus the tetchiness!

Kermit is cool but this link made me realise the Swedish chef is my soulmate!
Great Vegans in World History

Marching on and toasting all the Marchers with my hot chocolate.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

View from hotel Monday

...before I had to get back to work! But did get run along beach on Tues morning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WeebleNapier.jpg (20.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 08-24-2011, 05:02 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

All you muppet guys are in violation of my SR copyright....

D
Old 08-24-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Dee...sounds like you are green with envy...it's good to be green!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hahaha!! He's gonna blow us up!!

Toi..wow,what an awesome view! Is your weeble sportin bling?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Editor

Old 08-24-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Editor

Ok. I have time now. LOL Dee. I can see you being upset about Kermit or Gonzo or the Chef. All awesomely cool characters. But Fozzie....come on. Who on earth would want to be Fozzie. Also I didn't feel that I was copy write infringing because you are forever Floyd in my mind.
I hope that All is well in your worlds.
Peace, Love and Happiness
Dave

Smiles everyone. Smiles
Old 08-24-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

"Smiles everyone...smiles!" Ahhhh..Saturday nights in the early 80s. This followed The Love Boat if I remember correctly. Quality t.v. I tell ya! Wish they'd run em in syndication.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Nite nite marchers!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Day 19...first day of school, now I can get back to work. Last night was tough. Felt like I deserved a drink after a long summer to brethe a sigh of relief, plus I got good news on two big biz deals I've been working on for a while. I celebrated with wings and mello yello instead, and am glad for that decision today.

Have a great day, all!